Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1.59 firesuit!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:59 pm 

1.59 firesuit!

Attachments:
foil.jpg
foil.jpg [ 48.94 KiB | Viewed 411 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:51 am 

Guys, I found a great fire extinguisher mount.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT" ."..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:50 am 

Race day baby!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:53 am 

mikey4321 wrote:
Race day baby!!!!

Are you racing??? track conditions updates pictures???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:53 pm 

Here is the Trackside point of view on the GA GNCC.

Weather was great! Track conditions could not have been better. Little to no dust, just the right amount of mud to separate the good racers from the bad. This was THE best GNCC track yet. The course was not too tight and not too open. There were tons of places to make fair passes.

At the starting line, they did not check for Fire Suit or Extinguisher. But they did make us go through two poles to check our width.

The START came too quick for most of the pack. I think about half the guys were sleeping when the Starter's flag flew in the air. For the first time, I was able to get the jump on Mikey and Hare into turn one and ended up being the first into the woods. Behind me was Hare then Mike but they overshot the first turn. That made Terry and Abby in 2nd and 3rd into the woods, somewhere behind them were Hare, Mikey and Guy fighting it out. I was quickly working on building a lead now, Terry gets cross-rutted and ends up sideways at the entrance to the woods. This blocks the pack until Guy, Mike and Hare go around. Abby then waits for Terry to straighten out and they bring up the rear.

It was no looking back for me then. I stayed in the front while the battling was out of control for second place behind me. I know the other guys have a lot of good footage and stories and excuses, so I will wait to hear about them. They will be much better to read than this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:01 pm 

Trackside wrote:
Here is the Trackside point of view on the GA GNCC.

Weather was great! Track conditions could not have been better. Little to no dust, just the right amount of mud to separate the good racers from the bad. This was THE best GNCC track yet. The course was not too tight and not too open. There were tons of places to make fair passes.

At the starting line, they did not check for Fire Suit or Extinguisher. But they did make us go through two poles to check our width.

The START came too quick for most of the pack. I think about half the guys were sleeping when the Starter's flag flew in the air. For the first time, I was able to get the jump on Mikey and Hare into turn one and ended up being the first into the woods. Behind me was Hare then Mike but they overshot the first turn. That made Terry and Abby in 2nd and 3rd into the woods, somewhere behind them were Hare, Mikey and Guy fighting it out. I was quickly working on building a lead now, Terry gets cross-rutted and ends up sideways at the entrance to the woods. This blocks the pack until Guy, Mike and Hare go around. Abby then waits for Terry to straighten out and they bring up the rear.

It was no looking back for me then. I stayed in the front while the battling was out of control for second place behind me. I know the other guys have a lot of good footage and stories and excuses, so I will wait to hear about them. They will be much better to read than this.

"excuses" LMAO

Congratulations on the attendance and the first place win! :-)

No pit or campfire stories?

Talked to Hare in the chat a while ago today for a little bit he told me about his Engine poofkaboom we had discussed him pulling the Engine and sending to me to be freshen up and inspected weeks before this race but he has been super busy with work, I think most know that drill work comes before toys especially when you own your own business, I wish now I would have pushed him into sending BEFORE the race not after :shock: next time he mentions doing a CSI on his Engine I will force him into sending, he knew it needed attention months ago DOH! REPLACE THAT POS clutch HARE!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 pm 

What are they using for a width spec? Hopefully not a stock pilot width.. That would put stadium lites and or a yoda equipped pilot out of compliance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 pm 

From the rules:

1. Machine Width can be a maximum 60 inches.

There are many parts of the course where they go through trees exactly 60" apart, so it is fairly important vehicles meet this spec. My buggy measures about 61" wide and it is a tight squeeze on the trail. GNCC races are really not well suited to Stadium Lites anyway, but it depends on the track conditions. Yoda Pilots are good to go.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:20 pm 

lets see some video!!!

it was a great track, might be a while before i get a full report out, it was the most fun i had racing so far, perfect conditions, PERFECT. killer track, great cheat lines, lots of passing, everybody decent to one another, i would-a could-a had 2nd or maybe first but no maintenance joe struck me hard 200 yrds from the 5th lap as i was in second and closing on Trackside

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:47 pm 

JustMtb44 wrote:
From the rules:

1. Machine Width can be a maximum 60 inches.

There are many parts of the course where they go through trees exactly 60" apart, so it is fairly important vehicles meet this spec. My buggy measures about 61" wide and it is a tight squeeze on the trail. GNCC races are really not well suited to Stadium Lites anyway, but it depends on the track conditions. Yoda Pilots are good to go.

My front just makes it, but the rear is a tad to wide.
A stock ody 350 with stock wheels is 61". Makes it pretty close is someone adds an aftermarket wheel with a little wider tire.

