Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:26 am 

Hello All,

Well I'm binging toys out of hibernation after about 6 maybe 7 years , Question to you all is about oil?, crankcase, tranny, fuel what is everyone using for the 350.
Thanks in advance,

Odysseyfreek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:51 pm 

Hello. Sounds like your toys had a good nap. I have two FL350's. I did my homework before I settled on which oils to use in my Odysseys. Randy at OdysseySalvage.com suggested Motul 800 for the tranny and crankcase,hes a very knowledgeable guy and has been reccommended to me by guys that post here. I know some racing guys like Motul. Some of the guys here use the Honda HP2 2-cycle motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) oil for the fuel mix. that's what I am currently using. I've not had any long term experience with the oils that I have mentioned but I am comfortable with the suggestions. Good luck with the Odysseys. Post some pics of your toys, WE LIKE PICS. Oh and my Odysseys are mostly stock except a "little pipe gutting" and I have had good luck with 87 octane, both run good at Little Sahara on 87 with a 32:1 mix of Honda HP2.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:39 pm 

odysseyfreek wrote:
Hello All,

Well I'm binging toys out of hibernation after about 6 maybe 7 years , Question to you all is about oil?, crankcase, tranny, fuel what is everyone using for the 350.
Thanks in advance,

Odysseyfreek

How and where were they stored?

How were they setup for storage?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:20 pm 

that's a long nap. I have been using 10W-40 for both the crankcase and transmission. Have not done any hard riding yet though so I am not sure if I will stick with that or not. The newer synthetic 2-stroke oils are supposed to be great and can run at 32:1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:03 pm 

Thanks for the reply's and suggestions..

Hoser,
They were stored rather hap-hazardly..Parents retired 12 years early, toys were on there property in Vages had to move them rather qyuickly. They were stored outside and covered, drained tanks and carbs, toped off tranny and crankcase with fluid, and that's it..

thanks

Odysseyfreek
(Jim)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:22 pm 

odysseyfreek wrote:
Thanks for the reply's and suggestions..

Hoser,
They were stored rather hap-hazardly..Parents retired 12 years early, toys were on there property in Vages had to move them rather qyuickly. They were stored outside and covered, drained tanks and carbs, toped off tranny and crankcase with fluid, and that's it..

thanks

Odysseyfreek
(Jim)

So they were stored in a dry area?

How does the inside of the gas tank smell?

Can you see any rust in the bottom of the tank?

At the very least I would pull the carbs and float bowls to see if their is a thin layer of dried out gas inside (post pics if you can)

Any chances mice or other varmints could have got into the intake or exhaust and built a nest, I guess wasp could be a concern also.

The right thing to do would be to go through the entire fuel systems, remove all the lines and flush with carb cleaner and blow out with compressed air, depending on the tank condition it might need pulled and flushed also, then inspect the intake and exhaust systems from one end to the other to ensure nothing is inside, pull the spark plug roll then Engine over by turning the clutch feel and listen is it smooth? Hopefully no rust is inside the Engine.

The list of things to do is very long I will type out more later and include flushing the brake system.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:00 am 

So they were stored in a dry area?

How does the inside of the gas tank smell?

Can you see any rust in the bottom of the tank?

At the very least I would pull the carbs and float bowls to see if their is a thin layer of dried out gas inside (post pics if you can)

Any chances mice or other varmints could have got into the intake or exhaust and built a nest, I guess wasp could be a concern also.

The right thing to do would be to go through the entire fuel systems, remove all the lines and flush with carb cleaner and blow out with compressed air, depending on the tank condition it might need pulled and flushed also, then inspect the intake and exhaust systems from one end to the other to ensure nothing is inside, pull the spark plug roll then Engine over by turning the clutch feel and listen is it smooth? Hopefully no rust is inside the Engine.

The list of things to do is very long I will type out more later and include flushing the brake system.[/quote]

Hoser
They where stored in a very dry area. About 115 degress or warmer in the summer, winter down to below freezing.
havnt loooked into the tanks yet.
A pretty good chance of black widows and scorpions in exhaust.
will blow out lines, maybe flush tanks and carb.

Thank for the reply. Hopefully I can get to them this weekend.

Odysseyfreek
Jim