Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strange Burn pattern???
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:36 pm 

Took my seat off to get some of the mud out of the cracks and found this on my belt gaurd... washed off and clean in picture...
I checked the belt to see if this was rubbing and caused this to get that hot...NO marks on belt... Checked around exhaust to see if there was a hole to cause these burn marks no hole... The proximity to the pipe is not a factor, because the air foil on the opposite site of the pipe is clean... I did have a birds build a nest on top of the Engine, removed all the twigs...or at least I told the kid to do it... I doubt the twigs started a fire.... What am I missing???

Attachments:
burnmarks001.JPG
burnmarks001.JPG [ 45.21 KiB | Viewed 926 times ]
burnmarks002.JPG
burnmarks002.JPG [ 46.3 KiB | Viewed 926 times ]
burnmarks003.JPG
burnmarks003.JPG [ 47.28 KiB | Viewed 926 times ]
burnmarks004.JPG
burnmarks004.JPG [ 30.82 KiB | Viewed 926 times ]
File comment: Other than paint being chipped nothing on the inside of the gaurd???
burnmarks005.JPG
burnmarks005.JPG [ 29.1 KiB | Viewed 926 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:17 pm 

Gas leaking out tank, lines, carb over flow, then caught on fire, hit hot exhaust ?

Have the kid run the crap out of it and jump like before stop him every min or so check for gas...

Poofkaboom!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:10 pm 

hoser wrote:
Gas leaking out tank, lines, carb over flow, then caught on fire, hit hot exhaust ?

Have the kid run the crap out of it and jump like before stop him every min or so check for gas...

Poofkaboom!

Poofkaboom hell... I'm afraid to catch the kid on fire!!! At the very least my fat arse...
I'll check all the fittings and clamps also...

How would this poofkaboom the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))??? easy on me I am still learning...
don't say poofkaboom to loudly, I am afraid my buggy might hear you and get some bad ideas!!! :shock:

we checked the balancer oil level that day, and had to remove the seat to add to the Engine, I didn't notice then but I was on that side of the car where the pipe was blocking my view....
I really do not like the cap that came on the fuel tank Odysalvage sold me... almost like a radiator looking cap, as opposed to a screw on with a vent tube like you see on a quad or bike... Yes it does seep out as I can see by the dust accumulating on the tank... might be a good one to ask him about tomorrow... If I am using a fuel pump system, would I still need a vented cap???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:10 pm 

hoser wrote:

Poofkaboom!

Poofkaboom hell... I'm afraid to catch the kid on fire!!! At the very least my fat arse...

How would this poofkaboom the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))??? easy on me I am still learning...
don't say poofkaboom to loudly, I am afraid my buggy might hear you and get some bad ideas!!! :shock:

we checked the balancer oil level that day, and had to remove the seat to add to the Engine, I didn't notice then but I was on that side of the car where the pipe was blocking my view....
I really do not like the cap that came on the fuel tank Odysalvage sold me... almost like a radiator looking cap, as opposed to a screw on with a vent tube like you see on a quad or bike... Yes it does seep out as I can see by the dust accumulating on the tank... might be a good one to ask him about tomorrow... If I am using a fuel pump system, would I still need a vented cap???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:13 pm 

That happens whenever you have yellow paint too close to purple paint.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:36 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:

Poofkaboom!

Take an old sock and cut off the bottom part keep the top part with the elastic and put it around the gas filler neck to catch any seepage..

I said to put your kid in because you could put out a fire faster than getting out and doing it if your driving, the whole test would be done after you have ruled out any leaks, it would be supervised and I assume your smart enough to have a hose running to put it out if their is a fire lol

I guess what I was trying to say was don't shrug it off and go riding then have it flare up 15 miles from the truck, let someone else drive so you can watch for smoke or fire and be ready to put it out, you feel better doing the driving that's cool too, well long as the kid don't panic when it catches on fire then its HOT :shock:

:-) :-) :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:47 pm 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:

Poofkaboom!

Take an old sock and cut off the bottom part keep the top part with the elastic and put it around the gas filler neck to catch any seepage..

