Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:18 pm 

Went to Glen Helen today to check out this month's race. Below is a schedule of the races. Entry fee is $100. All vehicles must...
have window nets
have up to date safety harness
drivers must have 1 piece fire suit
I believe those are the only guidelines. Today there were 3 buggies total. A revolt, a CR500 pilot, and a Briggsbuilt car! Kinda cool, I have never seen one in person. It was powered by a fl350 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). It was a shame, the guy blew the top end on the first race. When he pulled the cylinder off, I snuck a peek, no holes drilled into the piston (weisco), and the exhaust bridge was not releived.
Anyway, schedule and pics below. I will look for a webiste also for additional info.
March 21st (today)
June 13th
July 18th
August 29th
October 10th
November 14th

Attachments:
File comment: Briggsbuilt
briggs1.JPG
briggs1.JPG [ 293.05 KiB | Viewed 4056 times ]
briggs2.JPG
briggs2.JPG [ 267.33 KiB | Viewed 4057 times ]
briggs3.JPG
briggs3.JPG [ 296.1 KiB | Viewed 4055 times ]
briggs4.JPG
briggs4.JPG [ 302.29 KiB | Viewed 4055 times ]
briggs5.JPG
briggs5.JPG [ 271 KiB | Viewed 4056 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:20 pm 

more

Attachments:
briggs6.JPG
briggs6.JPG [ 171.67 KiB | Viewed 4055 times ]
briggs n pilot.JPG
briggs n pilot.JPG [ 188.15 KiB | Viewed 4055 times ]
briggs n pilot2.JPG
briggs n pilot2.JPG [ 200.7 KiB | Viewed 4056 times ]
revolt.JPG
revolt.JPG [ 168.74 KiB | Viewed 4056 times ]
revolt n briggs.JPG
revolt n briggs.JPG [ 166.31 KiB | Viewed 4055 times ]
revolt n pilot.JPG
revolt n pilot.JPG [ 157.09 KiB | Viewed 4055 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:23 pm 

You tell the racers about this site?

I would like to see more pics of the briggs Engine.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:31 pm 

So how did the Revolt fair in all of this? I wonder how it did performance wise with the briggs and 500 pilot???

More info please.

Tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:56 pm 

The revolt was actually the fastest of all three, but the guy was not pushing it hard. If you can see it, he has a handicapped symbol on the front right under the fender. He is quadrapalegic (spelling?) and the guy driving the pilot is parapalegic. The controls for the revolt looked kinda hard to use. He has a throttle and brake lever for one hand, and he used his other hand to steer with a ball mounted on the wheel. I would have thought he would just put in a pilot wheel, but maybe he didn't have the resources to. Off the line, the first straight away, the revolt would be way out in front, but he would eventually drive slower, probably due to the strange controls.

I don't have any more shots of the briggs motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), i just saw it had a rand water cooled head and the upper half of the cylinder was boxed in for a water jacket. It also did not have a pull starter either. I could not tell if it had the total loss charging/ignition system or not. Out of the 3 cars, it was actually the slowest in a straight line race, but during the first race he had a 15 second lead on the cr500 pilot before he blew his top end. Guess driving skill and a better built vehicle made up for less power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:39 am 

I bet that was Jerry Beyerman (c5racer) in the revolt! I think he is sponsored by revolt somehow! I met him last Summer/fall in Barstow He is a GREAT guy! Whole family stand up people! I remember the car he sold to blue coyote!
If I can ever get some money saved up I plan on taking the toyhauler out west for a few weeks to play!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:56 am 

The guy in the pilot is named Dan,he also races the black and orange drakart in the same class.He is a great guy and can drive very well.How did everyone do on the double,were they all clearing it or were they rolling them?I wish it wasn't 7-8 hours away,I haven't raced that course yet.I'm looking for a long travel kit for my pilot right now,I know Yoda has one but he said there was something with the new shocks that he wants to check out before he builds anymore.There is also a guy over by placerville,sac area that builds nice kits.I like the atvr kit but I think they ask way to much money for what they have,nice kit but not that great.What is it something like 3000 if you have them do it,not for me.I also heard that the honda trx 450's plus 2 a-arms will work,any of you heard anything about that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:15 pm 

I actually took some video on my old digital camera. the quality sucks, but you get the idea. you can see Dan taking the doubles in the first vid. all 3 cars were doubling, depending on how good they got lined up and their speed, every now and then they rolled through them. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSizqQykfZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtPLmFfT9wU&NR=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:25 am 

Hoser... Jerry, the guy driving the Revolt, has been having trouble creating a PO account. Maybe you can contact him and get him setup? His email address is: xmotorcr@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:59 am 

