Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:21 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Today I have a good tailwind! I squezed 7.62 mpg and 8.3 mpg out of my last 2 tanks!
Still wish I had a diesel!!!

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Come on LOTTO I want to ride the desert with TurboTexas again!

Congratulations again!

Yea now I have something to drive too!!!
$1400 is my estimated fuel cost for the pickup alone! Doesn't include the 50 for generator gas, or 50 propane or buggy gas!!!

I hope my new (to me) hoser hauler will do that good on the next trip it got 10 mpg running 70+ on the 300 mile trip home.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:29 pm 

I set my cruise at 65 mph and just ride! What kills me is the stopping every 180 miles to top off!
Your mpg will drop with a trailer behind it!
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
Today I have a good tailwind! I squezed 7.62 mpg and 8.3 mpg out of my last 2 tanks!
Still wish I had a diesel!!!

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Come on LOTTO I want to ride the desert with TurboTexas again!

Congratulations again!

Yea now I have something to drive too!!!
$1400 is my estimated fuel cost for the pickup alone! Doesn't include the 50 for generator gas, or 50 propane or buggy gas!!!

I hope my new (to me) hoser hauler will do that good on the next trip it got 10 mpg running 70+ on the 300 mile trip home.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I set my cruise at 65 mph and just ride! What kills me is the stopping every 180 miles to top off!
Your mpg will drop with a trailer behind it!

Yup I figure it will drop to 8 mpg loaded still better than the bus, I am use to cruising 60-65 with the bus and am never in a hurry so I will try all speed combination's with the RV to extract the most MPG heck I will even drive 55 if needed, I drove the RV home at 70+ because it was a head wind and side wind the whole way was trying to simulate the worse case to get a feeling for the MPG if it was 4-6 I would probably be listing it for sale and dumping the whole idea getting 10 gave me some hope, I will hoser tune it before the next trip and hopefully keep the loaded mpg up.

Already missing the bus and its not even gone wish it got a solid 12 mpg I would keep it for ever.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:46 pm 

Trade bus for enclosed trailer to keep multible toys out of weather!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:41 pm 

Awsome turbo. congrats on the race. when is ur next race?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:55 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
Awsome turbo. congrats on the race. when is ur next race?

Right back here in Texas this weekend! 10 entered in a 2 hour race!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:08 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Trade bus for enclosed trailer to keep multible toys out of weather!

One way or another the bus is going soon as its warm enough the bus will be stripped down then I will try to sell it as a functional bus if it wont sell then its going to have some key parts removed and sold as scrap.

Looking for a 16' to 18' enclosed trailer new is desirable at the right price but I would consider a used trailer, also looking for a used 16' -18' camper CHEAP I will gut it and add a back door turn it into a hoser hauler :-)

If gas was 2.25 a gallon I would have already bought one of these, already kicked the tires, it would have the RV door on the side and the bed liner coating on the floor, added thing for the roof a/c, my luck gas will go to 5.00 a gallon soon as I order it then it will never be used.
http://www.randpcarriages.com/trailers/SFC718.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:32 pm 

Rzr pilot and quad in 16'? Don't forget tools
24 footer!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:08 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
24 footer!

I will take what I can fit 24' probably wont go where I want it to go off road, if I buy new the guy will put the axle over the top of the springs for free raise it up for off road.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:15 pm 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
24 footer!

I will take what I can fit 24' probably wont go where I want it to go off road, if I buy new the guy will put the axle over the top of the springs for free raise it up for off road.

I say buy it to fit the toys, worry about where it will go when you get there!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:34 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
24 footer!

I say buy it to fit the toys, worry about where it will go when you get there!

17' V nose will work perfectly 18' regular old enclosed trailer will work, 16' camper will work they are wider can turn the Pilot sideways.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:17 pm 

The bus was awsome how about chopping that thing in half and making it into a trailer LOL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 am 

I have 16' of storage in my hauler and I can fit the RZR-S and a pilot quite easily, even with the pre-runner front bumper on the RZR. I back the RZR in, then pull the pilot in facing it. The 70 atc fits next to the pilot. I used to have to remove the front bumper on the EEE and also take a ratchet tie strap and wench the front A-Arms together on the RZR to lift the front end enough to slide the front of the EEE underneath so they overlapped.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:47 am 

nickRNR wrote:
I have 16' of storage in my hauler and I can fit the RZR-S and a pilot quite easily, even with the pre-runner front bumper on the RZR. I back the RZR in, then pull the pilot in facing it. The 70 atc fits next to the pilot. I used to have to remove the front bumper on the EEE and also take a ratchet tie strap and wench the front A-Arms together on the RZR to lift the front end enough to slide the front of the EEE underneath so they overlapped.

Your hauler would be perfect for me I just can never find one at a reasonable price, pulling it would not be a problem I could take a sawzall to the bus and reduce its weight from 15k lbs down to about 5k lbs, just make it a puller :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:31 pm 

lutrev wrote:
Is that a 16 ft with no V-nose?

He has a toyhauler 23' I think, I am sure he has better pics.

Profile E-mail