Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:35 pm 

I took my son to little sahara for a 3 day trip. It had just stopped pouring cats and piss just before we arrived saturday around 11 so sand was a little choppy but the weather was very cool. Sand was excellent for Sunday and Monday, nice and windy. Too bad I tore a CV boot Monday morning. THat sucked but was a good trip though... Sorry no real action pics too much fun riding :-) just some campsite photos. The last pic is of a toterhome with a triple axle toy hauler for DBloudHarleys enjoyment

Attachments:
P1040351.JPG
P1040351.JPG [ 84.88 KiB | Viewed 540 times ]
P1040350.JPG
P1040350.JPG [ 58.82 KiB | Viewed 540 times ]
P1040352.JPG
P1040352.JPG [ 49.33 KiB | Viewed 540 times ]
P1040353.JPG
P1040353.JPG [ 59.47 KiB | Viewed 540 times ]
P1040349.JPG
P1040349.JPG [ 56.16 KiB | Viewed 539 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:11 pm 

Excellent :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm 

Stix- first pic, pilot on the right, is that a Shoei dual sport helmet? Hornet? If so how do you like it for buggy riding?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:04 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Stix- first pic, pilot on the right, is that a Shoei dual sport helmet? Hornet? If so how do you like it for buggy riding?

Theyre both Fly Racing's dual sport helmets. We like them. This helmets face shield seals a little better than most. I wanted to try the dual sport helmet because my wife wears glasses and the goggles are a pain, i don't like goggles either and Ive tried several brands and types just couldnt find a pair I liked so I thought I would try the dual sport without eyewear.I don't wear goggles with it, if its extremely windy the sand will make its way into your eyes, but I found that with any helmet/eyewear and Ive tried several, so if the sands is kicking up ill use goggles.. Come to think of it now my wife never complains about sand eye boogers when wearing the Fly. The helmets lightweight but not the lightest on the market, has plenty of air vents, Ive rode in 90 plus degrees and sure I sweat in the helmet but not dripping down into my eyes. It is relatively inexpensive too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:10 pm 

Thanks dude. :-) I just looked that thing up, Pretty cool, I like it for a play helmet. You can use goggles with the shield up or down, that's slick! Thanks again, I didn't know they existed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:46 am 

what lights are those on the right fl? I see they are LEDs but are they some name brand or other? do you get plenty of light out front with them facing out?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:38 pm 

Yes sir Stix that is what I am talking about .
Glad you guys had fun. Going to buy one of speeds or maybe a couple intake gaskets to put the fl350 back together
recheck the pressure (test) and hopefully get it running right if I ever get it running right I am going to sell it and buy
another pilot . Then get the other one put back together and keep it. That is the plan for now.
Then hopefully buy the toter home we can load everything up and head out to glamis or out to see nukem if he'll have us
I would like to get out a little . I found a national sea breeze motorhome He said make him a offer I havent done it yet but
I thought about pulling the trigger on it it is a 98. He is local and a nice guy. So I am going to research what blue book is .
I would be more keen on going to the dunes or maybe murry if I had a place to get out of the the danged heat. lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:44 pm 

Kuma wrote:
what lights are those on the right fl? I see they are LEDs but are they some name brand or other? do you get plenty of light out front with them facing out?

They are just a knock off brand set I found on Ebay. They are USA made (supposedly). I use them for peripheral light and I have another LED light bar that mounts to the front bumper for light output directly in front of the Pilot. The combination was cheap and works very well but not as good as a one of those $700+ LED bars.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm 

dbloudharleys wrote:
Yes sir Stix that is what I am talking about .
Glad you guys had fun. Going to buy one of speeds or maybe a couple intake gaskets to put the fl350 back together
recheck the pressure (test) and hopefully get it running right if I ever get it running right I am going to sell it and buy
another pilot . Then get the other one put back together and keep it. That is the plan for now.
Then hopefully buy the toter home we can load everything up and head out to glamis or out to see nukem if he'll have us
I would like to get out a little . I found a national sea breeze motorhome He said make him a offer I havent done it yet but
I thought about pulling the trigger on it it is a 98. He is local and a nice guy. So I am going to research what blue book is .
I would be more keen on going to the dunes or maybe murry if I had a place to get out of the the danged heat. lol

Sounds like you have a good plan just time to put it into motion, cool... I wouldn't mind ridin dirty with the Kilpecker or St Anthony/St Joe guys but damn when you drive for a living its hard to get behind the wheel for that length of time on vacation time, especially when LS Ok is so close. Your gonna like the AC and full size bed in that RV

Profile E-mail