Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Intro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:10 pm 

Hello all,

My Name is Eli I live in central Nebraska,Cozad to be exact , just wanted to give a intro. I don't have an ody yet but my 350 is getting ready to be shipped. I wish I knew of this place before I spent 3 months looking for a 350, would of saved time, and headache.
I was also wondering where all the Neb. Kan. Colo. guys ride at. I took my dirtbike to tuttle creek Kansas a couple of years ago. I meet my dad down there he is in a FSJ group. But besides that I only know of little sahara. Is there a local group I can join, meetings. Anyway glad to be here and will be asking quite a few questions I'M sure. If your are in Neb. or near drop me a line.

Thanks, Eli

Post subject: Nobody?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:53 pm 

Well my intro was short so let me try Again. I'm 24 live in central Nebraska. I work for Tennaco automotive"monroes." I started riding alot about 4-5 years ago with a 79 or so Suzuki 175 enduro. I sold that later for a 83 or 84 Kawi Tecate 3. That thing was awsome! I sold that to pay for me and my wife to get married. I also am ito fish, I keep and breed Discus and other tropical fish. I am now buying a house outside of Cozad with 6 acres so I figured it was time to get back into the hobby. I am purchasing a 350 from a guy in Michigan. I am waiting for the shipping company to pick up and deliver.

Does anybody got to Tuttle Creek in KS? I also have alot of friends that go to Little sahara a couple times a year so maybe I can meet some of you down there.
Here is one of the pics the guy I'm buying this from sent me. I hope it looks just as good when they drop it off. "OK no pic, slightly computer illerate, someone care to help?"

Thanks for the great site, and hope to speak with some of you all soon.
Eli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:49 pm 

Several of go to to Little Sahara a few times a year, stay tuned here for next trip, as we just got back.

I've never heard of Turtle Creek, can you tell us about it?

I'm in Denver, Colorado, "Nuke em" is in Cheyene, Joeodyrider is in western Colorado. Not many places in Colorado that are good for buggy riding, except maybe North Sand Hills, near Walden Colorado.

Post subject: Tuttle creek
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:09 pm 

Tuttle creek is just north of Manhattan KS. It's a state orv aera. Alot of trucks and rockclimbing, but there are also alot of trails and hills intertwining through woods and trees and brooks. Granted it's been about 3 or 4 years since i've been there. There was also a partially dried up lake to ride around. Most trails are wide enough for trucks to get around. I am going to talk my father into getting his 2 250's rumming and go down there for a few days, when my 350 comes in. I will ask my dad if he has some picks of his last FSJ meeting. If he has some still I will post or email what I can of terrain and views. He's also been to land between the lakes and said that Kansas is way better, in his opinon.

Eli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:08 pm 

Dennis or FL670R is from NE

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:00 pm 

Welcome to the site and to the sport!

I would like to know more about this Turtle Creek riding area since I have been to Land Between The Lakes and although there was only one 7 mile loop (If I remember correctly!) if this place is "better" it may be a good stoping point on a drive out west! Any pics or links too would be awsome!

As far as adding a picture to your post,

1) Go to the "Add an Attachment" and click browse
2) Find the picture you want to post and click open
3) Narrate the picture in the "File Comment" section below the browse section
4) Click "Add Attachment" box
5) Hope to hell Hoser got it fixed and it doesn't throw up a error message! :-)
6) Enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:30 pm 

I live in manhattan and your in luck. I have a fl250 and a fl350. I have been to the orv riding area @ tuttle creek 5 or 6 times. its alright if you like rock climbing. Milford by Junction City is way better. Since you are new to the pilot odyseey community Ill give you a few pointers. First off buy a service manual and second visit odysseysalvage.com Belive me you will need it. Randy at this website is a great guy who will usually have any part that you would need. And also he sells performance parts and trust me after a while you will want some upgrades. As far as number of people that have fl350 odysseys in Kansas there are probably less than 10. This summer I hope to have my fl350 rebuilt with a complete water cooled cylinder and head set up that I am designing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Hello all
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:31 pm 

