Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:30 pm 

Not exactly Odyssey related but here are a couple of shots from the ride over the weekend out on East Fork that drew me away from my "Ugly" FL350 rebuild project.
This would be an amazing ride for an Odyssey or Pilot though. If anyone wants directions let me know, this is located in Northern California.

Attachments:
french_gulch4.jpg
french_gulch4.jpg [ 59.74 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]
french_gulch3.jpg
french_gulch3.jpg [ 44.9 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]
french_gulch2.jpg
french_gulch2.jpg [ 40.59 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]
french_gulch.jpg
french_gulch.jpg [ 85.23 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]
hanglider_launch.jpg
hanglider_launch.jpg [ 36.81 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:33 pm 

rmesser wrote:
rope on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-FL250-FL3 ... e5&vxp=mtr" ."..

I've never replaced pull rope so can not offer any help - just know of the ebay auction.

Thanks for the link! Ordering one now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:34 pm 

B S wrote:
Sounds like an pj carb
Have u ever done a compression test?

What's a PJ carb?

No, a compression test has not been done yet but when it did run it had a good deal of power.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:43 pm 

Here's a link to one so you can see if its the same as yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keihin-carburet ... es&vxp=mtr

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 pm 

Randman wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keihin-carburet ... es&vxp=mtr" ."..

Rand

Thanks! I hope you are right. I have personally always preferred Keihin over Mikuni... stock is a 32mm Mikuni correct?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:26 pm 

Just ordered a new set of speedchaser's custom J arm bushings. Going to hold off on ordering new wheel bearings and tie rods until I am sure they are needed at this point.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 pm 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
Just ordered a new set of speedchaser's custom J arm bushings. Going to hold off on ordering new wheel bearings and tie rods until I am sure they are needed at this point.

U order his custom base gasket too?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:36 pm 

B S wrote:
SomeGuyFromCali wrote:

Not yet but I will! Thanks for the suggestion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:41 pm 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
B S wrote:
SomeGuyFromCali wrote:

Just to have as a spare

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:18 pm 

B S wrote:
SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
B S wrote:
SomeGuyFromCali wrote:

Just to have as a spare

Got one on order now thanks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:20 pm 

Randman wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keihin-carburet ... es&vxp=mtr" .".." .".." .".." ."..

Rand

Have not compared pics to the PJ yet but it is definitely a Keihin and not a Mikuni. Snapped these pics on my lunchbreak today. Will know for sure when I start taking everything apart for frame work.

Attachments:
carb_1.jpg
carb_1.jpg [ 39.86 KiB | Viewed 680 times ]
carb_2.jpg
carb_2.jpg [ 51.86 KiB | Viewed 680 times ]
carb_3.jpg
carb_3.jpg [ 66.78 KiB | Viewed 680 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 pm 

Stock carb

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:26 pm 

B S wrote:
Stock carb

thanks B S, but why the manual pull choke on top then? Is that stock too?
where would the cable choke tie in? (I know, I know, look at the freakin manual dude) which I will be.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 pm 

Another tid bit I left out earlier is that when it wouldn't start for us I looked back and noticed a bunch of air in the line so we checked the tank and it was next to empty on reserve. After filling it up I saw the line fill and then clear of bubbles but she still wouldn't start which is why I say yeah I hope it was just flooded out.

New spark plugs come in the mail today and I will give it another go.

Question for you guys: Would it be a bad idea to just take that big air box off the top and just run a straight Uni foam filter right on the stack where the box normally clamps in? Does it need to have that huge box to run right? the guy I got it from was running the box empty with a Uni filter mounted right onto the outside of the box itself.

Should be easier to get started now that I can actually SEE the carb.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:49 pm 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
Another tid bit I left out earlier is that when it wouldn't start for us I looked back and noticed a bunch of air in the line so we checked the tank and it was next to empty on reserve. After filling it up I saw the line fill and then clear of bubbles but she still wouldn't start which is why I say yeah I hope it was just flooded out.

