Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:48 am 

You know the running joke around here( being in kansas) is ok blows and kansas sucks. It's a wind joke but some have used it for other reasons. Kansas is real tuff on truck loads. I did some work for KHP and there truck enfocement division. Wow they like to get tuff on loads. I know theres a reason for it, safty being #1. LIke everything and everywhere else the ones trying to do right usally end up being the one paying for it. By the way why work for money, that's what credit cards are for. Just kidding. Be safe and happy PPEing. I think a little dirt gives street credit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:06 am 

adnoh wrote:
You know the running joke around here( being in kansas) is ok blows and kansas sucks. It's a wind joke but some have used it for other reasons. Kansas is real tuff on truck loads. I did some work for KHP and there truck enfocement division. Wow they like to get tuff on loads. I know theres a reason for it, safty being #1. LIke everything and everywhere else the ones trying to do right usally end up being the one paying for it. By the way why work for money, that's what credit cards are for. Just kidding. Be safe and happy PPEing. I think a little dirt gives street credit.

The wind sux in OK and KS, many times I have driven on 35 to LS and held the petal to the metal for hours on end just to keep my RV to 55-60 mph...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:28 am 

The reason Texas hasn't fallen off into the Gulf of Mexico... Oklahoma sucks... LOL
Sorry Okies had to do it!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:44 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
The reason Texas hasn't fallen off into the Gulf of Mexico... Oklahoma sucks... LOL
Sorry Okies had to do it!!!

haha :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 pm 

Turbo you wernt hauling a load in michigan where ya.I heard the was a purple truck with yellow bumper hauling a man in wheel chair around on his front bumber I only kid because no one got hurt. The poor trucker never even seen the guy. I bet he feels real bad. I bet when you do make it to LS I'll pay for that one. By the way I got a bump on my nose being stupid. I guess I also need the duck and not the kind that you play with in the tub. Eddie and Ted supplied the band aids. It pays not to over jump the down hill side and land on the flat. No wreck but hard hit. Thank god I had my stadium shocks on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:26 pm 

Adnoh, how is your snout doing anyway?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:37 am 

Why would I go to Michigan??? LOL I guess some guy in a wheel chair pulled out in front of a big truck!!! Cars do it all day long, but never had a wheelchair...
True story... 20 years ago I was in the San Antonio Airport with a friend, heard a schrill scream behind me and I turned around and saw a lady rolling down a long ramp in a wheelchair!!! Always one to be quick on my feet I took twoo steps and grabbed the wheelchair by the push handles and stopped the wheelchair!!! Well I was drunk in class when they were teaching us about inertia and gravity... Well imagine my shock as I am holding the handles to this poor lady's wheelchair when she goes flying forward thru the air and suddenly not walking but running
try to remember I said I was always quick on my feet and it ends there!!!
DOH!!! Lucky for me she was just a maintenance worker who was "playing around" and was pushed down the ramp by her co-workers...
I had a God complex for several seconds... Thought I had "healed her"!!!

adnoh wrote:
Turbo you wernt hauling a load in michigan where ya.I heard the was a purple truck with yellow bumper hauling a man in wheel chair around on his front bumber I only kid because no one got hurt. The poor trucker never even seen the guy. I bet he feels real bad. I bet when you do make it to LS I'll pay for that one. By the way I got a bump on my nose being stupid. I guess I also need the duck and not the kind that you play with in the tub. Eddie and Ted supplied the band aids. It pays not to over jump the down hill side and land on the flat. No wreck but hard hit. Thank god I had my stadium shocks on.

