Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:27 am 

stix wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
I might try to make this??? if I can crash on someones floor?
just depends on the weather and work schedule... I won't bring the toyhauler, but can throw the pilot on the back of the truck...

You can crash on the floor of my trailer, Ill have to get the Pilots out first :-) .

Pilot is sold, so I'm not making the trip! :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:35 am 

Congrates on your sale. Enjoy your golf and keep the cart out of the sand traps.

Richard.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:00 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Congrates on your sale. Enjoy your golf and keep the cart out of the sand traps.

Richard.

He still has the triple E and plenty of time to fix it :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:38 pm 

adnoh wrote:
http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_little_sahara_ok.htm" .".." ."..

Can not wait. Ahhhhhhh sand!
The way Stix and EZ drive they need all the room they can. No I have not forgot about the pole, I have an excuses it was dark.

On the link you gave,It says on the rules speed limit is 15 mph? wtf?
It says it twice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:04 pm 

redskinman wrote:
adnoh wrote:
http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_little_sahara_ok.htm" .".." ."..

Can not wait. Ahhhhhhh sand!
The way Stix and EZ drive they need all the room they can. No I have not forgot about the pole, I have an excuses it was dark.

On the link you gave,It says on the rules speed limit is 15 mph? wtf?
It says it twice

It sure does, dumb Okies!! that's for the campgound streets only, they only made that clear in one paragraph?? Actual dune riding its a free for all, no speed limits or CW/CCW driving. Ya just hav to watch the "other guys" for thier dumb ass driving!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:10 pm 

This snow we have coming better not stop us from going.. It is supposed to snow monday afternoon thru thursday.

I cannot believe all the crap I have to bring for the "Just in Case"... I am use to bringing 2 strokes, maybe I can cut back now that they both take oil free gas???

Cannot believe I am saying this but I have the Bug, needing a sand fix now that I am actually getting everything ready..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 pm 

No fun driving an RV in the snow, you got chains, how bout sleds??!! . Heres Waynokas weather forecast, looks like great riding weather conditions!! http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/W ... K0572:1:US

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:23 pm 

Im seriously starting to consider going to this,my boss saw me watching some youtube videos today of riding the dunes,he said you need to do that,I said can I have off till thurssday and he said yes,so that's one hurdle down.It would be unpaid thought,that sucks.Just don't know if I can physche myself up to make that 12 hr drive by myself.
Is anybody bringing their wife or girlfriends?
Do I need to make reservations or can I just show up?
Does campground have hookups or do I need a generator?
If I go I wouldn't get there till sunday night,then leave wed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:50 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Im seriously starting to consider going to this,my boss saw me watching some youtube videos today of riding the dunes,he said you need to do that,I said can I have off till thurssday and he said yes,so that's one hurdle down.It would be unpaid thought,that sucks.Just don't know if I can physche myself up to make that 12 hr drive by myself.

Sounds like a good way to soften the ol bossmann up to some offtime for dune ridin :-) I think mostly guys this ride, yea I know "sausage fest". No reservations needed, there should be plenty of room at North campground for all of us. RV 30 amp for sure maybe 50 not sure. Primitave shower and toilets on site if you don't like "Deeing up" in the trailer! Sunday thru wed would fit right in. Ill be there sat nite or sun afternoon and leaving wed. EZpilot and FL670 are makin the drive from Indiana and Nebraska so why not you too!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:58 pm 

I would take I35 to OKC then west on I40 to HWY 281(Watonga Exit) take 281 northwest all the way to Waynoka(Little Sahara State park). http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/hqdiv/p- ... pHiRes.pdf

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:00 pm 

stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Sounds like a good way to soften the ol bossmann up to some offtime for dune ridin :-) I think mostly guys this ride, yea I know "sausage fest". No reservations needed, there should be plenty of room at North campground for all of us. RV 30 amp for sure maybe 50 not sure. Primitave shower and toilets on site if you don't like "Deeing up" in the trailer! Sunday thru wed would fit right in. Ill be there sat nite or sun afternoon and leaving wed. EZpilot and FL670 are makin the drive from Indiana and Nebraska so why not you too!!

Well cool.If I come wife will be coming too{lol,that doesnt sound right :-) }
Theres a motorhome in that area I'd like to buy if its still available and I need someone to drive it back!
Its on Craigslist,no phone number,half the time I never hear back from people when I email them

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 pm 

stix wrote:
I would take I35 to OKC then west on I40 to HWY 281(Watonga Exit) take 281 northwest all the way to Waynoka(Little Sahara State park). http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/hqdiv/p- ... pHiRes.pdf" ."..