Question for you guys: Would it be a bad idea to just take that big air box off the top and just run a straight Uni foam filter right on the stack where the box normally clamps in? Does it need to have that huge box to run right? the guy I got it from was running the box empty with a Uni filter mounted right onto the outside of the box itself.

u need the trailer that thing over here to chico and id help u out with it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 pm 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
B S wrote:
Stock carb

thanks B S, but why the manual pull choke on top then? Is that stock too?
where would the cable choke tie in? (I know, I know, look at the freakin manual dude) which I will be.

cable probably went bad its cheaper to put in those than an cable and choke pieces

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:02 pm 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:

i would run an air box keeps ur air filter cleaner

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:06 pm 

B S wrote:
SomeGuyFromCali wrote:

Thanks I appreciate the offer. Would not mind hitting the old Sierra Nevada brewery while I am down there in Chico for a little sampler. Been a long time.

Attachments:
Beer Sampler at Sierra Nevada.jpg
Beer Sampler at Sierra Nevada.jpg [ 70.36 KiB | Viewed 676 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:08 pm 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
B S wrote:
SomeGuyFromCali wrote:

Thanks I appreciate the offer. Would not mind hitting the old Sierra Nevada brewery while I am down there in Chico for a little sampler. Been a long time.

if u would like too just let me know

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:19 pm 

B S wrote:
SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
B S wrote:
SomeGuyFromCali wrote:

if u would like too just let me know

Thanks, I got a lot going on up here right now but might hit you up later on when I am further along in the rebuild and have some of the essential parts in hand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:18 pm 

That place looks great! Why am I in IL:-(. You should do a compression test on it at least. Do that with the exhaust on and the air box in place. I'd leave the airbox on as well. The mod the previous owner did sounds like a good airbox mod with a prefilter. I did the second hole with an elbow up and a hose up to the snorkel box. I don't like the way it turned out. I plan to start with an untouched airbox and just drill a hole in the lid and put a UNI right on top of the box. Simple and effective. I'd run that like it is and put a UNI in the box.

Looking again he put it on the elbow that goes up to the snorkel box. Your just missing the hose and clamp if you wanted to add that. i wouldn't. The way he's got it setup would be a great prefilter. Just throw another UNI in the box. Later on research on this forum airbox mods. That will get you a little more performance on the cheap.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:21 pm 

hate to spend your money but here is a choke kit. Same guy selling the starter rope.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-FL350-ODY ... 4863472%26" .".." .".." ."..

he has the cable also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-FL350-ODY ... 565286e1b2" .".." ."..

run the air box with a prefilter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:28 pm 

Fatcat wrote:
That place looks great! Why am I in IL:-(. You should do a compression test on it at least. Do that with the exhaust on and the air box in place. I'd leave the airbox on as well. The mod the previous owner did sounds like a good airbox mod with a prefilter. I did the second hole with an elbow up and a hose up to the snorkel box. I don't like the way it turned out. I plan to start with an untouched airbox and just drill a hole in the lid and put a UNI right on top of the box. Simple and effective. I'd run that like it is and put a UNI in the box.

Looking again he put it on the elbow that goes up to the snorkel box. Your just missing the hose and clamp if you wanted to add that. i wouldn't. The way he's got it setup would be a great prefilter. Just throw another UNI in the box. Later on research on this forum airbox mods. That will get you a little more performance on the cheap.

Thanks for the tips, it is dusty as all hell here in the summer.
I will be ordering a new UNI for the stock box.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 pm 

jason702v wrote:
hey cali you goin to the poker run the 17th?

http://www.reddingdirtriders.com/News_V ... ticleid=64" ."..

Considering it, I had myself all set for the first date. Kinda forgot about it until you reminded me they were rescheduling it again. Never rode in one before but sounds like a blast... I sat and watched one year just because we didn't know they were running it that day and had to wait until they were done to ride.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:35 am 

jason702v wrote:
ya they are fun. ive never ridden one on a quad always rode my bike but since i got rid of it all i have is my quad now. i think a few of us are gonna do it though. if we do for sure ill let ya know. you guys should either way. ive never ridden any of that area on my quad actually :shock:

If I did it I would probably be on my dual sport the WR250R. I am a little faster on the WR250R for established trail routes but more confident on steep hill climbs on my old Warrior 350.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next