Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:25 am 

Randman wrote:
Man this one is driving me crazy because of timing!

My daughter is due to give birth to my 5th grandchild on the 15th. I'm hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone.

1.) Go down and see the daughter and new grandson in Lake Elisinore.....

2.) Hit Pismo on the way back!

If I take the Motorhome, I would need some assistance to get on and off the beach above the tide line.

Rand

We will have several 4x4 trucks in our camp, so no worries. You might want to make a tow hook on the front bumper though. Halorising got stuck in Glamis and the only thing to tie up to was his front sway bar and it got all bent to hell.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
Randman wrote:
Man this one is driving me crazy because of timing!

My daughter is due to give birth to my 5th grandchild on the 15th. I'm hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone.

1.) Go down and see the daughter and new grandson in Lake Elisinore.....

2.) Hit Pismo on the way back!

If I take the Motorhome, I would need some assistance to get on and off the beach above the tide line.

Rand

We will have several 4x4 trucks in our camp, so no worries. You might want to make a tow hook on the front bumper though. Halorising got stuck in Glamis and the only thing to tie up to was his front sway bar and it got all bent to hell.

Why does everybody always hook to the sway bar that is barley strong enough to do its designed job then after its broke or junk decide to hook to something else? Cant count the times I have seen this trick done usually its in the winter pulling them out of the ditch :-) Funny every time, whats really funny is when they can destroy the bumper and the sway bar before they are out of the ditch.

Hopefully no tows will be required... :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:46 pm 

I'll have to take a look at the front end and see what will be involved.

Nick, do you have any pictures or Ideas you and Rusty have designed for your Motorhome?

Also, what kind of air fittings do you have on your rear duals? I have some valve stem extenders, but they are a pain in the ass to use.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:25 pm 

Unfortunately, there isnt anything to hook on to the front of an RV except for the sway bar, that is why we are going to make something. I will take photos Rand, and post them up here for you. The bumper bolts to the frame, I am thinking of making some "L" brackets and running a piece of steel from driver to passenger side and mounting a hook in the center somewhere. No real plans yet.

As for the air valves, it just has the standard one where the inner wheel has a longer valve that comes out through the outer wheel.

Hopefully we can find a spot fairly close to shore. If I am able to get my hands on 6 sheets of plywood or so, I may not need to air down the rear tires, but I will air down the fronts for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:48 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
Unfortunately, there isnt anything to hook on to the front of an RV except for the sway bar, that is why we are going to make something. I will take photos Rand, and post them up here for you. The bumper bolts to the frame, I am thinking of making some "L" brackets and running a piece of steel from driver to passenger side and mounting a hook in the center somewhere. No real plans yet.

As for the air valves, it just has the standard one where the inner wheel has a longer valve that comes out through the outer wheel.

Hopefully we can find a spot fairly close to shore. If I am able to get my hands on 6 sheets of plywood or so, I may not need to air down the rear tires, but I will air down the fronts for sure.

Years ago I made a hook out of a straighten coil spring out of a junk car bent two different size hooks one on each end then you can slip the hook over a A-arm or into a hole in the frame then put your strap or shackle over the hook on the other, I have yet to find a automobile of any kind I could not rig up and pull without damage, back in the 80's when we had good snows around here we use to make a ton of cash pulling people out with every snow storm.

Havent seen my home made hook in years think my son latched onto it, I also have all kinds of shackles, short straps, short chains for rigging, I even use old serpentine drive belts for a tow strap you can work them up over the frame then either choke it or use a shackle on the ends to another strap this keeps you from damaging your expensive tow straps on the frame, used serpentine drive belts are FREE and disposable heck if it gets wedged on the frame just leave it lol A RV you would probably need to double up on the straps.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:54 pm 

nickRNR wrote:

Take a look at your setup on your duals. My inside duals are easy to air up, its the outside that's the pain in the ass because the vale stem points back towards the inside of the wheel.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm 

Randman wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

Take a look at your setup on your duals. My inside duals are easy to air up, its the outside that's the pain in the ass because the vale stem points back towards the inside of the wheel.

Rand

You just need the air chuck that has two ends on it like in the attached picture, the one I have stays with the RV I also have the tire gauge that has the same style end that is part of the RV kit.

