Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:39 am 

Well things didn't pan out on my trip back out west to race this weekend so I am going to Marble Falls to blow off some steam! Bringing the triple eee for it's maiden voyage, along with the odyssey!
I need some ride alongs to come out and play!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 pm 

Marble Falls is too damn far away and too expensive for me.How bout Mudbuddys? I cant make either one Xmas weekend,but I should be free New Yrs weekend and should have my shocks back and installed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:36 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Marble Falls is too damn far away and too expensive for me.How bout Mudbuddys? I cant make either one Xmas weekend,but I should be free New Yrs weekend and should have my shocks back and installed.

I am already loaded and leaving bright and early@!!! (I hope lol)
We will have to try to get you out there soon you will love it!!! Miles of trails, not small loops...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:49 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
redskinman wrote:

We will have to try to get you out there soon you will love it!!! Miles of trails, not small loops...

What? your going this weekend?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:22 am 

redskinman wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
redskinman wrote:

What? your going this weekend?

well hell yea??? why not??? I ain't going shopping??? LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:12 pm 

Well hopefully your out riding right now with no issues,where are you gonna be New yrs weekend?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:19 pm 

Had a good trip...
Found a few minor issues, and a few major issues in the shakedown ride...
Minor issues are I need a better overfill tank for the radiator, and a set screw on the parker pumper air system...
Major issues are the piss poor welding done to the Engine mounting brackets... The guy laid some pretty welds ut there was no penetration... should be able to weld up with out removing the Engine???
Do these polaris engines have a charging circuit? Kink kx did ya'll remove this? I see a coil thing in the parts I got with this...
I have to run the head lights to get the brake light to work... and after the ride I can't get the starter to turn over until I charge the battery???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
Had a good trip...
Minor issues are I need a better overfill tank for the radiator, and a set screw on the parker pumper air system...
Major issues are the piss poor welding done to the Engine mounting brackets... The guy laid some pretty welds ut there was no penetration... should be able to weld up with out removing the Engine???
Do these polaris engines have a charging circuit? Kink kx did ya'll remove this? I see a coil thing in the parts I got with this...
I have to run the head lights to get the brake light to work... and after the ride I can't get the starter to turn over until I charge the battery???

Check the battery voltage before you start the Engine then check it once the Engine is started, rev the Engine see if the voltage goes up.

Most the charging systems on sleds its the yellow wires coming from the flywheel area with the other wires on older engines these wires were for the lights and hand warmers when they went to a battery and electric start then they added a rectifier to the system to convert it to DC voltage, that's right before it was just regulated AC volts running the lights and hand warmers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:54 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Had a good trip...

Hey Turbo....sorry you're having trouble with the Engine mounts. Those were done when I got it and they looked good, so Mark didn't touch em.

The charging system is as Hoser described. Yellow wire is the charging wire from the Stator. But the snowmobile charging systems are very weak and might be getting overloaded by the lights, fan, and parker pumper. I only ran the fan when it got over 160 and the lights. We installed a low current capable diode in line with the stator (yellow wire) so any overload of the charging system would pop the diode without burning up the stator. Check and see if it popped if the system isnt charging. Also check the fuse at the back of the buggy and see if it popped.

We setup the brakes/taillights to run only when the headlights were on since we didn't have any legal spots in CT...so there are times when it's good not to have them on...

Brooks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:36 pm 

I put the fan in line so it comes on with temp sensor, but its been so cold lately I havent heard it run yet. Ordered a new auto meter temp gauge the old one quit on me... My Luck huh it worked inj az... and I havent been running the pumper much since Im not chasing anyone yet... I will look for the diode! mARK DID SUCH A GOOD JOB ON wires I hate to dig into them...
And yea the welds look purty but...
did you ever find old tranny seal numbers?? both sides of that upper shaft are leaking again???

brooks wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
Had a good trip...

Hey Turbo....sorry you're having trouble with the Engine mounts. Those were done when I got it and they looked good, so Mark didn't touch em.

The charging system is as Hoser described. Yellow wire is the charging wire from the Stator. But the snowmobile charging systems are very weak and might be getting overloaded by the lights, fan, and parker pumper. I only ran the fan when it got over 160 and the lights. We installed a low current capable diode in line with the stator (yellow wire) so any overload of the charging system would pop the diode without burning up the stator. Check and see if it popped if the system isnt charging. Also check the fuse at the back of the buggy and see if it popped.

We setup the brakes/taillights to run only when the headlights were on since we didn't have any legal spots in CT...so there are times when it's good not to have them on...

Brooks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:59 am 

Part one!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0lZSduuibA

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:00 am 

part two...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld_gi65BeAs

Profile E-mail