Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:50 am 

Is it possible to access any of the old site, particularly the "super search" option for technical advice/info.

Just in case the answer is "no" my questions are...

On the microfiche for the Pilot, under "Rear Wheel" I am wondering about #15 , the Ring set. It says the size is 26 x 2.0 I think I remember from the old site someone saying that Honda made two sizes and that the smaller one is preferred for ease of removing the axles and/or maintenance - Is that true??? And if there is a smaller size what exactly is it and how do I get a pair? Also, just by comparison of my old ring sets to the new ones (above size) I can tell that the old ones were smaller (about a 26 x 1.8). Please help!!! Thanks in advance.

P.S. Will 25 x 13.5 - 10 ITP Spider Tracs fit onto an ITP 10 x 8 rim that will work on the Pilot without interfering with the rear knuckles, suspension, and/or travel??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:22 am 
SumN4Dan wrote:
Is it possible to access any of the old site, particularly the "super search" option for technical advice/info.

Yes it is back up

Just in case the answer is "no" my questions are...

On the microfiche for the Pilot, under "Rear Wheel" I am wondering about #15 , the Ring set. It says the size is 26 x 2.0 I think I remember from the old site someone saying that Honda made two sizes and that the smaller one is preferred for ease of removing the axles and/or maintenance - Is that true??? And if there is a smaller size what exactly is it and how do I get a pair? Also, just by comparison of my old ring sets to the new ones (above size) I can tell that the old ones were smaller (about a 26 x 1.8). Please help!!! Thanks in advance.

I think you need to order both to ensure you get the right ones, they changed sizes somewhere in their production run
P.S. Will 25 x 13.5 - 10 ITP Spider Tracs fit onto an ITP 10 x 8 rim that will work on the Pilot without interfering with the rear knuckles, suspension, and/or travel??

I have set of those on 8" aluminum if you want them....One rim has a good bend in the bead but still holds air fine...we find them too wide....great traction....fit fine...just not our cup of tea, email me if interested

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:49 am 

Order both sizes they are less than a buck each they you know you will have the right size when you assemble.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:09 pm 

Thanks guys, help much appreciated! As for the rims and tires, ludedude, i'll hold off for now but thanks for the offer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:11 am 
P.S. Will 25 x 13.5 - 10 ITP Spider Tracs fit onto an ITP 10 x 8 rim that will work on the Pilot without interfering with the rear knuckles, suspension, and/or travel??[/quote]

The pic below is a 25x13.5-10 Spider Trac. The knuckle is normally round, right?

Attachments:
File comment: This tire has 7 lb in it. Hope this helps.
HPIM0254.JPG
HPIM0254.JPG [ 116.79 KiB | Viewed 751 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:50 am 
canpilot wrote:

The pic below is a 25x13.5-10 Spider Trac. The knuckle is normally round, right?[/quote]

What rim offest is that on though...I'm sure the ones Ted had on did not hit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:33 pm 
What rim offest is that on though...I'm sure the ones Ted had on did not hit.[/quote]

They are ITP steel wheels, not positive the offset. They don't really "hit" so much as rub - they ARE 13.5 " wide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:04 am 

Yes, the knuckle is usually round.

As for the offset of my rims they are 3 +5, which I believe to be the same as the stock Pilot rims.

As far as the picture goes(which I thank you for providing) I think that says enough - I'm gonna move down a size, probably 12 inches wide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:52 am 
SumN4Dan wrote:
Yes, the knuckle is usually round.

As for the offset of my rims they are 3 +5, which I believe to be the same as the stock Pilot rims.

As far as the picture goes(which I thank you for providing) I think that says enough - I'm gonna move down a size, probably 12 inches wide.

stock is 4+5, the 13.5 work fine with the 3+5, 1" less towards the machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:31 pm 

Thanks LudeDude.