Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:51 pm 

I have seen that video. That's was at St. A. I have never ran in the sand before so I don't know what I do and don't need

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:47 pm 

fully wrote:
I have seen that video. That's was at St. A. I have never ran in the sand before so I don't know what I do and don't need

Nukem and FL670 was running paddles I was running about 1/4 worn stock Honda tires, next time we line up for video I will be wearing paddles, 24" tall 10 paddle haulers :-) clutch wont be set to 7200 RPM either lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nukeem666

That race was actually at Killpecker in Wyoming. St As has much steeper n longer climbs. :shock:

No rent needed, its all in fun!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:28 pm 

Man, I'm just stewin over this. With the new trans for my truck costing around 2g, the trip is out of my budget. Shoubadaba is renewing his vows with his wife this year, and my window to take him on a trip hits on the weekend of june 8th, we were actually talking about trying for Little Sahara in Utah, but it is too far still. We are probably going to do a Pismo trip, much closer and within my budget. At least we will still be hitting some sand near the same time as you guys. One year we will make it, just not in the cards this time around. :-(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:17 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
Man, I'm just stewin over this. With the new trans for my truck costing around 2g, the trip is out of my budget. Shoubadaba is renewing his vows with his wife this year, and my window to take him on a trip hits on the weekend of june 8th, we were actually talking about trying for Little Sahara in Utah, but it is too far still. We are probably going to do a Pismo trip, much closer and within my budget. At least we will still be hitting some sand near the same time as you guys. One year we will make it, just not in the cards this time around. :-(

I was suprised to see you were considering it in the first place you have so many great riding areas so much closer to home.

Hopefully you can make it some day when conditions are right I am sure you would enjoy the trip.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:19 pm 

One of these days yourself and the other half, along with Rusty and Danny need to make it up here to Northern Nevada. Sand mountain is as large as the open area of Pismo and no salt spray! Besides, it's 90 miles from my house! Ha Ha Ha! And Walker River Resort is still the ultimate place to camp.....If you want to call unlimited desert riding, full RV hookups, bar with slot machines, pool and jacuzzi and a pool table camping!

You could also stop by and see Captain Bruce!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:20 am 

Walker is defnately on my list of places I want to hit.

Hey Rand, wanna go to Pismo june 8th?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:34 am 

I would love to but it all depends on the finances after paying for Randi's wedding!

If I do go it would be like the last time with the old Dodge and a tent! I still have to have the water pump replaced in the old motorhome.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:29 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nukeem666

That race was actually at Killpecker in Wyoming. St As has much steeper n longer climbs. :shock:

No rent needed, its all in fun!

Hey your right it was Killpecker lol you can see the rear tires when they zoom in tight hit pause.

Stock rears here too, why is the video so small wish their was a larger version...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:58 pm 

I really liked the 24" paddles that I was running on the 420 Hoser. I would however HIGHLY recommend a larger paddle(extreme, ect). Those were just the regular paddle and if you remember, I destroyed them by the 2nd day. During the racing up that hill I had zero paddles left on the right tire, and 2 or 3 on the other....look at the sand spray, almost none on the right tire. lol

I bought some 25" with 9 or 10 paddles to be more aggressive but the 420 doesnt make the power to really spin em. Prob just too many extreme paddles per tire. I "THINK" the old ones(from that race) had 7 paddles and that allowed the rpms to get up quickly. That 440 may spin the 25" ones better. Can we swap the hubs on your Pilot to test em? They are on some 4 on 110 hub that I got from David(Tubotexas) way back when.

Gary

Old 24" tires had 8 short paddles...found a picture :-)

Attachments:
dsc02938_501.jpg
dsc02938_501.jpg [ 71.51 KiB | Viewed 1107 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 pm 

So first week in june? need to get off work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 pm 

Anyone still coming? Gas prices killing the ride? Trying to set up exact vacation dates.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:02 pm 

Yeah gas prices do suck. Especially with a lifted truck on 35" rubber. Just put $110 into the truck and have a 5 hour drive a head of me. Back to work for two weeks

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:30 pm 

Sorry for not keeping up with the locations, but where will you guys be riding? if it is anywhere within a reasonable distance id love to come ride.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:33 pm 

Too early for me to tell right now gas prices are killing the ride BUT my son might also be off work at the same time and wants to do a dune trip so if he helps with the gas it might be a go for me, will be Pilot and 2 quads maybe squeeze in my 250R three wheeler.

Hope we can make it probably not a lot of them father and son rides left the last one was back in 2005

Saint Anothy 2005 http://www.pilotodyssey.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=9&page=1 with my son, mom and Drakman then we also went to Little Sahara in Utah http://www.pilotodyssey.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=5" :-) Epic trip! I had my RV then (The Ritz) Pilot, 400EX and ATC250R Drakman had his "Jerry rig" and "Old Blue"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 pm 

Dates are still open I guess, I was hoping for anytime in June. You guys pick n I will be going. I hear ya Fully, 35" tires on my trucks too. Wish I would have kept my 6 speed diesel Dodge...20-25MPG all the time.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:31 pm 

Considering i have no working pick up (78 k10 isn't exactely road trip ready) it looks like my plan is to stuff the odyssey into the back of the old family mini van i've been driving around since my 93 dodge shadow died. It'll fit in the back if i take the rear tires off and the roll cage. :-) plus it can easily grab mid 20's if i can keep my foot out of it :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:18 pm 

elitespecialkid wrote:
Considering i have no working pick up (78 k10 isn't exactely road trip ready) it looks like my plan is to stuff the odyssey into the back of the old family mini van i've been driving around since my 93 dodge shadow died. It'll fit in the back if i take the rear tires off and the roll cage. :-) plus it can easily grab mid 20's if i can keep my foot out of it :-)

Bring an air mattress n you have a bedroom too! :-)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:59 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
elitespecialkid wrote:

Bring an air mattress n you have a bedroom too! :-)

That was the plan! LOL :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:55 am 

So what do most people do for overnight. U guys just stay in tents

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:04 am 

fully wrote:
So what do most people do for overnight. U guys just stay in tents

It will be my POS RV for me but sleep in what ever you have I have spent many nights sleeping in tents, backs of pickup trucks, back of Suburbans its all good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:30 am 

elitespecialkid wrote:

Give this a try? LOL I bet this dude drove it on up without any ramps, just 4wd low!

Attachments:
beetle-atv.jpg
beetle-atv.jpg [ 29.54 KiB | Viewed 972 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:26 pm 

Randman wrote:
One of these days yourself and the other half, along with Rusty and Danny need to make it up here to Northern Nevada. Sand mountain is as large as the open area of Pismo and no salt spray! Besides, it's 90 miles from my house! Ha Ha Ha! And Walker River Resort is still the ultimate place to camp.....If you want to call unlimited desert riding, full RV hookups, bar with slot machines, pool and jacuzzi and a pool table camping!

Rand

that place was great!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:23 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

When are you heading back this way again Dave?

You ready to go Riding again?

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:30 pm 

Randman wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

I'm always ready to ride! Buggies usually are not! Its to hard to leave Texas now with the oil boom thing going on! I'm likely to just plan a few trips a year in the RV like hoser does! Just need bigger fuel tanks to keep up with him!

When are you heading back this way again Dave?

You ready to go Riding again?

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next