Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 12K Ody for sale in Nj
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:14 pm 

Not mine, It would be dirty if it was! :shock:

Done by that Methodical fabricator guy.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 540826920/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:07 pm 

That things nice, it's a shame he got the ''won't'' travel fox suspension instead of the long travel fox suspension.lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:26 pm 

Yeah, the won't travel version rides a lot rougher! :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:10 pm 

Very nice. I love my buggies and wouldn’t want anything else but we are a dying breed I fear. 12k for that almost puts you into a new RS1 which start around 15k, with warranty etc etc. I hope he gets the 12K don’t get me wrong, it’ll push the market.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:42 pm 

No way a Fl350 is worth 12K.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:30 pm 

rmesser wrote:
No way a Fl350 is worth 12K.

Did you look at it?

Not really a fl350 anymore.

Im not defending the price, just saying.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:27 pm 

I read he sold it for 10k. Can’t find the post on fb anymore just fb marketplace. It still shows available on fb marketplace.
Bob

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:49 pm 

Yeah that was me he told he sold it for 10,000 because I said I didnt think it was worth 12,but hey good for him! It was nice but I would rather have RS1 for that price

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:51 pm 

Is this the one Methodical built for himself or ?

I thought he was modding them for customers but I lost track.

He doesn't seem to be on here much anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:11 pm 

This was built for a customer of his. Just knowing what some of the parts cost. The seller probably has 15k invested in the build.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnEvMl03 ... tu.be#menu

Photos of it next to the 5-link

Attachment:
94115844-EB83-48D4-A452-9DEB446994E8.jpeg
94115844-EB83-48D4-A452-9DEB446994E8.jpeg [ 133.36 KiB | Viewed 1102 times ]

Attachment:
4035B9AB-F3CB-465A-A8E3-12BF6910733D.jpeg
4035B9AB-F3CB-465A-A8E3-12BF6910733D.jpeg [ 135.93 KiB | Viewed 1102 times ]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:48 pm 

I seen that as well...lots of money invested, but not sure I would pay 10g for one..I would rather build it myself,

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:57 pm 

Lets face it --- NONE of us will ever get back the money we invest in ANY of our toys.
We do it because we love the sport. It don't matter what you sell your toys for, you ain't getting your money back. So asking price and selling price of ANY oddy don't matter. If you like it then buy it. If you don't well then you don't.
Just looking at that machine and knowing who built it, you know it's quality. Now go look at some machine on craiglist. Which one do you want ?? It all depends on our personal budgets.
If I had 10G laying around it would be in my garage now, but I don't.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:13 am 

Thanks Curtis, that explains it.

I totally agree CO. Also, I didn't start this to bash the price, just curious what it was all about.

I didn't know it had the Farr kit on it. It looks really good! I like the way it sits, nice and low. I actually like it better than the Meth version. I'm not a fan of cars that look the they are at full droop just sitting there. If your not riding in deep ruts, make it low.

Obviously the car is VERY well done!

Good luck to whoever buys it and I hope they are a member here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:51 am 

bullnerd wrote:

Link takes me to a page with everything for sale but a FL350

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:57 am 

I don’t believe the for sale listing is still posted. The buggy sold for $10,000 according to the seller.

Good for him! That didn’t take long. I hope the next owner drives the hell out of it!!! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:38 am 

Well, I can tell everyone, Doc. was very discerning when the buggy was being built. Everything was gone through, everything. Curtis, your on the right track, but it was way north of 15K. And...I kinda like my 30 percent droop look, especially when I'm not stadium racing :-)

Cheers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:53 pm 

hoser wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

Link takes me to a page with everything for sale but a FL350

Well if you visited here everyday like the rest of us, you would have seen it! :-)

Nice job Meth, that thing is beautiful! (yours is ok too! lol)

I too hope we get to see more of it from the new owner.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:52 pm 

Bullnerd,
What are you riding these days? You still got the Briggs?

Everyone has their own likes and opinions, that’s cool. No need to put down others hard work. It’s a bad look on ya.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:37 am 

CurtisR401 wrote:
Bullnerd,
What are you riding these days? You still got the Briggs?

Everyone has their own likes and opinions, that’s cool. No need to put down others hard work. It’s a bad look on ya.

