Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My chopper build
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:32 pm 

Been working on this for about 8 months now. Still in mock up stage. Completely custom built. Fabricating is being done by Pilotnuts brother Chris. He will also shoot the paint.

click on here to see from the beginning.
http://hometown.aol.com/cafercr35/myhomepage/motorcycle.html

Attachments:
File comment: where we are now
bike ls.jpg
bike ls.jpg [ 41.53 KiB | Viewed 1161 times ]
File comment: where we are now
bike rs.jpg
bike rs.jpg [ 43.27 KiB | Viewed 1161 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:50 pm 

OMG that is a sweet ride!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:01 pm 

bad ass no doubt, that is one project that's been on my list for some time, just havent got the extra 25g lieing around for the build yet, congrats tho, that will be the first thing the new wife crosses off to go, lol....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:12 pm 

oh Yeah no doubt on the $$$$$$$$$$$$. I'm at about 30g's as it sits. Still predict aleast another 3 just in nuts and bolts that we forgot about. Neverthe less I'm looking into a super-charger. if there's any change left.

What a absolutley GREAT experience.

Bugpac - your right. Good thing I started this prewife. She will let me finish the project, but looks like the chopper will turn into the inground pool soon LMAO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:55 pm 

Sweet ride, you gonna go with S&S power?I like the right side drive, what size primary you going with?
Rear swinger is sweet, love the lines on the tins BTW!!
GOOD LUCK on the project.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:27 pm 

The primary is a 4" belt BDL. The pic here shows it bare. It is out to powder coat. The casing is staying polished, the round covers will be red, and the large outside cover black.

As for the power - It is a crate El bruto 120". I am in process of working with Marv from 4x4 tuff for a supercharger to make sure I can smoke up that 300 tire.

I'll post more pics as it goes.

Thanks for the comps.[/img]

Attachments:
File comment: 4" BDL primary
BDL primary.jpg
BDL primary.jpg [ 80.84 KiB | Viewed 870 times ]

Post subject: Fender
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:19 am 

Wouldn't want to lose grip of those bars and slide back on the rear fender!!

Pure radical look you got going there!

Looks great!

I ride a 96 Vulcan Classic with a modified intake, carb. & pipes on a 1500cc V-Twin that puts the thump to the ground pretty well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:52 am 

We thought "what would happen if I got rearended" UGGGGLLY! We are designing a race cap to cover the hook when riding. Kinda like the hump on the back of a hayabusa.

Metric bikes are fast as shit when modified. Got any pics?
Here's a pic of my 03 R6, I also have a 99 X1 buell. I will post a pic when I find it.[/quote]

Attachments:
File comment: My 2004 project completed
2003 R6 limited

R6.jpg
R6.jpg [ 119.98 KiB | Viewed 853 times ]

Post subject: Metric
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:32 am 

My other bike is a 1978 GS1000E. It was the fastest porduction bike of that year. I purchased it when it was 8months old with just over 1000 miles on it from my exwife's uncle who had co-signed the note on it for his brother-in-law whom was going to let it get repoed. I really wasn't very interested in it at the time but he gave me a great deal and I've been indebted to him ever since. He currently has the European model of the same bike made in 79 that I would like to have since I often have pairs of the same toys.

I'll have to dig out a decent picture to post of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:44 am 

WOW! when I was a teenager one of the cool burnouts down the street had one. It would sit me up in my seat everytime it went by. It had it's own unique roar. Send a pic would love to check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:59 pm 

Hey Cafe--who you use for powdercoating?I live in central NJ somerville area and have had a real bitch finding a new guy since my last retired/lost his lease.Do you have a phone number or bis name I could call by chance?Would you reccomend this guy highly?Thanks for your help!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:59 pm 

I actually send my powder coating to Georgia

Here's the link - speak with Dallas or Amy. Mention - Joe from jersey with the chopper. They do most perfect work. Turnaround is always quick too.

http://georgiapowdercoating.com/contact.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:28 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Hey Cafe--who you use for powdercoating?I live in central NJ somerville area and have had a real bitch finding a new guy since my last retired/lost his lease.Do you have a phone number or bis name I could call by chance?Would you reccomend this guy highly?Thanks for your help!

By the way Mudbogger - I'm in sussex county - I ride my quad very with 20 min of my home on some small trails - also do the pilot thing with some boys on the site in PA.......my thought: y not hook up and ride with us - being your so close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:54 am 

Here are pics Toyman sent he can make comments on them.

Nice toys!

Attachments:
100_1142.jpg
100_1142.jpg [ 78.65 KiB | Viewed 913 times ]
100_1144.jpg
100_1144.jpg [ 94.9 KiB | Viewed 913 times ]
100_1145.jpg
100_1145.jpg [ 58.72 KiB | Viewed 913 times ]
100_1146.jpg
100_1146.jpg [ 69 KiB | Viewed 913 times ]
100_1148.jpg
100_1148.jpg [ 76.99 KiB | Viewed 913 times ]
100_1149.jpg
100_1149.jpg [ 55.81 KiB | Viewed 913 times ]
100_1152.jpg
100_1152.jpg [ 62.08 KiB | Viewed 913 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Toys
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:31 pm 

hoser wrote:
Here are pics Toyman sent he can make comments on them.

