Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:50 pm 

Nice video, reminds me of Ocotillo Wells.

You get that axle from Liewire?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:52 pm 

I wish I would have had the camera on the day before when I was chasing a long travel rhino and keeping up with it!!! We made about 6 laps and I could have passed him a few times, but was happy just chasing.. I should have asked his co-driver to film me while they chased me??? next time!!!

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
Build the axle myself? or the link in the rear???

The much awaited video!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBOMrKEabCA

you will love the credits at the end!!!!!!

Great video, 2x longer than a MI flat track race... I like the credits and the plug for PilotOdyssey.com on the front bumper!

Painful ending I am sorry it ended that way and so soon, looks like you were on the way to making a good video.

You saving these clips on DVD?

::-:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:55 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
Nice video, reminds me of Ocotillo Wells.

You get that axle from Liewire?

I bet if we put our Hoserite forces together we could bllame it on HIM!!!

No wait a minute that is what these knuckle heads do...LOL
I am sure they are already blaming my front end problems on my bad axle... after all how can I adjust the front when the rear is/was bad???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:13 pm 

Ouch, that's a bummer, but atleast you didnt damage the any of the internals or gas tank.. ya know, the big parts.

I swear I must be one of the only 350 owners that has great stock shocks and stronger than **** axles. I jump mine all the time I go out and have never once broken an axle. Must be around 70 or 80 jumps this year alone that were higher than 10ft.

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:38 pm 

Twilight wrote:
Ouch, that's a bummer, but atleast you didnt damage the any of the internals or gas tank.. ya know, the big parts.

I swear I must be one of the only 350 owners that has great stock shocks and stronger than **** axles. I jump mine all the time I go out and have never once broken an axle. Must be around 70 or 80 jumps this year alone that were higher than 10ft.

You should go knock on wood!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:38 pm 

Twilight wrote:

Knock on wood heh

Now would be a good time for you to install the links on yours so you remove stress from the joints and to preserve your shocks.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:21 pm 

I lubed up where the controls arms are on my rear before I ride. Something my dad always told me to do. Kind of an extra helping hand..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:28 pm 

Twilight wrote:
I lubed up where the controls arms are on my rear before I ride. Something my dad always told me to do. Kind of an extra helping hand..

And the lubing as what to do with the arm pulling out (trying to stretch)on the axle?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:31 pm 

All I was adding is that maybe it helps the suspension when the bloody thing is together!? Its good to lube suspension points!!! There that more clear!?

Jesus Christ. Say one thing and its like a freaking interrogation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:47 pm 

Speak quietly or we'll have to get the thumb cuffs out.....

Seriously though, what does lubing the suspensi. have to do with old worn out u-joints?

When you think about it though, even adding a link won't do much good in the long run since the 350 wasn't really designed to be jumped heavily, the transmission has no buffer for the shock when you land, it's only a matter of time before the trans goes.

I hope when you lube the suspension you wipe all of the excess off completely, excess grease will accelerate the wear and tear when it starts attracting dirt, dust and sand.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:00 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:

Seriously though, what does lubing the suspensi. have to do with old worn out u-joints?

When you think about it though, even adding a link won't do much good in the long run since the 350 wasn't really designed to be jumped heavily, the transmission has nu buffer for the shock when you land, it's only a matter of time before the trans goes.

I hope when you lube the suspension you wipe all of the excess off completely, excess grease will accelerate the wear and tear when it starts attracting dirt, dust and sand.....

My vote goes for using the comet clutch lube since its a dry lube.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:25 pm 

If you look closely at most sand cars they don't even use the nylon lined heims, no grease what-so-ever. The heims are considered a sacrificial part that's replaced at least every other year at least.

Grease or nylon will hold the sand and dirt in the joint and wear them out in short order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:43 pm 

hoser wrote:
Ody_Stable wrote:

When you think about it though, even adding a link won't do much good in the long run since the 350 wasn't really designed to be jumped heavily, the transmission has nu buffer for the shock when you land, it's only a matter of time before the trans goes.

My vote goes for using the comet clutch lube since its a dry lube.

I ;like my pb blaster!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:46 pm 

The axles were next on my list of mods/restore... I have been to busy trying to get my front end riteI have fallen behind my schedule...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:14 pm 

If they were originals 22 years is good, time for new not rebuilt.

Now I need to shut my mounth and go find some wood to knock on since we have 2 sets to keep an eye on......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:23 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
If they were originals 22 years is good, time for new not rebuilt.

Now I need to shut my mounth and go find some wood to knock on since we have 2 sets to keep an eye on......

