Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:05 pm 

I want to incorperate music into my 350 now... *yea always needs something* But of course I don't want some simple 2 channel. Im thinking of mounting 5 speakers and a subwoofer to the thing. The sub I could do without, but I want some sound to be blasting in my ears =). Any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:22 pm 

Just an old man's adivce, but, if the Engine is running right, it is the best music you can hear, if it is not running right, the sooner you hear it the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:26 pm 

My 350 Engine has never had one problem, lol thank lord. Its the baby of the whole thing, every ride its cleaned and every trip its gone over and checked.

I was thinking of using my Sony Minidisc Player w/radio and mounting the remote to the top of the steering wheel. Then I would use the Headphone out with a amp to run into 4 speakers overhead and a small sub on the back top near the airbox. wouldn't be too loud, but enough to have a bit of tunes to listen to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:25 pm 

my personal opinion which aint worth shit

if it is loud enough for you to hear it over your motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and mine and everyone elses it will be to loud.

OMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:59 pm 

Save you time and money just ride...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:34 pm 

My time is... a lot, haha. This took up my time, along with helpin my GF with her school work and all that. And money isnt really a problem to be honest, i have the amp and speakers. In fact i just created the brackets onto the frame that will hold the speakers. Just need to wire and mount em now. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:31 pm 

another "old man" and father chimes in... Wear a helmet, and they have systems you can plug into a helmet....
2 birds one stone...
by the way nice rides, both of them!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:43 pm 

throw some 20" wheels and hydraulics on her to, that would be unique whip... :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:57 pm 

Twilight - I think the "old guys" have this right. You should consider a headset under your helmet and that way you save weight and have plenty of electrical power to run everything and can still use that setup on other vehicles or with other activities. Check the other posts on adding headlights...seems that you only have about 100w to work with, not nearly enough to power most amps let alone several high power speakers. You'll also need to consider feedback from the ignition system to avoid "buzzing"...tough to get around sometimes. The caveat, you'll undoubtedly use your proposed set-up it in camp and that is sure to raise eyebrows, attract rangers and cost you in ways maybe not foreseeable at this juncture. In any case, my 2 cents....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:18 am 

Oh if your all worried about the battery on the 350, then haha its not whats gonna power the system. I mounted a solar panel to the top a while ago and used it to recharge the battery when my old one was... crap. But with new battery comes this. I use the solar panel and increase the power it sends to the LithiumION battery that will power the system =) Weight as I have calculated in only 6 extra pounds, is good IMO.

To be honest with you all. I have always wanted to attempt at one going street legal. I know its a long shot. But my first large project was turned street legal *a golf cart... at first*. I have designed a winshield system and brake/turn lights, that were originally off a forklift. I just have a fascination to bringing everything I own to its full potential, and im so hard headed. I have to do it, lol.

=)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:51 pm 

Personally I would go with the helmet and plug into an ipod with 5000 songs. Hit the random button and off u go. set up the remote on your sleeve and your in control.
The sound in open space will not be clear at all. Kinda like a good system in a convertible. The only time it sounds good is in the garage with the door shut.
Now if your doing it for the bling bling, then a thumping ody coming down the trail would definitely turn my head.
I do enjoy the sound of the Engine when in my pilot. Now. snowboarding that's another animal. Tunes cranked in the helmet so i can't hear people yelling at me as I rrrrip on by.

If you go through with the system be sure to post it up. Would love to see the work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:17 am 

Twilight wrote:
I want to incorperate music into my 350 now... *yea always needs something* But of course I don't want some simple 2 channel. Im thinking of mounting 5 speakers and a subwoofer to the thing. The sub I could do without, but I want some sound to be blasting in my ears =). Any advice?
[code][/code]

next thing he will want is a horse with naaawwwwzzz :shock: .. if your riding your ody/pilot, you really should be worried about your surroundings and what your next decision is. IF you make it street legal, what are you going to tell a cop when you roll the thing because your not paying attention because your music is so loud. don't get me wrong i have a 3k$ system in my truck that was all built by myself and a rep from Kicker so i love stereos but that really needs to stay in automobiles not atv's. just my $.02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:38 pm 

I say do it, you could set out by the drag strip and add some tunes to the drags like a wave boarderers boat or tower at the half pikes at the slopes. On the solor panle set up positioned in the right angle you could use it as a wing for down force. Face the base backwards so I could feel it while I was behind you adding a tump to the roost as is hitting me in the face for affect. Please use responsibly as not to affend the friendly campers like the nit wits that run around the campsite all night long for something to do. If green friendly you should recieve a energy saving rebate from the goverment on your next tax return. Last but not least mabey make the cover of dirt wheels in Apirl. By the way was this done in the Mad Max movies? Maybe Bugeye 59 could shead some light on that one.