Yes I called Randy at odyssey salvege every week for a month looking for a 350. I finally found one on his for sale site. On the tuttle creek deal, I have been there once, I had a great time except for ignorance. I mixed my gas the night before and had it in the truck. The next morning I took of in a different way then everyone else, I wanted to check out the river bed. I got about a mile and a half out, and ran out of gas pushed my clay packed motorcycle about a half mile back and gave up. Finally someone came by and picked me up and took me to the meeting grounds. Yes it is mainly geared for 4x4's but there were alot of trails. I personally have nothing to compare it to. My father said it was a lot more agressive then tbtl, but he is also mostly a 4x4 Jeep guy. I found some picks and info by searching Tuttle creek orv. I know there are a few dune buggy in the aera because on a ride I found 2 VW hubcaps in different parts of the trail. I will try to get some pics from him, I know he has alot of video, not sure how many pics.
I appricate the replys, I was really worried about getting a 350 and the problems associated with them, I didn't want to be the stupid new guy but I hope I can find help here when I do run into trouble.

Thanks,
Eli

Post subject: Nebraska Riders
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:37 pm 

Eli

Welcome to the Group

My name is Dennis, I live in Lincoln, NE and I have a couple of FL400 Pilots...

Since you are in Cozad you are only 90 miles south of one of the biggest riding areas in the entire mid-west.

Nebraska National Forest 140,000+ acres located near Halsey Nebraska.
I've only been there one time (many years ago)
The place is HUGE... only problem is some of the trails and jump-ups are limited to 50" wide

Currently the entire Forest is open for travel but the Tree-Huggers are trying to pass legistation to ban travel everywhere execpt for some specific ATVR trails (expect it by end of summer)

The place is mostly primitive as far as ORV usage

You will soon learn (if you haven't already) Nebraska is totally backwards when it comes to OHV and ATv's - You should join NOHVA - Nebraska Off Highway Vehicle Association to keep up with the latest news about our hobby...

www.nohva.com
www.halseytrails.com

I also travel to Tuttle and Milford lakes in Kansas but only to Fish, I knew Milford had a small ride area but I didn't know anything about Tuttle's area - I was told by others that these ride areas were very small and NOT Odyssey/Pilot friendly - ie they are to narrow
So your saying I got some bad info ?
(PS - I'm heading down tomorrow with boat to chase some Wipers)

I and another plan on making a trip out to Halsey one of these upcomming weekends to check the place out better. Your more than welcome to join us.

There has also been talk of a BIG western ride where a group of us hit some of the bigger ride areas in NE, WY, UT and CO.

Hope you can join us.

You can shoot me an email mailto:dennis@mindvision.com
if you want to chat off line

Later
Dennis

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Nohva
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:43 pm 

Thank you Dennis for the information and links. I didn't even know about Nohva. Or the title law. When all is done with the new house and move I would love to try to get a trip or two in this year.

The time I spent in Tuttle creek was on the ORV trails and on most of them if not all, were wide enough for Jeeps and other rock and trail rigs. Unless it has changed I think a pilot would be fine. Key word is "think." There are quite a few steep hils, water crossings, some of which are deep, and alot of limestone shelves. I will try to get down there soon and see if it still the same. If anyone is interested in going, please check to make sure it has not changed. I don't want to have to stick my foot in my mouth, and make enemies for saying it is something is no longer is.

Eli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:17 am 

First off welcome to the world of oddy's and pilots.A discus lover heh,i used to have tons of them too,pigeon bloods,torquise,red torqiuse,german cobalts,wattleys etc. = too much work ! I bred them for awhile a couple of different times over the years and they are the coolest freshwater fish around but are exspensive and very exspensive too keep up with.So you are raising discus and newly married and want to get into the exspensive oddy's and pilots ? hang on cause your going to be one broke mother :shock: just messin around with ya :-) whatever your problem ,you will most likely get the answers from the guys here. Have fun and save your pennies the mrs. will want a pilot next :-) here is a pic of my fl350 as of now. sorry i guess it wont let me put the pic on ?

Profile E-mail