Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 am 

Hey guys Im planning a trip to pismo in mid July. It will be Christmas in July trip. Whats that mean? Just like it sounds gonna do a small Christmas in July. Im brining a tree and gonna set it up with presants and stuff, bake a ham, ugly sweaters. The family will love it and some great riding. Ill have an exact date in the next few days so plan for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 am 

How about Festivus for the secular I am sure someone could find a aluminum pole to bring you could video the feats of strength thing and the airing of grievances lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8g4Ztf7hIM

Wish I lived closer to pismo hope you guys have a good time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:11 am 

"Gather all your family around and tell them all the ways they've disappointed you over the last year"
Lmao excellent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9E6fxvU ... ata_player

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 pm 

Hmmmmm,

A group trip a whole lot closer to my neighborhood! Ridindirty, myself and the family have been talking about making another trip to someplace other than here local and I was thinking PISMO! Kolby hasn't been there yet and the wife and kinds haven't been there since the late 80's!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:10 pm 

Randman wrote:
Hmmmmm,

A group trip a whole lot closer to my neighborhood! Ridindirty, myself and the family have been talking about making another trip to someplace other than here local and I was thinking PISMO! Kolby hasn't been there yet and the wife and kinds haven't been there since the late 80's!

Rand

So you can bring the wife and show her that "Other things shrink too, honey! See?" (Refering to the size of Pismo Dunes since the 80's for all you dirty minded people)

I will have to bring my projector and play National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Should be fun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:08 pm 

I talked to the Wife and Kolby last night and I think once we pin down some dates we are probably a go!

Kolby has never been there and the wife and kids haven't been there since the late 80's probably around 1987 or 1988! I might be able to drag my Daughter Randi and her husband out there but that depends on when grandchild #5 gets here! Baby is due July 17th! :-)

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 pm 

I say we do one of those gift exchanges where everyone brings 1 present each, then we do like a raffle or something. Also put a price cap on what the gift should cost. That way, we don't have to worry about who is showing up, how many gifts to try to bring, etc...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:15 pm 

Dear Santa......

Since it going to be July and you won't be very busy, I want you to bring me a brand spanking new Polaris RZR 900 when I get to Pismo!

There that's my wish! Now who's going to pay for it? Not me I'm to friggin cheap!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 pm 

Randman wrote:
Dear Santa......

Since it going to be July and you won't be very busy, I want you to bring me a brand spanking new Polaris RZR 900 when I get to Pismo!

There that's my wish! Now who's going to pay for it? Not me I'm to friggin cheap!

Rand

You'd have to get second mortgage. Those things are insane. I've never and probably never will spend that much on a on road vehicle. Let alone something to ride offroad.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:08 am 

Ok date is set. Wednesday the 17th through Sunday the 21st. Of July

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:05 am 

shoubadaba wrote:
Ok date is set. Wednesday the 17th through Sunday the 21st. Of July

I might be interested in meeting up with you guys if that's ok :-)

-Jason

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:34 am 

everyone is welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:55 am 

shoubadaba wrote:
everyone is welcome.

Sounds Good :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:54 am 

Cant wait for this trip. Got my new RV and am really wanting to try it out. As Shoubadaba said, ALL ARE WELCOME, but be ready to deal with soft sand. Shoubadaba and I are going to make a tow hook on the front of the RV, because it will need to be towed in and out from camp to shore. I plan on towing the flatbed trailer in with the RZR as well. Airing down your tires is a must, I normally go down ( LOL ) to about 15psi, but will have to see how far down to air the dually rear tires on the RV. For all coming, bring shovels, planks of wood, plywood, tow straps, and plenty of BEER!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:38 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
Cant wait for this trip. Got my new RV and am really wanting to try it out. As Shoubadaba said, ALL ARE WELCOME, but be ready to deal with soft sand. Shoubadaba and I are going to make a tow hook on the front of the RV, because it will need to be towed in and out from camp to shore. I plan on towing the flatbed trailer in with the RZR as well. Airing down your tires is a must, I normally go down ( LOL ) to about 15psi, but will have to see how far down to air the dually rear tires on the RV. For all coming, bring shovels, planks of wood, plywood, tow straps, and plenty of BEER!

I have read a bunch of horror stories about RV's and pismo hopefully it will rain the night before and tighten up the sand for you, definitely air down the tires I remember MacDizzy telling me it makes a huge and as much difference on the RV as any other thing with a tire.

Have someone out with the RZR and video running as you attempt lol

Good luck!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:06 pm 

nickRNR wrote:

How far up from the tide line are you planning on camping?

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:13 pm 

With all the rvs we are only gonna go in 100 yards just above the travel path between tide and trailers. We usually go pretty far in

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
With all the rvs we are only gonna go in 100 yards just above the travel path between tide and trailers. We usually go pretty far in

Where abouts do you guys usually camp? Near what mile marker?

-Jason

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:16 am 

Between the first and second opening in the open area right by the dune mountain.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:17 am 

We normally camp wherever there is room. Just have to drive around a bit and scout out an area. Once there, we will guide people in via cell phones, smoke signals, and illuminated inflatable dolls!

(I like my answer better than shoubadaba's!)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:20 am 

The mountain everyone climbs to set off fireworks or busted for setting them off even if you didnt ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:51 am 

Don't think I'm gonna be able to get my Motorhome back into the dunes that far. I have the same rig as Nick.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:11 am 

Far what you mean? Its right on the beach we will camp on the waters edge so you guys will have no problem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:05 am 

Man this one is driving me crazy because of timing!

My daughter is due to give birth to my 5th grandchild on the 15th. I'm hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone.

1.) Go down and see the daughter and new grandson in Lake Elisinore.....

2.) Hit Pismo on the way back!

If I take the Motorhome, I would need some assistance to get on and off the beach above the tide line.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:15 am 

I should bring 6 or 8 sheets of plywood and try to "tank tread" my way in lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next