WoW I hope someday I can afford two sets of Shocks!!! LOL I hope the band-aids help!!! I am so handsome and all that's why I like to follow... I don't need any more scars!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:52 am 

Ted, The nose started to swell on the way home and by morning it looked like jimmy deranty. I for sure thought I did break it. I told the guys at work I tangled with a Taz and couple of Tigers and got a wrap on the nose when I got to close. They asked what zoo ( zoo reference, turbo was back in vegas) and I said vegas zoo. They diddn't buy it. Scott my friend had already beat me to to punch and told the story, it was around the supplie houses and field site before I got to work. Darn I thought I was hoping for an all day five part story. No such luck. By tuesday the swelling went a way, no brusing just looked like I had cought that cat( two scratches on nose). I got close last night, chezze got a dakart and it modavated me to keep trying. The wife didn't even buy the I need a new helmet story. She knows me to well. I told her I had to teach those kids a leason and defend my frieds honor. She said whats his nose look like. I quiet there before I got in so deep there was no recovery. Those same kids now listen when I speak tho. I ask them to get there trash out of my back seat and they did. Turbo, At least you made to class. It does feel good when you do something good like save a business owner a work comp claim. When she stood up did you start a church or try to walk on water. You know there are two type of people when it comes to situition like that. Those who react and those who do nothing. It's nice to know If around theres someone there to have my back. I tend to do dump stuff every once and while.By the way two sets heck, I have three. I geraing up for the PPE show down at LS when somebody, not mentioning names, get his long travle on. Yea that yellow paint wont wear well on the rear of my red pilot. A push every once and while never hurt anybody. I am working on a set up for chasing the dakarts. It envolves geomerty so study up and I will shrare with you. It will help on closing speed because there is no way to catch them in the straights. Drakman set up for top outs to the left then right. So if you can start right they aim at top out you close on him whlie hise roosting left. Youll will eat sand but it will shave some time. He also sets up a straight pull down shifting to second when toping out for third and fouth pull on a arc to to the next rollor. Go into you roller hot and square up. This will take a clutch adjustment to get the clutch to up shift quicker holding rpm thru the roller. Man I hadn't that much fun In a long while. You can only chase quads so long before a guy gets boared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:11 am 

By the way turbo, geomerty is a type of math not a modified geo motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in a dakart. just kidding. Like I said at least you went to class. I got you something for your dash board of you truck to look at while driveing you'll just need to paint it. I went to a flee market the other day and just cound,nt pass it up. Ted had ask sure its stock. Got me thinking. Maybe there a need for classafaction for odysee and pilots. stcok= stock, street stock= bolt ons( clutch,pipe reed air ect.), super stock= bolt ons,Engine work and shocks, modified= major Engine,bolts on and long travle, ect. What's your thoughts. Maybe "H" can start a new page listing definetion. I know there times we post words that may make no since to the beginners,novices and other alike. Maybe this will help them relate to the board better when posting questions and understanding just what the heck is weretrying to say . If he does we can sumit a word with defenation he can edit and become "pilot law". IS it stock? whats stock. Does it have an after market clucth After maarkrt clutch= hrd,alt and the others using discription for identafaction. Comentary please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:17 am 

Once we get the suspensions all set up, the Black Cats will be harder to catch. Who knows, maybe the Taz won't even get lost when it is leading.

Mine is working a lot better than Ted's, but it could still be better, next step is slightly softer springs, and maybe one more re-valving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:41 am 

Great, just when I started to get a handle on the tigers. It's like they say you just can't tame a tiger, Ask that guy in vegas there got attaked. I guess adnoh's pilot is next. I'll be sure to bring paint, bandaids and extra pilot. "H" had posted a gas adjustment does nothing with a valve adjustment. Will get the dakarts guy response to that so I can either scratch it from the note book or try to get "H" to help walk me through it. I do belive the pilot need a pass button like indy when chasing the darkarts, aka Nitrious. Then just maybe my super stock pilot can have a chance or I could just place trees in the right place for drakman to slow him up a little. What about it "H" any chasing tips for adnoh, throw me a bone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:49 am 

adnoh wrote:
Great, just when I started to get a handle on the tigers. It's like they say you just can't tame a tiger, Ask that guy in vegas there got attaked. I guess adnoh's pilot is next. I'll be sure to bring paint, bandaids and extra pilot. "H" had posted a gas adjustment does nothing with a valve adjustment. Will get the dakarts guy response to that so I can either scratch it from the note book or try to get "H" to help walk me through it. I do belive the pilot need a pass button like indy when chasing the darkarts, aka Nitrious. Then just maybe my super stock pilot can have a chance or I could just place trees in the right place for drakman to slow him up a little. What about it "H" any chasing tips for adnoh, throw me a bone.