I did a mapquest,after taking I-45 for 250 miles then it tells me to take the route you suggested.I did it to Little Sahara state park,where is the north campgound located to the state park? Does it have a name?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:28 pm 

After you pass Seiling you will travel North roughly 30 miles, you will see the dunes on your left, the first entrance, on left, to Little Sahara will be clearly marked, that is the south campground, you will pass that entrance and continue for a couple miles, you will pass Little Sahara Sandsports or Powersports shop(on left) I believe the North entrance is just before the Little Sahara Inn or Trails Inn motel. You will take a left and follow the road, it winds for a few curves and dead ends into the North campground. This area is marked but I cant remember what is on the sign, Im thinking "Little Sahara".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 pm 

stix wrote:
After you pass Seiling you will travel North roughly 30 miles, you will see the dunes on your left, the first entrance, on left, to Little Sahara will be clearly marked, that is the south campground, you will pass that entrance and continue for a couple miles, you will pass Little Sahara Sandsports or Powersports shop(on left) I believe the North entrance is just before the Little Sahara Inn or Trails Inn motel. You will take a left and follow the road, it winds for a few curves and dead ends into the North campground. This area is marked but I cant remember what is on the sign, Im thinking "Little Sahara".

ok thanks
Heard back from the guy on motorhome very quick,sounds like scam but hes much more believeable than any other ones ive ever got! I emailed him back and said yes I want more info but no money will be changing hands till I see it in person,so I doubt I"ll here back from him.This is what he emailed me:

The motorhome is not sold yet. It is in a great condition. The Engine starts up perfectly and doesn't smoke or hesitate. Quiet exhaust. The transmission shifts smoothly, oil, exhaust system and brakes recently inspected , they are o.k i took good care of it changing oil every 3000 miles religiously.
The tires and brakes are good and the suspension is in excellent condition and has a very nice ride to it. All turn signal, brake, parking and reverse lights work correctly . The interior is in excellent condition. Carpeting and upholstery are in very good shape. There are no roof leaks of any kind, I reseal the roof every season as a precaution. Seats are the originals. The windows have been custom tinted all around which helps keep out the sun when down south and keeps it much cooler. The exterior is in good shape, no accidents or dents to speak of. The body is very solid. No delam. Side walls are strong. The roof is strong as well. All the appliances are in working condition. It has no unpleasant odors of any kind (i.e.; pet, smoke, musty, etc.). There is no water damage. It has a clear and clean title, free of all liens and encumberances (so the motorhome is ready for a quick and safe deal).
I have to let you know that i left town a few days ago because i have to help my daughter organize her wedding, and i may stay here for a while, but this is no problem because i`ll sell it through OJS services. I believe you know what OJS is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested so i can get back to you with additional pictures or details.
Thank you in advance!
Richard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 pm 

Everything sounded on the up and up until "I have to let you know that i left town a few days ago because i have to help my daughter organize her wedding, and i may stay here for a while, but this is no problem because i`ll sell it through OJS services...blah blah" Sounds like a scam. Is it a GREAT price? Man so many scams on Craigslist.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm 

I didnt even look up OJS services. A few years ago the same scenerio happened, found out the so called OJS services was a fake online escrow service, lol. If these idiots tried as hard to actually work for money as they do to to scam people they would probably be rich, lol!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:58 pm 

stix wrote:
Everything sounded on the up and up until "I have to let you know that i left town a few days ago because i have to help my daughter organize her wedding, and i may stay here for a while, but this is no problem because i`ll sell it through OJS services...blah blah" Sounds like a scam. Is it a GREAT price? Man so many scams on Craigslist.

Yeah it was a good price but not an unbelievable price that you could tell was a scam just by looking at it
I doubt I'll hear back from "Richard"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 pm 

Since you told him no money until you see vehicle, You just might not hear from him again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 pm 

If its not a scam I hope it works out for you , would be nice to get to hit the dunes and get a good deal on an RV the same trip.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:40 am 

only spot is South camp and I got the big spot should fit everybody. Camp is full both camps

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:54 am 

WOW... (both full on thursday evening...)

Glad you made it out thru the snow...

I bet the crowd clears out quickly come Sunday afternoon........

See ya bright and early Sunday Morning....

Later
Dennis

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:15 am 

Spcled1 wrote:
only spot is South camp and I got the big spot should fit everybody. Camp is full both camps

When are you leaving, I'll probably be in late Sat night, in reality sunday. North should be open by mid late afternoon Sunday. Look for a black Denali with 20ft black trailer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 am 

Man Im really dissapointed,just checked weather,50% chance of rain monday then a high of 52 tuesday!!
Im not gonna drive 12 hrs for that forecast,this sucks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:00 am 

Almost sounds like someone is trying to talk himself out of a dune trip maybe?........

Just remember, after it rains in the dunes, traction is great and no mud puddles to deal with! Also the other part of that 50% chance means it won't rain 50% of the time!

Some of the best times I have had on camping trips is sitting outside under the awning watching the rain come down and telling riding stories (telling lies ha ha)!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 am 

Randman wrote:
Almost sounds like someone is trying to talk himself out of a dune trip maybe?........

Just remember, after it rains in the dunes, traction is great and no mud puddles to deal with! Also the other part of that 50% chance means it won't rain 50% of the time!

Some of the best times I have had on camping trips is sitting outside under the awning watching the rain come down and telling riding stories (telling lies ha ha)!

Rand

Yeah I have talked myself out of it.Monday and tuesday would be the days I get to ride and with that forecast I just cant chance it.Im not well off enough to miss 3 days work unpaid,then spend probably at least 500 on gas food lodging etc for it to be cold and rainy,I would be way too pissed off.Im gonna have to try and make it another time :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next