So we have almost 3 months til the next race. I'll be ready by then to race can anybody else race at the june race? Its only 100 bucks but you get 2 practice rounds 2 race rounds and practice after racing is over. You also can camp overnite. We should try to get 10 cars out there. If anyone wants to loadup there buggy and drive down friday night I'll have my toyhauler set-up if they want to travel light they can crash in my trailer. I really want to run with lots of cars so load up and come out and race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:19 am 

I'm going to try and make it by then,I have to get a new race harness and new battery for my pilot but should be no problem.I have a 440 sled Engine but might send my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) off to cw racing instead,trying to decide?But I will try and make the next race in june....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:06 am 

SICKSAND wrote:
I'm going to try and make it by then,I have to get a new race harness and new battery for my pilot but should be no problem.I have a 440 sled Engine but might send my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) off to cw racing instead,trying to decide?But I will try and make the next race in june....

CW Racing still in business?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 am 

Yes his name is Chris and He does some nice work.Very fast when he is done with it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:37 pm 

I have a kawasaki 440 in my EEE stadium lite, going to take it out tomorrow (wednesday) for the first time and get the jetting dialed in. i am running dual 38mm mikuni round slides. hopefully it wont be too much of a PITA trying to dial in 2 carbs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:33 pm 

Let me know because I was told that mine was a race Engine with approx.100 hp.That is a hell of alot better then my stock piulot Engine,lol.My concearn will be the pipe clearence so that it doesn't hit the back of my seat.Keep me posted....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:26 am 

nickRNR wrote:
The revolt was actually the fastest of all three, but the guy was not pushing it hard. If you can see it, he has a handicapped symbol on the front right under the fender. He is quadrapalegic (spelling?) and the guy driving the pilot is parapalegic. The controls for the revolt looked kinda hard to use. He has a throttle and brake lever for one hand, and he used his other hand to steer with a ball mounted on the wheel. I would have thought he would just put in a pilot wheel, but maybe he didn't have the resources to. Off the line, the first straight away, the revolt would be way out in front, but he would eventually drive slower, probably due to the strange controls.

I don't have any more shots of the briggs motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), i just saw it had a rand water cooled head and the upper half of the cylinder was boxed in for a water jacket. It also did not have a pull starter either. I could not tell if it had the total loss charging/ignition system or not. Out of the 3 cars, it was actually the slowest in a straight line race, but during the first race he had a 15 second lead on the cr500 pilot before he blew his top end. Guess driving skill and a better built vehicle made up for less power.

well thanks for saying my revolt was the fastest. i know i wasn't pushing real hard but come on i've only driven 8 times since my accident in 2004 and all 8 have been in the revolt, i don't even drive a car on the street. 3 of the 8 times have been races and due to the dependability of the revolt i've got two 2nd places at glen helen and i won the soboba gp along with $1000. at the 1st glen helen race i only jump the start/finish line jump this last race i jumped everything including the double double that took out your buddies pilot. the reason i use the push/pull lever for my gas/brake is because i have NO finger movement so i can't use a standard pilot wheel. right now i'm having a issue with my front end pushing because i moved my fuel tank above the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and i need to add weight to the front end. i plan to have that fixed by the june 13th race.

heres a link to the mods i've done to the revolt http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/ ... lt%20mods/

now the reason the briggs car had the 15 sec lead on the pilot was because he didn't jump the doubles as soon as he did that he started loosing his lead and as soon as dan was going to catch him the briggs car broke.

so lets get more cars out there for the next race i'll be there trying to keep my points lead i have now thanks to my reliable revolt.

thanks to my sponsors redline, mta west, possAbilities, and Fword industries

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:41 am 

Oh yeah man, yours was the fastest by far, you had at least 3 or 4 buggy lengths by the end of the straight. That is awesome that you are in a car that is dependable and you are able to work with. Short course racing must be tough for someone in your situation, MAD PROPS dude! I did notice that the guy in the briggs car was doubling right away, guess he found a good line in practice and hit it during the race. I am not sure if I would push my car that hard that fast either though.
As for the push in the steering, they all have that issue. You may want to play with your rear toe/camber (if you havent already, will check out your mods and find out...) I rented a revolt down in glamis at new years and it didnt steer for beans either.
I am taking my EEE car out this weekend to dial it in (somewhat anyway) and will go from there. I think I need different rear shocks before I can race it, though. It has some pep boys truck air shocks!!!! I don't trust them at all!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:50 pm 

Thanks wuhuilin, that was a nice little read I wouldn't have seen if it weren't dug up by some dirt bag spammer or are you a spambot?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:16 pm 

Robby Gordon is having the SST trucks down there in September I think.

Profile E-mail