Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FL350 project #2
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:05 pm 

Picked up another 350 last weekend, it is in pretty good shape. It has been garage kept and completely gone through and inspected. It has a new top and bottom end. Pretty good place to start from. Its all stock expect for a comet 94c clutch. I will be adding a liquid cooled head, new maxxis razr tires and douglas rims, pipe, intake box mod, 39 mm carb, cht egt and rpm gauges, and probably works shocks. I am still debating if I need the shocks or not, but everyone seems to think that they are the best addition that can be made. Take a look :

It was a lot cleaner, but my donuts in the backyard have mucked it up a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:03 am 

Nice bike,you did good on that one.I'm jealous. Seat, seatbelts, and other parts look like new. Bike was definately garaged for most of its life or had a vigorous resto. I noticed the headlights were relocated. Im wondering if this will impead the airflow to the red air scoops. The front fenders were designed to route air to the scoops. Notice the fins on the front fenders. Might need to relocate. Just a thought. Zac and I might be taking our 350's up to Cross Bar Ranch is Davis Oklahoma. Its about an hour and a half from us. 6000 acres to ride, whew, better put new batts in the GPS.

Some cool pics of the ranch
http://www.jacobsatvadventures.com/Cros ... Ranch.html

Heres thier website
http://www.crossbarranch.com/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:06 am 

I noticed the headlights as well. I had planned to move them but they seem to be mounted through the frames hex nuts instead of using the usual mount. I may leave them intact as this will open up room for the gauges that I would like to add on the bar where the lights normally are located. Now I just need to get the other one finished so I can take a trip like your as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:18 am 

hey stix let me know what you think of that place. let me know if you think the fl250 would go ok there.

thanks

OMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:43 pm 

Curtis, from the pics of the ranch it looks like the 250 should hold up well, what do you think? Zac has plans for this weekend so I am not sure if we are going yet. If he can work his plans around the ride we will surely go. Also I caught a bug, hopefully it will be gone by the weekend. I will keep you posted if we go down, maybe you could follow us down or meet up there. I have never been but looks like a lot of land to ride on...Marc

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:59 pm 

i don't think this weekend will be good for me. but please keep me informed.

Curtis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:27 pm 

Nice find! I wouldn't worry about the lights position and air flow, it will be fine...especially if you are going to add liq cooling.

my 2 cents,
Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:30 pm 

Yeah, I talked to hillside yesterday and their heads will take about three weeks to order, I want to start modding asap but I guess I will wait, their heads seem to be the best. My douglas .190's and new tires are already on the way from rockymountainatv.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:42 pm 

mike25 wrote:
Yeah, I talked to hillside yesterday and their heads will take about three weeks to order, I want to start modding asap but I guess I will wait, their heads seem to be the best. My douglas .190's and new tires are already on the way from rockymountainatv.com

You want to sell your old stock front rims?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:50 pm 

Keep the front rims as they handle better, If you sell them I would like second dibs on them!!! (if Hoser doen't want them)

Looking at the shocks you have they have either been powder coater a funky blue, or been replaced with another brand??? Progressive made a less than perfect shock, and www.odysseysalvage.com sells an off brand "baja" look closely on the shock for makers sticker...
My opinion is that it wound benefit you to do the mods to increase power/speed if you can'T ride comfortable or safely!!! The Works were by far the best investment!!!
My rear used to bounce quite often just in normal rough terrian so I wouldn't go fast to avoid the bounce... not with the works!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:39 pm 

The front shocks look like the stock Honda. The rear shocks are not stock for the FL350. Might be a "take off" from some quad with the same eye to eye dimensions. IMO, compare the rear suspension of this Odyssey with the rear suspension of you other Odyssey(if it has the stock rear shocks),notice any difference? You might get by with those smurf blue rear shocks until you get the Works. Just a suggestion. I agree with Nukem....since you are getting the water cooled head, the headlight placement shouldn't affect cooling.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:01 am 

hoser wrote:
mike25 wrote:

You want to sell your old stock front rims?

Nah, I will hang on to them for now. The fonts on my other oddy are beat up so I will likely swap them out. maybe use the beat up ones for spares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:10 am 

stix9567 wrote:
The front shocks look like the stock Honda. The rear shocks are not stock for the FL350. Might be a "take off" from some quad with the same eye to eye dimensions. IMO, compare the rear suspension of this Odyssey with the rear suspension of you other Odyssey(if it has the stock rear shocks),notice any difference? You might get by with those smurf blue rear shocks until you get the Works. Just a suggestion. I agree with Nukem....since you are getting the water cooled head, the headlight placement shouldn't affect cooling.

Yeah, the shocks are a little misleading. They are the stock shocks, the guy I got it from just took them apart and cleaned and painted the springs. I think he may have put them back on upside down though. either that or they are upside down on my other oddy, either way the adjustment thing on the shock is at the bottom on this one. If I do go with works, I think I will wait so I can appreciate the improvement. If I got them now I would never know why they are so great :-)

Hopefully I will be taking it out to a local sand company this weekend. They do not seem to mind weekend riders so long as you act like you have a brain.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 4&t=h&z=16

its a few 100 square acres, great for locals but not something you would want to drive hours to get to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:04 pm 

Nice ride-good luck with the both of them.If your looking for another I have some for sale :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:44 pm 

New pics :

Added Douglas .190's and a new set of carlisle turf tamers on the rear. The new tires make a night and day difference from the rounded kenda's that they replaced. I have about three times as much traction now, and the ody pulls hard. My dog thinks she should always be the center of attention.

CHT installed. I made a housing for it out of a 2" PVC cap and painted all of the mountings to match the frame. It is installed behind the right front fender. I need to touch up the paint I scratched during the install but I think it came out pretty good for $20 bucks off ebay, and works well so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:52 am 

Hey,and you cleaned it too

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:54 pm 

What did you pay for it and was it located near your Home?
Criaglist by chance? :-)

Profile E-mail