Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trolls
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:21 pm 

I see another long time member "Trolling" :-)

Howie: Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:52 am
Last visited: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:38 am

Wow 14yrs and only one post

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Trolls
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:02 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:

I think this site should be run by CO. You're the one who truly cares and has the time. Someone get a hold of Hoser and have him release the reigns!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:22 pm 

Duneit wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:

I think this site should be run by CO. You're the one who truly cares and has the time. Someone get a hold of Hoser and have him release the reigns!

LOL. Well it will come to a slow end as soon as I get a job, which will be soon. The only thing holding me back right now is that my parents are in their mid 80's and I am driving them around to doctors appointments.
Hoser has done a good job for us. He runs this site on his own dime. No one pays him for what he does. Once in a blue moon MAYBE someone will send a donation, but I bet that don't cover it. We all need to keep that in mind.
At the end of the day I am very glad I found this site. Any low lifes have been run off and the few that are left are stand ups. What a great site for info and people. A lot of very smart and skiilled people here. If we could ever get this group together and run a company we would be a run away success.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:38 pm 

"Wow 14yrs and only one post"

That's got to be some kind of a record?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:05 am 

I think some people are like me. I come for knowledge. I don't always say much, but i am looking to help when i can. I try to follow the Fl250 section, as i have two of them and feel pretty proficient with most of the problems, but i am trying to get this FL350 back together and have been spending my time on that. I wouldn't say i am Trolling, as that is more like a negative thing, like attacking people to be a dick, but i would say i'm a lurker, trying to suck up all the great tips. I can say the weather has set me back a lot, as i have been spending more time clearing out snow and prepping for the next Nor'Easter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:26 am 

Joker0370 wrote:
I think some people are like me. I come for knowledge. I don't always say much, but i am looking to help when i can. I try to follow the Fl250 section, as i have two of them and feel pretty proficient with most of the problems, but i am trying to get this FL350 back together and have been spending my time on that. I wouldn't say i am Trolling, as that is more like a negative thing, like attacking people to be a dick, but i would say i'm a lurker, trying to suck up all the great tips. I can say the weather has set me back a lot, as i have been spending more time clearing out snow and prepping for the next Nor'Easter.

I was actually not trying to be negative with the post title, it's just that's the word I choose to use.
By "Trolls" I was actually trying to say those people who never comment but have signed up. Not really sure why someone would make the effort to sign up and not say anything. I'm sure a lot of people do what you do but it makes for a slow site and then no one will come here anymore. There is no way in hell anyone who owns one of these things wouldn't have questions. Using the search box can be a "job". Much faster to ask sometimes, after you have made an attempt to find what you are after. Obviously asking how much tire pressure you should run would be a bit much. Also asking questions adds to the site in a traffic kind of way. Not sure if I am explaining myself right here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:17 am 

I don't troll I Lurk.
I'm registered on all kinds of forms but don't post for the same reason Joker mentioned. I may know 99% of what I'm doing and just need a bump to keep me in the right direction.
Some forums read u the riot act if u ask a question that can be answered with a forum search. This is the beginning of a slow death caused by a thousand cuts.
Any question can be the start of an interesting post.
Let's say someone wants to know how to test there fuel pump. They can easily search it but we as a board miss out on the stuff that comes along with a new post, what's that under that tarp ? Where did u get that seat cover? Ect.
For someone with out a pilot or odyssey I'm on here a lot just for the interesting things I learn from u guys and I enjoy sharing when I actually think I may know something..these posts are fewer and fewer.
When CO starts punching a time clock I think a lot of people may drift away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:13 pm 

"I don't troll I Lurk" :-)

i also do. This site is great when you have problems due to the amount of knowledge located here, both historical and the active members who always are willing to chime in. It's also nice to just read (troll/lurk) and stay up to date with what others are doing when you don't have problems. Not sure I have enough experience to add much value to the a lot of the topics here lately unfortunately but still fun to read.

I have been lucky enough to go out for three separate all day outings recently with a full set up of tools and spare parts in anticipation of having issues of some sort and the Pilot has been unbelievably reliable. Running strong all day long. It's nice when that happens. Payback for all the pistons I've replaced maybe?

CO will still be able to check in on his lunch breaks, no?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:22 pm 

FloridaEdd wrote:
I don't troll I Lurk.
I'm registered on all kinds of forms but don't post for the same reason Joker mentioned. I may know 99% of what I'm doing and just need a bump to keep me in the right direction.
Some forums read u the riot act if u ask a question that can be answered with a forum search. This is the beginning of a slow death caused by a thousand cuts.
Any question can be the start of an interesting post.
Let's say someone wants to know how to test there fuel pump. They can easily search it but we as a board miss out on the stuff that comes along with a new post, what's that under that tarp ? Where did u get that seat cover? Ect.
For someone with out a pilot or odyssey I'm on here a lot just for the interesting things I learn from u guys and I enjoy sharing when I actually think I may know something..these posts are fewer and fewer.
When CO starts punching a time clock I think a lot of people may drift away.

that is true,he's keeping the site going with his knowledge.I don't usually post because I don't have the answers,I post when I break something and need help lol