Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 am 

I have to work saturday and its a 10-11 hr drive so that only gives me 2 days of riding{monday-tuesday}
So I think what im gonna try and do is leave sat nite after work and drive as far as I can and probably stop and spend the night in walmart parking lot somewhere.Im gonna have my generator in back of truck to plug into,don't know if walmarts ok with that or not.
Would there be any reason to bring my big red 3wheeler or would that just be a waste?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:40 pm 

redskinman wrote:
I have to work saturday and its a 10-11 hr drive so that only gives me 2 days of riding{monday-tuesday}
So I think what im gonna try and do is leave sat nite after work and drive as far as I can and probably stop and spend the night in walmart parking lot somewhere.Im gonna have my generator in back of truck to plug into,don't know if walmarts ok with that or not.
Would there be any reason to bring my big red 3wheeler or would that just be a waste?

Run my RV generator at walmart parking lots all the time never a complaint.

A spare ATV of any kind is better than nothing when everything else is broke :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:03 pm 

hoser wrote:
redskinman wrote:

A spare ATV of any kind is better than nothing when everything else is broke :shock:

Yes but is the generator enclosed in a rv? Mine will be in the bed of a pickup where the noise will be much greater
True that on the 3wheeler :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:33 pm 

redskinman wrote:
hoser wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Yes but is the generator enclosed in a rv? Mine will be in the bed of a pickup where the noise will be much greater

Mine is built into the RV and probably makes 1/2 the noise of a portable generator, I always park where nobody is around, if they pull up and park close to me too bad if they don't like the noise :-)

I would not worry about it run the generator, naturally if its next to a residential neighbor hood you will want to park as far away from them as possible.

Pretty sure people parking at walmart, truck stops, rest areas spending the night ("safety break" not camping lol) realize if they want quiet and privacy they need to go to a camp grounds.

What are you running on the generator?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:47 pm 

hoser wrote:
redskinman wrote:
hoser wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Mine is built into the RV and probably makes 1/2 the noise of a portable generator, I always park where nobody is around, if they pull up and park close to me too bad if they don't like the noise :-)

I would not worry about it run the generator, naturally if its next to a residential neighbor hood you will want to park as far away from them as possible.

Pretty sure people parking at walmart, truck stops, rest areas spending the night ("safety break" not camping lol) realize if they want quiet and privacy they need to go to a camp grounds.

What are you running on the generator?

All the power to my travel trailer.Im sure its going to be warm enough to run the a/c

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:43 pm 

Hope it stays this way.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 69.59 KiB | Viewed 663 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:35 pm 

I can live with that, Ive been out there when it was 90. It was a little warm but once you get moving and the air flows thru your helmet not so bad, its gets a little sweaty though. Forcast also shows some precip on the days prior so that outta give some traction in the thick sand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:12 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
Hope it stays this way.

That would be nice but that forecast is way too far in future,weatherman lucky to get the next day right :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:41 pm 

redskinman wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:
Hope it stays this way.

That would be nice but that forecast is way too far in future,weatherman lucky to get the next day right :shock:

Wish I had the luxury of getting it wrong half the time at my job...BTW I have your loaner front tires loaded so no backing out this time :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:33 am 

stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:
Hope it stays this way.

Wish I had the luxury of getting it wrong half the time at my job...BTW I have your loaner front tires loaded so no backing out this time :-)

Cool,thanks
Could you load up a spare Pilot too just in case I break mine? :shock: :-)
Also whos in for this trip? I see you and ez71

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:29 pm 

redskinman wrote:
stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:
Hope it stays this way.

Cool,thanks

Ha Ha, the way my luck has been going Ill be the one needing a spare ride :shock: DBloudharleys is tentatively going?? EZPilot and Adnoh are going. Not sure bout anyone else.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:05 am 

stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:
stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:
Hope it stays this way.

