Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walden
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:08 pm 

Pics by Nukem!

I am uploading for him I will let him tell the story.

Attachments:
walden.JPG
walden.JPG [ 108.2 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]
walden1.JPG
walden1.JPG [ 80.25 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]
walden2.JPG
walden2.JPG [ 110.75 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]
walden3.JPG
walden3.JPG [ 63.37 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]
walden4.JPG
walden4.JPG [ 87.88 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]
walden5.JPG
walden5.JPG [ 99.09 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]
walden6.JPG
walden6.JPG [ 107.42 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]
walden7.JPG
walden7.JPG [ 137.1 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]
walden8.JPG
walden8.JPG [ 78.46 KiB | Viewed 1095 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:14 pm 

Just some pics I took while up at Walden Colorado a couple of weekends back with Jerry(Drakman), Eddy (SPCLED1), Eddy's boys and a few other friends. My son ran my old 350 around while I ran around on the trike. Eddy had alot of jetting trouble with the LT 500 Pilot but most people do at 8500 ft! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:22 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
Just some pics I took while up at Walden Colorado a couple of weekends back with Jerry(Drakman), Eddy (SPCLED1), Eddy's boys and a few other friends. My son ran my old 350 around while I ran around on the trike. Eddy had alot of jetting trouble with the LT 500 Pilot but most people do at 8500 ft! LOL

Ok what about the nitros?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:20 pm 

:-) I do not know what you are talking about?????? LOL

I was just sizing up places to put it and that looks to be the best. It is going into the 420, just incase I need that little bit more for those peskey Draks. That should get Jerry to speak up! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:30 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:

I was just sizing up places to put it and that looks to be the best. It is going into the 420, just incase I need that little bit more for those peskey Draks. That should get Jerry to speak up! LOL

OK, that sounded like a challenge, so let's race!

Hoser and I found the perfect track when we were out at Glamis early this year. It goes from Gecko Road to Gordon's Wells, it is about 10 miles or so long. The winner will be the first one to complete a round trip. You can have whatever pit stops or refuel stops you feel you need. If I go flat out, I will not make a round trip with out some gas, if I go slow and stay back with you, I can make it round trip without a problem. Bet is $100.00 and bragging rights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:24 pm 

I knew that would work! LOL Sounds like a good race to me, but after I get my own Drak. I'll end up on my roof again in a 350..., but that never stopped me before huh? LOL

Attachments:
roll over 007.jpg
roll over 007.jpg [ 50.61 KiB | Viewed 1034 times ]
roll over 004.jpg
roll over 004.jpg [ 47.11 KiB | Viewed 1034 times ]
roll over 009.jpg
roll over 009.jpg [ 46.61 KiB | Viewed 1034 times ]
roll over 010.jpg
roll over 010.jpg [ 53.61 KiB | Viewed 1034 times ]
jump7.jpg
jump7.jpg [ 16.18 KiB | Viewed 1034 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:35 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
I knew that would work! LOL Sounds like a good race to me, but after I get my own Drak. I'll end up on my roof again in a 350..., but that never stopped me before huh? LOL

That one Ike has would make a good race, it was built to run.

I will be there over Halloween, remember I said first one to finish a round trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:29 am 

Drakman wrote:
Nuke Em wrote:

OK, that sounded like a challenge, so let's race!

Hoser and I found the perfect track when we were out at Glamis early this year. It goes from Gecko Road to Gordon's Wells, it is about 10 miles or so long. The winner will be the first one to complete a round trip. You can have whatever pit stops or refuel stops you feel you need. If I go flat out, I will not make a round trip with out some gas, if I go slow and stay back with you, I can make it round trip without a problem. Bet is $100.00 and bragging rights.

24 miles not 10, you towed me back 14 miles

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:08 am 

Nuke Em wrote:

You install it their so you can take a hit off the bottle without having to unstrap and get out? hehe :shock:

Think again about placement... if that bottle was their what part of your body would have hit the bottle when you rolled at Dumont? That crash has me reevaluating my Pilot and all its mods after seeing what inertia did to your radiator.

How is the 420 everything that was bent is now straight , cylinder sleeved or you just running as is(I lost track), O ring problems solved? If its eating O rings still I would go for a better studs those have to be stretching enough to let the O ring see the flame for it to burn or the deck and the head is not flat, remember them studs are elastic and will stretch then return when not under load, you see any seepage around the base of the cylinder or those studs holding? Modified Polaris 400 quads had head and cylinder problems that why they made that after market girdle to hold them in place maybe the 420 needs the same, I think that head gasket problem has been going on before you and that's why its on its last bore, they never fixed the problem and kept feeding it pistons I doubt someone wore out all them bores..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:50 am 

24 miles not 10, you towed me back 14 miles[/quote]

Yes, you are right, that was a true 'sand hiway'!

Now I am certain I can beat 'roll em' regardless of what he is riding since he will need time to put it back on it's wheels at least a couple of times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:16 pm 

Nuke em...
You are famous...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1meoNK2m3Rc

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:58 pm 

:shock: Wonder who posted that up? It wasn't me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:47 pm 

Is it an open invatatin to the DRAK 24 or is there a qualifier's, I enjoy a sand sandwich. If so what the date I'll see If I can get ready in time. If not I'll supply the refreshments and tow vehicle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:52 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Is it an open invatatin to the DRAK 24 or is there a qualifier's, I enjoy a sand sandwich. If so what the date I'll see If I can get ready in time. If not I'll supply the refreshments and tow vehicle

Ted and I are heading out to Glamis (actually La Quinta with the wives, Glamis will be a side trip) the week of Halloween. There is supposed to be a big gathering of Drakarts the weekend of 27-28th. There are sure to be some really fast machines and drivers out there that will make us look slow. Alain is known to race the big blown V-8 cars with his Tornado, with him and others, this should be a sight to behold. After we booked La Quinta, we found out that Halloween is one of the four busiest weeks at Glamis, so, there is likely going to be 50 to 100 thousand people out there.

Eddy and I have been talking about the new place in Syracuse, Kansas and Little Sahara, Oklahoma the third week of September. Gather mid week and ride thru the weekend. In addition to the Tazcar, he now has a long travel Pilot with a 500 in it. With those two machines, he is the one to beat, or watch if you can't catch him. I don't know for sure, but Garrett with the 660 turbo Drak may also be there.