Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:43 am 

hoser wrote:
Dave-Co wrote:
I bought 10 belts, put a new belt and a new spare on 5 of my pilots, the other had a new belt and spare from another MFG, kids have been at it since 8 this morning in Barstow, nothing but rocks ditches and WOOPS as far as you can see, if anyone can break a belt they can but still going strong no issues no problems. Jacob is a first class person to deal with, ships right away. I recommend you ad these to your pilot, works great and a great price on top of that. If they were junk I would know it by now! All 5 have run over 15 gallons of fuel each today, yes they never rest.

Take them out in soft sand where the clutches and belts never have a chance to cool down because the clutches and belts are under 2x+ the load they would be under when used on any other surface and run the shit out of them, that's the conditions I have had all my belts fail under, don't recall losing a single belt under non soft sand conditions :shock: I have worn out many belts in non soft sand conditions :-)

Get a chance stand your Pilots up on end and examine the sand blasting and paint chipping on your Pilots also look real close to the drive clutch faces and the outside areas of the clutch, I doubled my drive clutch, belt life by installing my mid skid to keep the shit flying off the front tires into my clutches.

I made my prototype out of scrap material they use to fabricate most signs and use on store fronts, its a plastic material about 3/16 thick then has .024 aluminum bonded to both sides, I am still running the prototype today its been so durable, proof you don't need to add another 20 lbs weight in that area of the Pilot on a skid plate, its even still mounted crooked lol viewtopic.php?f=71&t=529

Wish I could be in the desert with you guys.

Hi ho hi ho its off to work I go!

My frame is sandblasted from the sand that hits the clutch lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:41 pm 

Barstow might be full of rocks but the sand and dirt is soft everywhere we ride out there, It was choppier from the sand ruts than I have ever seen out there. My pilots never rested, my kids burned threw 110 gallons of gas and 22 1 pint bottles of Maxuma super M racing formula 2 stroke oil from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon and you would have a very hard time finding anyone who runs pilots as much as they do or hard as they do, late into the night and at it at sunrise. Belts still look great. We usually have burn a few belts per trip with deep woops my kids cant stay away from and they are on full tilt for as far as you can see on wooped out roads or dead stop wide open starts everywhere.. I am sold on them, it was all the proof I need that they are not bad, I would say they are great. I doubt very much many have put this kind of milage on any make belt in 2 days, Both 55 gallon drums are empty!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:55 am 

Belts are back in stock. Come and get them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:19 pm 

Hey. Paypal ready. Need an address

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:58 pm 

mudface wrote:
Hey. Paypal ready. Need an address

PM sent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:01 pm 

Belt replacement and break in procedure

If the old belt broke make sure you clean out all old pieces of belt from the drive and driven clutch. Check for threads and rubber pieces and remove.

Clean all rubber, rust, or any debris from the driven and drive clutch faces. I like to use scotch brite and lacquer thinner, brake cleaner will work. Make sure what ever you use that it does not leave an oily film on the clutch faces because that will cause the belt to slip and prematurely fail. If you have an air compressor and a blowgun blow out both the driven and drive clutch.

Once the clutches are clean inspect the faces. Run your fingers up and down the faces of the clutches feeling for any rough spots or groves in the clutch faces. If the clutch has not been used in a while and has surface rust you can lightly sand or use steel wool to clean off the rust. If your clutch faces have a grove worn in them you will need to replace the worn clutch. Remember the side of the belt runs against the clutch face and this is what drives your vehicle, so if the face of the clutch is dirty, oily, rusted, pitted, cupped, or grooved it will prematurely wear out your new belt.

Take your new belt and wash in warm water and dish soap this will remove any cutting agent, belt dressing, or contaminates. Make sure you let it fully dry before installing and using.

If your belt is directional make sure you install it in the right direction.

The Pilot Tuff belt is not directional but as a rule of thumb install it with the name and part number facing you (you can read it) so if you ever have to service your clutches you can reinstall the belt running the same direction. The belt will take a set when ran and if you install it the opposite direction that it was already ran it will prematurely fail.

Break in, run your vehicle at a medium pace varying speeds from slow to medium for the first 20 to 30 miles. Don’t keep at one speed for to long and don’t do any wide-open runs in this time period. This will let your new belt get up to temp and mate up with your clutch faces. Remember slipping your belt and heat is your enemy. Following these rules should help lengthen your belt life.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:50 pm 

Thanks for the info. Recieved my belt. Fast shipping. Keep up the good work

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:39 pm 

If you have any left I would take two sent to Norway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:43 pm 

Raymondro wrote:

Any Norway riding pictures?
Any other Pilot owners in Norway?