I said to put your kid in because you could put out a fire faster than getting out and doing it if your driving, the whole test would be done after you have ruled out any leaks, it would be supervised and I assume your smart enough to have a hose running to put it out if their is a fire lol

I guess what I was trying to say was don't shrug it off and go riding then have it flare up 15 miles from the truck, let someone else drive so you can watch for smoke or fire and be ready to put it out, you feel better doing the driving that's cool too, well long as the kid don't panic when it catches on fire then its HOT :shock:

:-) :-) :-)

With my luck the hose would be 10 feet to short!!!

I will install a fire squirter, and double check all connections again...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:49 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
That happens whenever you have yellow paint too close to purple paint.......

LOL you don't like my little buggy do you??? LOL

I am thinking Turqouise and Hot Pink for my Pilot when I get one???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:25 am 

Well, you do live in Texas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:44 am 

Ody_Stable wrote:
Well, you do live in Texas!

Oh I was being so nice... I erased my Smartask remark about you and California, and these pastel colors... I got enough grief from the east coast last month so I left it out... Just my luck...

At least I don't have to worry about you stealing my ride...LOL If you did you would have Honda Red all over yourself as evidence!!!
LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:02 am 

You made a smart ass remark about me and California? I'm not from California, I just live here, so drawing on that, I can only assume you're not from Texas.

Are you from "New York City"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:12 am 

Ody_Stable wrote:
You made a smart ass remark about me and California? I'm not from California, I just live here, so drawing on that, I can only assume you're not from Texas.

Are you from "New York City"?

New York City??? Get a Rope!!!

My parents are from PA western PA at that...

No I just backspaced it... never published it...

I was born in Texas, way down at the bottom of Texas in Brownsville... Kinda like living in San Diego, so close to the border!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:13 am 

no habla englis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:52 am 

Yoser you mentioned vent tubes... Would the tubes that hang down off the carb being submerged in water have anything to do with this??? I remember hearing the Engine bog when Dakota got it wound up and running in the standing water... A seasonal creek, since we got 9 inches of rain lately... He called it "muddin" I called it oh *^#* Daddy's gotta wash the Odyssey!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:45 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
Yoser you mentioned vent tubes... Would the tubes that hang down off the carb being submerged in water have anything to do with this??? I remember hearing the Engine bog when Dakota got it wound up and running in the standing water... A seasonal creek, since we got 9 inches of rain lately... He called it "muddin" I called it oh *^#* Daddy's gotta wash the Odyssey!!!

I guess the water could create a siphon affect? but would have to see it to believe it, my guess would be jumping or bouncing upset the float and it over flowed either way you need to figure it out so it don't happen again :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:26 am 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

I guess the water could create a siphon affect? but would have to see it to believe it, my guess would be jumping or bouncing upset the float and it over flowed either way you need to figure it out so it don't happen again :shock:

First off I apologize for the mis spelling of the name...
It was early in the am and I had the thought and well no coffee...
I have a small (3mb) avi file that you can hear it bog when he was running thru the little creek bed... it sounded bad so I made him quit... I do know the 3 or 4 tubes are 3/4 inches below the frame... I just can't figure where the gas came from on the carb if this happened??? the bouncing and jumbing he did was nothing compared to when I was in the desert... I must have jiggled something loose!!! You are right gotta figure this out before I have a richard Pryor incident...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:43 pm 

Look at it this way, you won't have to paint flames on the 350!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:04 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:

You funny SOB!!! LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:53 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:

:shock:
Right!

LMAO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:12 pm 

I couldn't find a purple sock, not even a yellow in the girls dept at JC Penney... I guess that will have to wait till I get back to California!!! Maybe O.S will pick me up a pair next time he goes shopping!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:26 pm 

You'll have to go to Frisco for yellow and purple........

Have you told your therapist that you shop in the girls section?

Post subject: Turbo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:41 pm 

I know a racer who will part with his purple 5 point harness for $40.00. Would you like to add it to the paint scheme.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:56 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
You'll have to go to Frisco for yellow and purple........

Have you told your therapist that you shop in the girls section?

Are you kidding she takes me there!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Turbo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:57 pm 

adnoh wrote:
I know a racer who will part with his purple 5 point harness for $40.00. Would you like to add it to the paint scheme.

Yea, what's the date on it??? 4 point or 5???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: belts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:12 pm 

year old,5-point