Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:20 am 

Hey guys I'm planning a trip to Glamis for the easter weekend of april 24th all are welcomed to come out and ride. Going to be camping over in the washes around wash 10. Ill be arriving on thursday evening until sunday afternoon. So dust off the buggies and lets riiiiiiiiiiiiide.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:16 pm 

I'm in for sure buddy! Should have the new pilot finished by then, but I guess that is mostly up to my fabricator....lol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:10 am 

I would love to be in on this one. Gotta save up some money. That's about a 6 hour drive for me. So I'm out this time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:03 pm 

make a pit stop by my place! no excuses!!! lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:49 pm 

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:
I would love to be in on this one. Gotta save up some money. That's about a 6 hour drive for me. So I'm out this time.

Hey Pro-Pilot-Popper, I never looked but I figured you were a lot closer than that.

For me it's 10 hours and 600 miles! I would love to go again! Had a great time hanging out with Nick and company over New Years! Unfortunately don't have the bucks to go again. DAMN!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:07 pm 

Sell the wife's ody!!!! LOL would kick azz if you could go again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:20 pm 

nickRNR wrote:

It's funny you say that, I mentioned selling her Ody jokingly and I thought she way gonna cry! :shock:
So much for that idea!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:34 am 

If nobody chymes in, we might change the trip to dumont instead.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:36 pm 

Randman wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

It's funny you say that, I mentioned selling her Ody jokingly and I thought she way gonna cry! :shock:
So much for that idea!

Rand

Looks like we will be changing to Dumont instead of Glamis, mapquest says its ONLY about 430 miles from Carson City to Dumont... :-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:04 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
Randman wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

So much for that idea!

Rand

Looks like we will be changing to Dumont instead of Glamis, mapquest says its ONLY about 430 miles from Carson City to Dumont... :-)

Oh sure....torture me! You know I want to go but can't afford it right now. For the 860 mile round trip it's gonna cost me at least 500 bucks in fuel just for the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) home alone.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:48 pm 

I can make it (depending on the weather!) Me and the boys went to Dumont the 31st thru the 2nd of April. The dunes were perfect, minimal tracks and a slight breeze to make you want to ride during the hot midday to stay cool. Night riding was T-shirt sensational. It was fun watching Loran, my youngest, race the Pilot up comp hill against those sport UTV's. He weighs next to nothing and powers past them at the top. No ranger-man to deal with ( no entry fee!!) Maybe 20 camping groups total and to cap-off a notable riding weekend, a cooling skinny-dip side trip to the creek halfway back from Little Dumont dunes at noon. Doug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:14 pm 

westecbuilder wrote:
I can make it (depending on the weather!) Me and the boys went to Dumont the 31st thru the 2nd of April. The dunes were perfect, minimal tracks and a slight breeze to make you want to ride during the hot midday to stay cool. Night riding was T-shirt sensational. It was fun watching Loran, my youngest, race the Pilot up comp hill against those sport UTV's. He weighs next to nothing and powers past them at the top. No ranger-man to deal with ( no entry fee!!) Maybe 20 camping groups total and to cap-off a notable riding weekend, a cooling skinny-dip side trip to the creek halfway back from Little Dumont dunes at noon. Doug

Why no heads up for us? Might have been able to join you!...

Yeah, hopefully the weather holds, rain last time sucked, but we still had a great time

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:01 pm 

I let you know that my boys had the last 2 weeks off from school in your Projects post about your new pilot. Have you and Rusty committed to changing the trip from Glamis to Dumont?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:12 pm 

Yeah were gonna change it to dumont now for sure. My brother will be able to make it to Dumont because its closer to vegas for him but couldnt make it to glamis. Hope you can make it should be a fun trip.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:55 am 

westecbuilder wrote:
I let you know that my boys had the last 2 weeks off from school in your Projects post about your new pilot. Have you and Rusty committed to changing the trip from Glamis to Dumont?

any pics from the trip?

Hoping to have the project pilot done for this trip. So far looking good for a head count...
Myself-2 pilots
Shoubadaba-1 pilot, 1 fl350
TurtleD-1 pilot
PPP-2 pilots...maybe
Westecbuilder-1 pilot
Randman-1 fl350 (since he is selling his wife's fl350 to have funds to join us...J/K!)

Potentially 8 buggies, this should be a really kick azz trip!!!!! Anyone else interisted? I know there are quite a few more pilot/ody guys here in SoCal!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:08 pm 

Nick, I'm a predictably negligent photo shootist! I've come to the ratiocination that a video camera must be epoxied to my helmet, 24/7 for you all to see what I see. So, Thursday eve is the target start time??? "I may" or "may not" have felonious contraband with me on this trip, ( the kind that makes the night time sparkle ) Doug

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:25 am 

Most indubiously my esteemed pilot fanatic colleague! LOL. I will be there Thursday night.

I am always wanting to take video and pics because my memory is so crappy, I need to take photos/videos to help me remember stuff down the line. This website is good for stuff like that too. When I write up riding trip reports, it gives me a log of how the trip went and I can look back and read and remember. I forgot a few things from last summers Pismo trip that I re-read on my post recently and it came back to me.

Getting old sucks...and I am only 31...I think!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:25 am 

Ill finally be able to ues my new HD gopro this trip.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:18 am 

31? I don't remember 31. Hell I don't rem yesterday. 49 sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:19 pm 

So, where are you guys camping?
is Easter considered one of the premium weekends?
There's a chance I could go maybe add another pilot to the mix :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:35 am 

Kuma wrote:
So, where are you guys camping?
is Easter considered one of the premium weekends?
There's a chance I could go laybe add another pilot to the mix :-)

AWESOME!

We havent nailed down a campsite quite yet. We either camp along the first razor or the second razor, to the right of the main road when you enter Dumont. So its either turn right at toilet 11 or at toilet 10. I think Rusty still has your number, I will PM you my number just in case.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:16 am 

Cool man. Its a holiday weekend but the last few years have seen numbers drop by half as far as how many people have been going riding. Ill be arriving on thursday night as well prolly just in front of the first razor to the right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:57 pm 

I'm still trying to make it. I think its looking pretty good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 pm 

Randman wrote:
Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:

Hey Pro-Pilot-Popper, I never looked but I figured you were a lot closer than that.

For me it's 10 hours and 600 miles! I would love to go again! Had a great time hanging out with Nick and company over New Years! Unfortunately don't have the bucks to go again. DAMN!

Rand

It depends on which way you go. I did find out this last trip that I can get there and back on a full tank of gas. but you still have to fill both pilots and the quad. Oh and don't forget the 40 dollar ticket to get in. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:08 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
Cool man. Its a holiday weekend but the last few years have seen numbers drop by half as far as how many people have been going riding. Ill be arriving on thursday night as well prolly just in front of the first razor to the right.

Are you meaning around pit toilet 6 or 7?
http://www.dumontduneriders.com/images/grid-map.jpg

I've moved beyond maybe going, now at probably going :-)

Profile E-mail