Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:41 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
redskinman wrote:
The fox I bought for the Pilot came in a 200 psi too if I remember correctly and I thought that was too stiff for the Pilot? So Im a little surprised you need to add more?

Take a look at the difference in shock angle from a pilot vs. ody. Pilot is more straight up and down, the ody is layed way forward. This changes the lever ratio and requires the ody shock to be stiffer. That is my understanding of it anyway.

That would be a good question for Lee and Dave-Co.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:39 am 

Update?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:12 am 

It's been too cold to work in an unheated garage. Still need to load up the Ody and take it in to get the shocks charged up.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:26 am 

Too cold in the desert?

Here is the view out my front window...

Attachments:
ice.jpg
ice.jpg [ 57.25 KiB | Viewed 1263 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:35 am 

duwem wrote:
Too cold in the desert?

Here is the view out my front window...

He is up North where its cold
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Carson+City+NV+USNV0014:1:US

Its going to be in the 40's here today then back in the deep freeze.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:29 pm 

Or put a heater in your garage? I just insulated and installed a 80,000btu heater in my 3 car garage and it can be toasty or 45 when I'm not using it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm 

Even though I live in the desert, it's the high desert at 5000 feet and this winter it's been colder than average.

Looks like I'm not going to get to this until mid January weather permitting.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:01 pm 

Still too cold? :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:04 pm 

It's a balmy 12 here in nw Indiana today. 65 in my garage working...:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:14 pm 

No I just have had other projects on the books such as selling off my POS Baja bug and putting an entire new braking system on my 66 bug. After I am finished with the 66 I will then take a few hours off work and have the shocks pumped up to 275psi and go for a test ride.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:40 pm 

Randman wrote:
No I just have had other projects on the books such as selling off my POS Baja bug and putting an entire new braking system on my 66 bug. After I am finished with the 66 I will then take a few hours off work and have the shocks pumped up to 275psi and go for a test ride.

Rand

giving up on the BUG?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 pm 

Past tense, the Baja is already gone!

Just need to finish the braking system on my 66 daily driver!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:49 am 

Randman wrote:
Past tense, the Baja is already gone!

Just need to finish the braking system on my 66 daily driver!

Rand

Kool u get 5 hundows for it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:31 am 

any updates on the shocks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:35 am 

No update yet, my 66 bug has been taking all my time. I finally finished the disk brake and sound system installation on her and now its time to turn back to the Ody's.

Just have to find someone local here who can bump the nitrogen pressure up in the shocks.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:28 pm 

Well I finally got a chance to ride the Fl350 with the Fox 2.0 shock modification.

And the verdict is...............................................they work well! :-) Well enough that I discovered that my weak point in my suspension it the lack of travel in the front end.

I currently have mine set at a pressure of 275psi. While this may be just a tad bit stiff for most people, but for my fat 240 pound pudgy ass the work just fine at 275.

Now Ridindirty who probably weighs in at around 170 pounds took my Ody out and the verdict for him is that 275 pounds is too stiff. 250 would probably more to his liking.

The bottom line is, I picked these shocks up for a whole 380 bucks shipped and they are well worth the price. They are a lot better deal than the Works shock which are now robbing the bank at 600 bucks a pair. The only down side is that the Works mounting kit must be used for the lower shock mount and a longer smaller diameter bolt must be used for the top mount.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 pm 

http://www.offroadshocks.com/product/980-02-013-A.html

according to this site you can custom order them with nitrogen pressure, compression and rebound

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:33 am 

Does any one have a pix a Works lower shock mount bolt or can you make it thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:39 am 

Here is a link to a diagram for the Works shock mounting. Look at the lower mounting picture. You will note that it requires the kit due to the reducer bushings that are slid into the swing arm to accommodate the smaller bolt.

http://www.worksperformance.com/pdf/ins ... 350ins.pdf

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:50 am 

Thanks for all the reporting on the air shock, I am sure it will help a lot of us out

As for what Works does on the lower shock, It's just a reducer that could likely be sourced or fabbed up very easily

I've been amazed at what odd hardware I've been finding on line lately...

I've got works on my FL350 that I just can't stomach paying to service

In the end, I'm going to go with a slightly longer fox air and moving the upper mount to get more bump travel, as we know the droop is at it's factory limits already

Also, I'll turn the upper mount 90 degrees so the shock eye bolt is perpendicular with the shocks arc of travel, allowing the shock to pivot on the bolt, as opposed to fighting the upper bushing , which is what the stock setup looks to be doing. In fact I'm going to look at doing the same on the lower if space allows

Again, great field work and thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:15 pm 

Randman wrote:
Well I finally got a chance to ride the Fl350 with the Fox 2.0 shock modification.

And the verdict is...............................................they work well! :-) Well enough that I discovered that my weak point in my suspension it the lack of travel in the front end.

I currently have mine set at a pressure of 275psi. While this may be just a tad bit stiff for most people, but for my fat 240 pound pudgy ass the work just fine at 275.

Now Ridindirty who probably weighs in at around 170 pounds took my Ody out and the verdict for him is that 275 pounds is too stiff. 250 would probably more to his liking.

The bottom line is, I picked these shocks up for a whole 380 bucks shipped and they are well worth the price. They are a lot better deal than the Works shock which are now robbing the bank at 600 bucks a pair. The only down side is that the Works mounting kit must be used for the lower shock mount and a longer smaller diameter bolt must be used for the top mount.

Rand

Good job Randman.Cant believe Works wants almost 600 bucks for AT Steller shocks.I paid under 350 for mine but it has been about 4 years ago.How much does Works charge for the mounting kit?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:51 pm 

I have no clue what Works would want for the mounting kit.

The kit consists of 1 lower mounting bolt, 2 bushings that side into the trailing arm and then 2 bushings that press up against the heim on both side to give the shock enough room to move.

These could be sourced out or could very easily be made on a lathe.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:57 pm 

Randman wrote:

The kit consists of 1 lower mounting bolt, 2 bushings that side into the trailing arm and then 2 bushings that press up against the heim on both side to give the shock enough room to move.

Rand

i think i bought the bolt kit for $30 on ebay 2 years ago

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:04 pm 

B S wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

That was probably me selling them lol.I sold some leftovers I had around that time when I sold my 350.When I google it I can find none for sale,I guess you would need to call Works and see what they sell them for

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:20 pm 

redskinman wrote:
B S wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

That was probably me selling them lol.I sold some leftovers I had around that time when I sold my 350.When I google it I can find none for sale,I guess you would need to call Works and see what they sell them for

It wasn't u

They came outta California

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next