Nice toys!

The top pic. is my 78 Suzuki GS-1000E. This bike runs a 11.1 sec. 1/4 mile in stock form.

The second is my 96 Kaw. Vulcan Classic 1500. This is a fun cruiser.

The truck is one of good friend's (almost restored) 51 F-100 with a built Buick Nailhead coupled to a Turbo 400 auto. This is a real head turner at the local drive-in shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:15 pm 

You are the toyman!
Thanks for sharing - excellent pics

Yeah that's the GS alright.
The vulcan is a couch with wheels. Nice and big and mushy.
That truck is SWEEEEEEEEEET

Here is the pic of the buell - of done some changes to the air induction. I got rid of the big air boxes and put on a magna charger cover with working butterfly. Looks cool. I post a new one once I take it.

Attachments:
File comment: buell x1 1999
buell x1.jpg
buell x1.jpg [ 63.48 KiB | Viewed 1044 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:47 am 

cafercr35 wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

By the way Mudbogger - I'm in sussex county - I ride my quad very with 20 min of my home on some small trails - also do the pilot thing with some boys on the site in PA.......my thought: y not hook up and ride with us - being your so close.

NO WAY-I live right down 206-my company has been doing a road project in Sussex right on 206 by Byram.Would love to hook up for trail ride, Pilot ride, got my 350x 3 wheeler I can trail ride with ya, can I call you by chance?PM me when your available for a chat-thank!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:39 am 

cafercr35 wrote:
You are the toyman!

Here is the pic of the buell - of done some changes to the air induction. I got rid of the big air boxes and put on a magna charger cover with working butterfly. Looks cool. I post a new one once I take it.

Your pictures are excellent and your scooters are very clean.

I've never rode a Buell but have read that these are lots of fun to run twisty canyon rodes on. The short wheelbase & torquey twin makes them fun wheelie machines to.

I'll only push my bikes over on their side so far before I get nervous about sand on the road. I love to push them to the limit through the gears down the straightaways though. I'm looking into a Road King to replace the Vulcan someday.

The pickup is not mine but I would certainly enjoy owning it. She has enough cam to shake you up and the headers to Flowmasters make music to the ears. The Mustang II front end smooths out the ride. Its' got a super cool look with some mild customizing and lowered stance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:34 am 

Toyman wrote:
cafercr35 wrote:
You are the toyman!

Your pictures are excellent and your scooters are very clean.

I've never rode a Buell but have read that these are lots of fun to run twisty canyon rodes on. The short wheelbase & torquey twin makes them fun wheelie machines to.

I'll only push my bikes over on their side so far before I get nervous about sand on the road. I love to push them to the limit through the gears down the straightaways though. I'm looking into a Road King to replace the Vulcan someday.

The pickup is not mine but I would certainly enjoy owning it. She has enough cam to shake you up and the headers to Flowmasters make music to the ears. The Mustang II front end smooths out the ride. Its' got a super cool look with some mild customizing and lowered stance.

oh yell buell is tons on fun. stand on the back pegs and touch the throttle and straight up she goes. My R6 six is sweet in the turns but the buell - u just hang out your knee and down, down down down.

It ain't so bad - as long as get all geared up with the leather, sliding out on a turn is like falling on your bicycle. I think the bike usually gets the blunt of it. It's the guys in the jeans and t's that get all that road rash.

Road king is "the road king" personally I'm shooting for a Ultra classic next. All the goodies - throw the wife on back and off we go.
Oh yeah, the wife has a buell Blast 492. It's like a moped on steriods. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:31 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Sweet ride, you gonna go with S&S power?I like the right side drive, what size primary you going with?
Rear swinger is sweet, love the lines on the tins BTW!!
GOOD LUCK on the project.

Here's another powder coater local. I used him 2x. Not as good as geargia, but good enough that I would go back to him again.

BMF
100 Poinier St
Newark NJ 07114
973-623-4254

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:25 pm 

Thanks Bro-I'll call him for some parts I have like seat frame, etc.I apprec it greatly!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:29 am 

I have decided to go with a dual carb set up on the 120" v-Twin.

I am torn between a mikuni set up and a weber set up. The tech I've spoken with have said the mikunis are very tempramental.

Does anyone have any experience with either these carbs?

WEBER or MIKUNI that is the question:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:44 am 

i think the webers are side draft correct? i ran dual webers on the vw Engine, and man simple to adjust and syncro, also weber is german made were mikuni is jap made, weber probbaly higer quality but may be wrong, my .02 stick the webers on it....

Post subject: Carbs.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:47 am 

I'm by no means an expert in this field but have had the best luck with Keihin carbs. but they have always been on 2 strokes.

I'm getting very serious about moving up to a '06 Ultra Classic HD with fuel injection. These are pretty sweet!

Anyone looking for a nice 1500 Vulcan Classic? I'll have one for sale soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 am 

bugpac wrote:
i think the webers are side draft correct? i ran dual webers on the vw Engine, and man simple to adjust and syncro, also weber is german made were mikuni is jap made, weber probbaly higer quality but may be wrong, my .02 stick the webers on it....

Yes weber seems to be the way to go. The only other carb I'm lookin at now is the S&S. Still doesn't seem to be a s popular.