Duals are a bitch when using just the regular tools.

Attachments:
duals.jpg
duals.jpg [ 8.6 KiB | Viewed 1250 times ]
dual ga.jpg
dual ga.jpg [ 2.12 KiB | Viewed 1250 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:34 pm 

Way ahead of you, I've got those already, still the outside dual is a pain in the ass to get to even with a valve extension on it. I'm going to have to hit up the local RV store to see what they have in stock. I went to the local tire dealer and they just kind of scratched their heads like the wheels were form some alien planet. :shock:

These are some strange rear duals. You ought to see the hubcap they have. A really large bowl with 2 fake nuts to hold them on.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:02 pm 

Randman wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

Rand

Yeah, same. The outer tire valve stem is hiding inside and facing the inside of the RV. Should try to track down another extender like you were talking about and make it easier to get to. Even with the tool that Hoser is talking about, it looks super hard to get to. Hopefully the plywood will work and I will only have to air down the front tires.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:21 pm 

Just hit the gas, head where you want to go and when you stop, that's camp :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 pm 

PilotLoG0403 wrote:

I can't count how many people I have seen do that!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 pm 

Randman wrote:
PilotLoG0403 wrote:

I can't count how many people I have seen do that!

Rand

I have seen plenty do that myself :-) Hell some have been family and friends, ha ha

-Jason

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:12 pm 

Yup I have seen it alot also. Those are the ones that pay me big bucks to pull them out :) I usually make 200-300 bucks while Im out there just pulling people out. I never ask for anything they just come with the cash I cant say no :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 pm 

We were out of beer one year and we kept drinking for the week because of pulling people out!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 am 

Yea, sometimes they pay pretty well. Watching all the idiots from camp gets pretty entertaining!!!

-Jason

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 am 

What will you be bringing with you Jason?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 am 

shoubadaba wrote:

I will be bringing more the likely just be bringing myself, my truck, and Pilot :-) unless a cousin wants to tag along. I will see....I still have to work on getting this Pilot jetted correctly. I have only had it out once since last July. I did put the second gasket on the reeds but have not ridden it since. I still might have to play with the jetting down there being not a complete stock machine....pipe, k&n, double intake hoses to airbox, reeds. I have a variety of jets.

-Jason

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 am 

PilotLoG0403 wrote:
Yea, sometimes they pay pretty well. Watching all the idiots from camp gets pretty entertaining!!!

-Jason

Entertaining was last June when Nickrnr, TurtleD and myself were sitting in camp next to a bunch of party animals and two girls came around to the side of their camp behind one of their pickup trucks (facing us) and then they just squatted and urinated!

And yes, the carpet matched the drapes on both!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 am 

PilotLoG0403 wrote:
shoubadaba wrote:

I will be bringing more the likely just be bringing myself, my truck, and Pilot :-) unless a cousin wants to tag along. I will see....I still have to work on getting this Pilot jetted correctly. I have only had it out once since last July. I did put the second gasket on the reeds but have not ridden it since. I still might have to play with the jetting down there being not a complete stock machine....pipe, k&n, double intake hoses to airbox, reeds. I have a variety of jets.

-Jason

Good starting point at sea level if you have stock porting and carb with those mods listed:
155 main
45 to 48 pilot jet
1&1/2 turns out on air/fuel screw
needle clip in the middle (if stock needle)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 pm 

Sounds good Nick!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:12 pm 

found some extenders...

http://www.easternmarine.com/airmax-fou ... ckets-aml1

http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Equipme ... nsions.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Milton-S4006-Valv ... B000COTXFM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L9 ... 3978TPDQ20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L9 ... VSXFKV2Y81

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:22 pm 

Going to have to get mine out of moth balls and check but I believe these are more of what we need for the outside dual.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/it ... ders/18398

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:59 pm 

PilotLoG0403 wrote:
shoubadaba wrote:

-Jason

I'd replace that K&N with a good 2 stage UNI foam filter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:04 pm 

Kuma wrote:
PilotLoG0403 wrote:
shoubadaba wrote:

-Jason

I'd replace that K&N with a good 2 stage UNI foam filter.

Are you going to try to make this trip?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm 

not sure, ask me in June :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next