Yes sir, I still have a couple of the Briggs cars. They have been sitting for a bit because my garage/shop burned down and I have been busy building a new shop and an attached garage. Hopefully they will be seeing a lot more seat time in the future.

Not sure where I put anyone or anything down, if I did, that wasn't my intention, just stating, like you said, my opinion. Also, obviously everyone who built the Briggs and every other stadium lite race car agree, that they look and handle better when they sit low. :shock: :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:17 am 

LOL

I’m looking forward to some photos and ride reports when you get back behind the wheel. The Briggs section on the forum hasn’t seen much love in years. It’s good to know you will be ready when they start stadium lite racing again. If they do not, I bet you would love one of these.

Attachments:
F678BDD3-5433-430C-8FE3-D2DF31FC9D3E.jpeg
F678BDD3-5433-430C-8FE3-D2DF31FC9D3E.jpeg [ 93.59 KiB | Viewed 988 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:47 am 

The odys look nice. I can see how each would have it's place depending on how and where there driven. Pretty darn cool.

As far as a Machine sitting lower and handling. There is a happy medium the numbers don't lie. I learned this one myself doing my pilot I had to learn a lot to dial my in to my liking and riding style. One item was to set it lower based on width length balance and suspension travle and the wheel rates.
Yes I had to get books and learn and still learning 10" of good travel will put preform 14" of bad. This one reason I set up three different type, sand, dirt and woods. Since I do not rock stuff if I did it would a fourth.

If you read a Little about the new talon and the weight bias, wheel base and suspension setting one will see where Honda I feel takes this approach. A side note for zero is the way Honda dial-in the rear shock one can change the crossover to help take flight vis going stiffer sooner. Since there is no high speed adjuster If memory serves Honda went with 44%. don't qutoe me I may have miss read.

Some one can look at the numbers mentioned above of the talon and figure it out pretty quick.

I know a lot off topic here just thought I would mention. I am doing research the talon R to see how some of it can be adapted to a built pilot. Will be a cool project. The. Parts are still not available yet to move on it. However there getting there.

Look at Steve's and zero dave co build and one can see how each is set up different for different styles. When done both work very well for what they are.

Look at steve relocation of front shock and travle numbers and you see why he needed stiffer spring or more wheel rate.
You will also see why zero bottoms if you look at Steve's rear build set point picks on axles.
So zero has moved these set point will help him if he changes the ride height accordingly as well as the transition to the main spring. When one does this one has to reset the front. One thing with zero is rear accerlation squat verses 66 and the effect on steering axis.

Too much for a Sunday anyway!
No matter what very cool looking rides

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:06 pm 

CurtisR401 wrote:
LOL

I’m looking forward to some photos and ride reports when you get back behind the wheel. The Briggs section on the forum hasn’t seen much love in years. It’s good to know you will be ready when they start stadium lite racing again. If they do not, I bet you would love one of these.

Hell yeah, I would. Id pave every inch of grass if my wife would let me.

Someone was just selling 4 of those from an amusement park....so tempting! lol!

And again, not bashing anyone or anything, Ton of respect for Methodical, those things are beautiful.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:32 pm 

CurtisR401 wrote:
LOL
I bet you would love one of these.

If anyone thinks go cart racing is cheap, they're delusional.
When I quit racing cars 20 yrs ago, I went to a go cart race in Portland Or and was hovering around the pits. I was real interested and was staring at two of these carts. A guy walked up and asked me if I had questions. It just so happened he was the president of the carting association. I got schooled real quick. I asked about the cost of tires and entry fee. He told me and I was over the moon with excitement. You see, the tires on my race car cost me $1200 a set and the go cart tires were $35 each. Then I asked about engines. He said you rebuild them every 1 1/2 hrs :shock: . He also had an entire tube FULL of axels with all different thicknesses. He said that's how you tune a go cart. If you hit a curb you bend an axel.
Dream crushed.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:53 pm 

Yeah... I was referring to the real deal shifter carts, not amusement park toys. They are nice and low to the ground and have really good handling. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:42 pm 

CurtisR401 wrote:
Yeah... I was referring to the real deal shifter carts, not amusement park toys. They are nice and low to the ground and have really good handling. :-)

Ahh, gotcha....see, even they know, low is better!