Where is the video?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:34 pm 

Here is a youtube video I just trimmed and posted. For some reason, the quality is lower than what the Go Pro actually recorded. Recorded from #2 Abby's helmet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjYJNC80M0

And a link from my camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw8Qk13uNAU

check out the pass on two UTVs at 7:54 then check out the kicker that almost put me on my roof at 8:10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:39 am 

I am sorry, but that was just too slow for my taste... and to hear you moo like a cow while trying to pass a trail rider just convinced me to NEVER even think of doing a girls nat. crosslegged race...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:33 pm 

Now look who's crying like a girl. Dry up those tears of fear and haul that buggy EAST BOUND. The Pilot class usually has at least two girls that will put the smackdown on any Ody.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 am 

Trackside wrote:
Now look who's crying like a girl. Dry up those tears of fear and haul that buggy EAST BOUND. The Pilot class usually has at least two girls that will put the smackdown on any Ody.

:shock: I have been beaten by a girl...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:00 pm 

I just picked up two more Pilots today. Both are one owner, stock units and in great shape. Now I need to find two new owners who are willing to race that I will sell them to. No excuse makers, these two are only for sale to RACERS.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:24 pm 

Hare - You going to have your Pilot running for the race in SC ? I was at Tracksides garage on Wednesday and With 10 minutes work ( sawsalled off the damaged nerf bars and Put a plug and slime in the flat tire.) the #5 Pilot is ready to show you and Mikey the way around the track. But you guys really Should be worried about Nick (the same Nick that beat you guys last year at St Clairsville). He is coming loaded for bear, with front disc brakes, Hyper titamium wheels, tires filled with top secret hubba bubba already chewed gum and all kinds of trick stuff. So there is really No need for you guys to travel all that way as there will be NO room left on the podium... With me finishing first, Nick second and Trackside 3rd. Or the way Nick and Trackside put it. Me at 3rd and you guys wrapping up 4th and 5th.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:46 pm 

oh yeah, hoser already fixed me up another GNCC Dominator Engine, I just need to drop it in, probably will happen friday night as we drive down the road. Its a Trackside killer, i hope my wake don't knock you off the trail when i lap you.

Then I'll be ready for a rock run, maybe we ought to do a little pre run ride there!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:36 am 

Here are some pics from the pits before the racing got underway.

Attachments:
File comment: mayhem in the pits
P1040712.JPG
P1040712.JPG [ 667.2 KiB | Viewed 938 times ]
File comment: prepping for the race
P1040717.JPG
P1040717.JPG [ 678.12 KiB | Viewed 938 times ]
File comment: all eight racers
P1040722.JPG
P1040722.JPG [ 696.84 KiB | Viewed 938 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 am 

Cool pics! Any race pics? Wheres the odysseys?! Lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:48 am 

Pilot Class Results from Big Buck SC GNCC

http://www.racer-results.net/results/gn ... 13&s=7&r=4

Navigation Class Points Report Class Laptimes Report Overalls Select a Different Class Select a Different Event
Big Buck
Union, SC - Round 4
Single Seat - Class Results
Place Nbr Name Hometown Brand Laps Elapsed
1 905 GUY TRACKSIDE WAYNESBORO, PA HON 4 00:53:51.171
2 900 JOHN TRACKSIDE WASHINGTON, PA HON 4 00:54:04.984
3 904 DOS TRACKSIDE HOWTON, PA HON 4 00:56:08.296
4 915 JOE WARWICK BALTIMORE, MD HON 4 01:00:40.890
5 919 MICHAEL DOOLITTLE ENDICOTT, NY HON 4 01:02:11.718
6 902 ABBY TRACKSIDE WASHINGTON, PA HON 4 01:02:33.812
7 999 MARK TRACKSIDE BOWIE, CT HON 4 01:06:33.312
8 937 TERRI ANGER BALTIMORE, MD HON 3 00:53:04.093

This report created by Trackside's Online Reporting Tool.
www.tracksidesoftware.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:01 pm 

Here are the Pilot Class points standings so far. Two down four to go. Its still anyones National Championship to win as one race will be dropped.

http://www.racer-results.net/results/gn ... ?s=7&c=113

2011 GNCC Series UTV
Single Seat - Class Points RND 2 RND 4
Place Make Nbr Name Finish Finish Total Points
1 HON 900 JOHN TRACKSIDE 1 2 39
2 HON 905 GUY TRACKSIDE 3 1 38
3 HON 919 MICHAEL DOOLITTLE 2 5 35
4 HON 915 JOE WARWICK 5 4 33
5 HON 902 ABBY TRACKSIDE 4 6 32
6 HON 037 TERRI ANGER 6 8 28
7 HON 904 DOS TRACKSIDE 3 18
8 HON 999 MARK TRACKSIDE 7 14

This report created by Trackside's Online Reporting Tool.
www.tracksidesoftware.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:24 pm 

Are the pics supposed to open up on here?

For some reason it doesn't work.

Some pics show & some don't.

Any ideas? Hoser?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:07 am 

mozzy wrote:
Are the pics supposed to open up on here?

For some reason it doesn't work.

Some pics show & some don't.

Any ideas? Hoser?

All should open waiting on Sunblock for months now to send me the files off his server so I can fix.

Profile E-mail