Cool,thanks

Ha Ha, the way my luck has been going Ill be the one needing a spare ride :shock: DBloudharleys is tentatively going?? EZPilot and Adnoh are going. Not sure bout anyone else.

Sorry for the run of bad luck,hope I don't catch it :-)
Just mapquested the trip,I see I'll be going right thru Moore Ok it looks like,not looking forward to seeing that devastation

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:11 pm 

hey guys, I'm not gona be able to make it, my work load will not allow me to take off. You all have fun and be safe.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:18 pm 

adnoh wrote:
hey guys, I'm not gona be able to make it, my work load will not allow me to take off. You all have fun and be safe.

What a bummer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:08 am 

adnoh wrote:

Really bummed to hear this, part of these trips is meeting up and catching up. I hope something gives and you can find a way to break away. I'm planning on being there thru wednesday. Ur gonna miss the Pink Pilot if you no show. That alone is worth the trip. I've got cash, lots of cash.........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:33 am 

ez71pilot wrote:
Hope it stays this way.

now its changed to 30% rain mon-wed
By sat nite it will change again,probably to 50 or 60% to make me worry about making the trip

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:51 pm 

adnoh wrote:

Business must be good, that's good to hear but not good to hear your not going. you will be there in spirit... The Great Adnoh ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:57 pm 

stix wrote:
adnoh wrote:

Business must be good, that's good to hear but not good to hear your not going. you will be there in spirit... The Great Adnoh ...

Stix,when you getting there?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:26 pm 

Probably Sunday around noon. We will be at the North campground. Its easy to find. When you come down 281 heading north approaching Waynoka, you will be able to see the sand dunes on your left just before you approach the "south" entrance, its clearly marked Little Sahara State park, from that entrance go 3.3 miles still heading north, there will be another small sign that I think reads Little Sahara, you turn left here, follow the road around (makes a few curves) and dead ends into the north campground. We can exchange cell phone numbers before the trip in case anybody gets lost...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:35 pm 

stix wrote:
Probably Sunday around noon. We will be at the North campground. Its easy to find. When you come down 281 heading north approaching Waynoka, you will be able to see the sand dunes on your left just before you approach the "south" entrance, its clearly marked Little Sahara State park, from that entrance go 3.3 miles still heading north, there will be another small sign that I think reads Little Sahara, you turn left here, follow the road around (makes a few curves) and dead ends into the north campground. We can exchange cell phone numbers before the trip in case anybody gets lost...

Sounds easy enough,i'll pm you my phone just in case.Im guessing i'll be there by 2, if I leave sat nite and don't have any problems.Towing 2 trailers that far anything can happen :-)
I should get 5 hrs of driving in sat nite and the other 5 or so sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:33 pm 

Hey guys I'm here
Stix the number you gave me for your wife dies not work
I'm at north campground
It's 130,I see no pilots anywhere
What does your truck and camper look like?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:29 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Hey guys I'm here
I'm at north campground

Subject: Little Sahara OK before it gets too hot June2-5

redskinman wrote:
Hey guys I'm here
I'm at north campground

So I found the guys
First trip out ez71 noticed steam coming from my radiator,we stopped and I was spouting antifreeze and my temp light was on.Then I noticed my gopro had broken off the mounting,what a great start!
Got back to camp,pulled shroud off radiator and noticed electrical connection was unplugged on radiator
Plugged it back on,radiator kicked on and I was good to go,disaster averted :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:17 pm 

Long drive but finally made it, the Pink Pilot made its maiden voyage onto the sand. Sunday was nice with the dunes clearing out, but not much wind and just a tad rough, but the weather was awesome. Mr. and Mrs Stix, me and Jen and George tooled around a bit knocking off the lack of sleep from the trip.