I don't think you need much help, other than Dennis' 670, yours is the fastest Pilot I have ever seen. I pretty much consider it a wolf in sheep's clothing, also, the driver is really good.

This Tiger does seem to have a problem with trees and blind downhills, got any remedies for that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:03 pm 

Thank's. I quess the sleppers out. just kidding so much for luring in the PPE's of turbo's for a showdown in the sand. The offer is still on the table for head removal. Lets see. Close eyes, WOT (Wide Open Throttle) and plenty of band aids,spare parts and good insurance. Ted was wondering if how I keep from recking at that speed. Does it seem reckless and maybe I need to be toned down a little. You guy have better view than me and comment is always welcome good, bad or otherwise. I want to have fun and enjoy the sand. You get any faster and I be eating a lot more sand and more sever injury than a bump on the nose. I'am going to start a new Engine and clutch configuration for chasing the dakarts it will be really pipy I hope I can get don to build pipe and harold to help on the clutch set up. The quad chaser wont do the job. I see why "H" put in a 440. Thanks for the good time and hope to chase ya again soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:11 pm 

By the way drakman I figured out you break check rethom. At trail head heading for the flat you take the steppest rollor and slowing down to see if any one is comming( aka, break check) setting up for flat run. I call that the ROOSTER BOOSTER. I now look for that (aka, face full of sand) when you take the steep roller instead of the flat I check mirros and blind spot and pull to the flat. I did notice ted was usally to my right coming into the left hander rooost boooster. I think he was setting up to square me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:04 pm 

I like the idea of definitions...HOSER, what say thee? We can even make up some of our own vocab...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:20 pm 

tedpilot wrote:
I like the idea of definitions...HOSER, what say thee? We can even make up some of our own vocab...

Spent no money

Spent a little bit of money...

spent alot of money...

spent way too much money!!!

LOL :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:48 pm 

Lets see Turbo. No money, found 350 osysse in farm garage. little money, bought tires and cans of spray paint ( yellow and purple). Lot of money, long travle and turbo fan and tetness shot for chasing tiger in the jungle. Too much money spent all above, and then relized if you cant beat them goin them ( new tiger). In my case, beat up pilot, major rework, shocks clutches and project bike. Oh ya feed the new cat ( lucy) and a little more quack, quack( aka: crash, bang, boom) insurance. Come on "H" ,CW, Baz,Ted, Drak,and others get in there before all the good one are taken. I know "H" and drakman as bought pleaty of machines And where the heck is Toy man, He need a asy after all he is the TOYMAN. All work and no play makes toyman a duel boy. No work and all play makes for a poor Andoh. I still think a cartoon called "go turbo go" would be cool. Based off of the travling odysse in a peterbuilt, He has the caracter for it. or maybe the pilots being whyllie coyote and the tigers being road runner. BEEP BEEP! Turbo ever watch the movie DUEL it's an oldie. When I seen it it reminded me of you a peterbuilt, lot of following and even has a turbo fan( seen it at the end of the movie running) but no GPS, has dennis weaver and is based I do believe in arizona, hey that your route isn't it. Are you a second or third generation driver?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:11 pm 

So Adnoh....you joining the four-stroke revolution or what?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:06 pm 

I took on another building for the dakart fund. The wife thinks see getting a new house. She just don't know it may be in Wanoka. I hope Turbo will beat on me a little for thinking of buying a darkart and not keeping up the faith with the pilot. For know the pilot is my machine of choice however I have been liooking over the strret bike while driveing paying attention the there torgue of the line. I'am always up for an uprising ever once in a why just to keep things in check. If I do go fourstroke, I will sure miss that two stroke singing and will have to lean the four stroke way of life. Untill that time I will hope that the darkarts will continue to improve( making adjustment and enhace performance) making us ody and pilot guy keep working. The smile on face after a good ride is worth ever penny,OOPS! every dollor. You know my jaw hurt every time I come home for a couple of days caused by shear enjoyment. I thank you guys for that. The sand sandwiches and desert aint bad eather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:23 pm 

here is a video from youtube of the place in vegas... not mine though... I need to find a wife like this!!! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mrCct1P94w

Profile E-mail