Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:21 pm 

Planning the next Dumont trip. I will be going up Friday Nov. 22nd after work and staying until Monday or Tuesday. Looking for area 9-D on the grid map, just like this last Dumont trip. Going to lick my wounds, do some repairs, and be ready for some good riding this trip! Any and all are welcome.

Attachments:
grid-map.jpg
grid-map.jpg [ 125.07 KiB | Viewed 1179 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:52 pm 

maybe,
I'm checking my options, that is the week of my next trip and it will either be Dumont or Glamis!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:55 pm 

b9 would be alot easer nto find it nite after a ride.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 pm 

Yeah the dust bowl Im tired of myself. I would like to camp somewhere other then in the middle of all the cross traffic of the area we were in. But Im not making this trip so for future reference I will be close to our old school original spot of A-10/B-10 Or even A-8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 pm 

halorising wrote:
b9 would be alot easer nto find it nite after a ride.

I never had a hard time finding camp at night. I hate camping between the razor backs. Too many kids going up and down the hills early morning and waking everyone up. Dust is worse in there too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:36 pm 

I've camped all over that place, down in the canyon F1, if it's a windy weekend it's good but along way over rocks to the dunes. I have camped with 4WD and tent on the dune at -D5 and -D6, pretty cool having a view of comp hill. A/B4 is good, right in front of the dunes, very close to riding out of camp, favorite spot to camp with the family is A7 against the finger, it's nice to be able to look at camp from the top of the dune.
I'll camp anywhere :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 pm 

Kuma wrote:
I've camped all over that place, down in the canyon F1, if it's a windy weekend it's good but along way over rocks to the dunes. I have camped with 4WD and tent on the dune at -D5 and -D6, pretty cool having a view of comp hill. A/B4 is good, right in front of the dunes, very close to riding out of camp, favorite spot to camp with the family is A7 against the finger, it's nice to be able to look at camp from the top of the dune.
I'll camp anywhere :-)

Thinking of making this trip? I talked to Toby and Westecbuilder, they are both concidering it. Pretty sure Halorising will not make it due to finally getting his knee surgery done. Shoubadaba is on the fence.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:30 pm 

Wish I could be there too. I remember that place was a mad house of people n cops the last Thanksgiving trip I made there...2004 or 2005. Have fun n post lots of pics n videos!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:47 pm 

Think I'm going to Glamis, everyone is more than welcome to join!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:22 pm 

Kuma wrote:
Think I'm going to Glamis, everyone is more than welcome to join!

I am going to try for Glamis for New Years. Will see.

2 weeks until this Dumont trip. Can't wait. Should be lots of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:57 am 

Sorry Nick, a BIG family Thanksgiving/ my aunt's 85th birthday bash is scheduled for that weekend. I might show up solo Sunday/Monday with just the pilot and my truck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:29 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
Pretty sure Halorising will not make it due to finally getting his knee surgery done. Shoubadaba is on the fence.

Chris, you've got to get your priorities straight, Easter is the time to get your surgery, after desert season is over, not at the start of the season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:28 pm 

westecbuilder wrote:
Sorry Nick, a BIG family Thanksgiving/ my aunt's 85th birthday bash is scheduled for that weekend. I might show up solo Sunday/Monday with just the pilot and my truck.

Show up Sunday solo with pilot and truck, you can crash with us in the RV. I promise I won't molest you...much :-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:28 pm 

Spooning is OK, anything more and you will need Vicki's permission! I'll lead, you can bring up the rear-with your Go-Pro. I'm referring to the pilot and your Revolt, although, even that statement does not clarify a NON-coitus mention.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:02 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
westecbuilder wrote:

Show up Sunday solo with pilot and truck, you can crash with us in the RV. I promise I won't molest you...much :-)

I would not trust him

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:45 am 

***UPDATE*** Going to camp closer to area 9-C. Going to move in closer to the face of that first razor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:37 pm 

Nick,
are you still planning to be there 'till Tuesday?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:33 pm 

Kuma wrote:
Nick,
are you still planning to be there 'till Tuesday?

Yeah. That is my goal. My wife wants to come home Monday, but I am talking her in to not having to walk home :-)

Checked the weather, looks really good. 20% chance of rain, which basically means some light mist at most. 60 degrees during the day, nice and chilly at night, so we will have a nice camp fire. I can remember this trip where it rained really hard in Baker and Tecopa (surrounding cities) and we didn't get a drop in Dumont, the dunes were empty! Sand was smooth, light breeze, clouds all around, and no rain but some freakin epic riding! Hope that is how it is for this trip!

Going to bring tarps just in case though LOL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:57 pm 

RAIN! 60% Friday, 30% Saturday, 20% Sunday, clear after that, looks like I will be heading out early Saturday morning. I think I need an enclosed trailer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:07 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
RAIN! 60% Friday, 30% Saturday, 20% Sunday, clear after that, looks like I will be heading out early Saturday morning. I think I need an enclosed trailer.

You need a toy hauler :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:17 pm 

hoser wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

You need a toy hauler :shock:

Got rid of mine. And my truck. I want an enclosed trailer behind my RV so I can put the buggys away and still have somewhere to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:57 am 

I'll be heading out Saturday morning, stay'n til Wednesday, 9C?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:48 am 

Kuma wrote:
I'll be heading out Saturday morning, stay'n til Wednesday, 9C?

Cool deal, sir! Yeah, 9-C. I would like to get about 100 yards or so close to the razor. Looks like it's a race for Saturday morning! Who will get there first? :-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:19 am 

Well its the end of the first day and it has been fun so far. Rolled in around 10:30am and got all set up. Rained the whole way here but no rain here at all. Had to bag up the air filters I think I need an enclosed for sure. Went on several fun rides. Jordan broke his street bike powered car unfortunately. So I took him for a ride in the rzr. Revolt is runnin good but front shocks are really low. Can't run heated in rv cause it smells like propane when it runs. Can't find leak. Sucks. Kuma broke the swing arm on his cannondale Honda cr500 hybrid quad. Tons of adventures. All in all having great time. If you didn't come and were there thinking about it you're missing out....Toby! PPP! Westecbuilder! Ha ha. More to come

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:23 am 

thanks have fun wish I was their