Ever had anything shipped from the USA to Norway?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:31 pm 

hoser wrote:
Raymondro wrote:

Hi there Hoser I think I have the only pilot in Norway, bought it last year from U.K. Thought it was very safe and fun for the kids, the only one that was excused from using the safety belts and wrist lanyard was me, until just recently. Flipped over twice on a field and almost killed myself when it landet partly on my neck. So now it is no exeption everebody used the safety equipment. For your information I have several antique cars and has shopped a lot of car parts from the US to Norway via my ebay account. My ebay profile is raymond6647. Since I am writing this on my IPad I do not have any riding photos, but will transfer some over later. Take care and merry xmas to you all from Norway.
PS trying to add a photo of my 1936 Hudson eight convertible, let me know if you see it.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 95.59 KiB | Viewed 1141 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:07 pm 

Raymondro wrote:
hoser wrote:
Raymondro wrote:

Hi there Hoser I think I have the only pilot in Norway, bought it last year from U.K. Thought it was very safe and fun for the kids, the only one that was excused from using the safety belts and wrist lanyard was me, until just recently. Flipped over twice on a field and almost killed myself when it landet partly on my neck. So now it is no exeption everebody used the safety equipment. For your information I have several antique cars and has shopped a lot of car parts from the US to Norway via my ebay account. My ebay profile is raymond6647. Since I am writing this on my IPad I do not have any riding photos, but will transfer some over later. Take care and merry xmas to you all from Norway.
PS trying to add a photo of my 1936 Hudson eight convertible, let me know if you see it.

I found one of my daughter, before she goes on to the field, the pilot is a 1989 model and I am in the process of buying a new headlight and in the need of a left rear fender after my stupid rolling.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 91.64 KiB | Viewed 1140 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:47 pm 

Raymondro wrote:
hoser wrote:
Raymondro wrote:

I see your pictures, that's a nice looking car where did it come from, were Hudsons sold in Norway?

Having the harness on at all times is a must, I suggest wearing the wrist restraints also if you can make them work for you, Honda built a nice fairly safe ATV.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:41 am 

Raymondro wrote:

Check your PM. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:38 am 

I just found a cheaper way to send 1 belt with insurance and tracking for around $6 dollars, so one belt is $36 plus $6 for shipping = $42 dollars anywhere in the states. 2-6 belts will still be $12.65 shipping.

International I just found out I can ship one belt for around $25 dollars so $36 for belt and around $25 for shipping = $61 total for most international places.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:17 pm 

afastcar wrote:
I just found a cheaper way to send 1 belt with insurance and tracking for around $6 dollars, so one belt is $36 plus $6 for shipping = $42 dollars anywhere in the states. 2-6 belts will still be $12.65 shipping.

International I just found out I can ship one belt for around $25 dollars so $36 for belt and around $25 for shipping = $61 total for most international places.

Still have any of these left?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:19 pm 

Raymondro wrote:
hoser wrote:
Raymondro wrote:

Wow that is one nice looking car were they sold in Norway or was it imported?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:50 pm 

hoser wrote:
afastcar wrote:

Still have any of these left?

Yes still have a few left.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:54 pm 

All belts are sold out 3 orders a total of 93 belts. Thanks to everyone I won't be selling them any longer remember your can always contact quality drive and order a run yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:45 am 

afastcar wrote:
All belts are sold out 3 orders a total of 93 belts. Thanks to everyone I won't be selling them any longer remember your can always contact quality drive and order a run yourself.

Wow that's a lot of belts thanks for putting together the belt buys!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 am 

thanks!!!

these belts take a beating for sure. My 670 has not roasted one yet and i keep trying :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:36 am 

i would be willing to front the cash to get the belts made. let me know who is interested and ill see what i can do.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:35 pm 

I would be interested in one

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:10 am 

I would take two if them when available

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:15 am 

JUNKBOY64 wrote:
i would be willing to front the cash to get the belts made. let me know who is interested and ill see what i can do.

Maybe start a new post for all who are interested to get the ball rolling.??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:12 am 

Any belts still available?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next