Jen wondered around looking for the hard to notice Pink Pilot.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 74.97 KiB | Viewed 556 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 65.3 KiB | Viewed 556 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 71.58 KiB | Viewed 556 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 56.68 KiB | Viewed 556 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm 

Well the trip was long but worth it.Stix and Ez71pilot were super nice guys and it was a pleasure to finally meet and ride with them.Dbloudharley showed up briefly one night for a little riding but left early the next day,good to meet him also.
Will try and get some video put together and post later,for now heres some pics

Attachments:
File comment: Stix and Db discussing who's rig is faster
ls.JPG
ls.JPG [ 132.8 KiB | Viewed 534 times ]
File comment: The lineup,Eric has some better pics Im sure he'll post when he gets home,where he's in the pic :)
ls4.JPG
ls4.JPG [ 110.82 KiB | Viewed 534 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:00 pm 

Thought I would give a quick ride report. Wifey and I showed up Saturday night at about 10:30 pm to the North campground. There were a few parking spaces left. Parked, hooked up the RV and hit the fartsack. Got up next morn about 8 and I was on the sand at 9:30. It was real choppy from the weekend, lots of hungover kids from the night before riding, agh well they will clear out by later today and they did. I ran the LT CR500 and later the wife ran the thousand dollar Pilot. At about mid morning EZ and GF show up about the same time Redskinman and wife showed up. Got to meet Redskin man for the first time and we shared some rocked out concert stories. Weather was about 70 in the morn getting to 82ish afternoon, The CR500 wanted less gas in mid throttle and top end, so I changed the 182 to a 180, still bogging at mid so I changed the 180 back to 182 and moved the jet needle clip up one position to middle position, there now she likes that! My plugs still looked tan at mid and wide open, Hmmm I want my plugs to be darker but when I adjust needle up or go up on main jet she wont clean out?? Well time to get some ride time in. All five of us took a ride, Redskins maiden voyage at Little Sahara, hes a natural making a nice long jump on video somewhere... I was able to open up the new CR500, Im used to pinning the throttle around Little Saharas bowls, I was finding my self letting off the throttle for fear of going over the bowl, o yea, i like the extra power, a BIG thanks to Adnoh for loaning me the clutch parts to make this ride possible for me, after some hard riding I looked back and saw Redskin and EZ hovering over a smoking Pilot, Redskins temp light was on and no fan with key on, rut roh, we limped back to camp, Redskin had it fixed in 5 minutes. So we went back out again, winds were about 10 to 15mph so not cleaning up the dunes well. DBHarley showed up that afternoon,and after some tooning , me and DB and Redskin went for a night ride, Oh shit I forgot DB's Fl350 not hitting top end so when I was leading back to camp I hit some big dunes, had to climb, Redskinman on my tail but DB had to go around, sorry bout that. We all met up at the camp. Db and I stayed up BSing till about 1 am. Next morning (Sunday), DB had to leave early. We hit the dunes and another good day of riding, wind picking up clearing up some of the chop, later that evening storms move in, Big storms bringing 70 to 90 MPH winds, Ill be damned the storm split right down the middle, half going to the south and half going to the north of us, leaving us with killer sand in the morning and a good lightning light show Sunday night. Im not sure but one day Redskinman shredded a belt, what the hell no one had and extra belt with them, sounds like my luck. Next day (Monday) riding was the "tits", if you will... Smooth and hard packed sand everywhere and almost had the dunes to ourselves, we tore it up. Next day Tuesday, it was warm and very muggy, Both my Pilots and Redskinmans engines were having trouble cleaning out, Im guessing the high humidity causing a rich mixture. It was great to meet George and his wife and Im glad Darrel showed up if only for a few rides. Only someone was not there???

Attachments:
File comment: EZ's rides
P1030893.JPG
P1030893.JPG [ 65.68 KiB | Viewed 519 times ]
File comment: Redskinmans shredded belt
P1030895.JPG
P1030895.JPG [ 80.32 KiB | Viewed 519 times ]
File comment: My rides
P1030896.JPG
P1030896.JPG [ 67 KiB | Viewed 519 times ]
P1030898.JPG
P1030898.JPG [ 80.03 KiB | Viewed 519 times ]