No I will not rebuild these... I will get two new ones and keep my remaining good one as a spare... the other will be used to mock up a longer version and possibly a longer travel version... (not for jumping but for major whoops) the works shocks when set rite really do well on the whoops!!!
Someone told me they ride hard at a place that has 4-6 foot jumps every 100 yards... lmao I am going thru whoops 4 foot at every 6 yards!!! I ride better at full speed than going easy thru them!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:47 pm 

I would rebuild and keep for spare so the an entire weekend isn't ruined if one breaks, you could take it easy for rest of trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:20 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
I would rebuild and keep for spare so the an entire weekend isn't ruined if one breaks, you could take it easy for rest of trip.

I doubt this is salvageable...
I didn't have time to take this apart. I was concerned with the shock removal so I could find a place to stop and send to works. I am hoping they can rebuild just the one with new parts!!! If not then I will replace with the acr dampening to match the fronts... I can't say enough good things about the WORKS Brand and the nice people there!!!! Go directly to them for excellent customer service instead of dealing with drop shippers!!!

Attachments:
File comment: a few pics of the cable that was SUPPOSED to save my shock... I see where the plastic coating cut and the cable just pulled thru...
snowsucks001.JPG
snowsucks001.JPG [ 42.55 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]
File comment: I will replace with uncoated cable or weld on the links???
snowsucks002.JPG
snowsucks002.JPG [ 49.17 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]
File comment: just laying there taunting me???
snowsucks003.JPG
snowsucks003.JPG [ 45.85 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]
File comment: broke the end off the shaft...
snowsucks004.JPG
snowsucks004.JPG [ 51.1 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]
File comment: I am hoping the springs aren't damaged, or the tube...
snowsucks005.JPG
snowsucks005.JPG [ 52.48 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]
File comment: here is the other side. Just had this one rebuilt from a bad seal...
snowsucks006.JPG
snowsucks006.JPG [ 54.28 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:27 pm 

the stub side is damaged beyond repair... I am hoping to be able to use this as material for a longer axle later on... cut this in half cut off knuckles and then use as a filler toput inbetween new assembly...

Attachments:
snowsucks007.JPG
snowsucks007.JPG [ 29.36 KiB | Viewed 1949 times ]
snowsucks008.JPG
snowsucks008.JPG [ 29.54 KiB | Viewed 1949 times ]
snowsucks009.JPG
snowsucks009.JPG [ 39.52 KiB | Viewed 1949 times ]
File comment: I kinda micky moused this to see if it would roll down trailer better, but it lasted about 18 inches...
snowsucks010.JPG
snowsucks010.JPG [ 52.39 KiB | Viewed 1949 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:57 pm 

Here are some shots of my gps after the poofkuboom...

There is included in the miles about 2.5 mile I walked back to the truck, and another 2 miles that I drove the truck back to get the odyssey... so about 11 miles total on gps - 4.5 miles walking/truck so about 6.5 miles in the 8 or so minutes of film time... I don't know how to do the math???

Also haven't figured out gps to separate the colors... yellow is overshadowed by the blue, which was thursday running... I guess I'll have to delete the blue so I can see the yellow...
This was only the tip of the iceburg the trails went for miles to the east, and south!!! I will return to this place with new axles!!!

Attachments:
gps-3.JPG
gps-3.JPG [ 41.96 KiB | Viewed 1943 times ]
File comment: long yellow line is where I took the truck past the entrance, and u-turned...
gps-4.JPG
gps-4.JPG [ 21.73 KiB | Viewed 1943 times ]
File comment: short yellow line is where I cut across to get back to truck...
gps-5.JPG
gps-5.JPG [ 30.06 KiB | Viewed 1943 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Safety strap
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:31 pm 

This is how I've done the 350s of mine.

Never have tested it as I've never broke an axle "yet".

I've done some very serious jumping with both of mine.

I will take some of the credit by knowing how to land with correct tire speed.

Attachments:
100_0704 (WinCE).JPG
100_0704 (WinCE).JPG [ 18.28 KiB | Viewed 1890 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:44 pm 

Yes Toyman I kinda copied your post but My mistake was using plastic coated wire trying to avoid rust issues... the clamps didn't hold the wire just cut thru the plastic... that's what I get for thinking??? LOL

Attachments:
File comment: here is how other side still looks...
snowsucks006.JPG
snowsucks006.JPG [ 54.28 KiB | Viewed 1886 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:20 pm 

OK Bored here at truckstop so I filmed the replay from my gps... no oscar nomination, but I have already had my 15 minutes of fame several times over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IwqYe_ZFhw

This will replay the same as I ran when I broke my axle!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:43 pm 

I sent my Shocks off last week to Works Shocks. They recieved them Friday afternoon. I got a call today and they already had them repaired and refurbished!!! I only sent the parts that were nessisary and I didn't send bolts, rubber bushings for rezzie to fram mounting clamps for rezzies etc. Well to my surprise they had all the parts I didn't sent replaced and wrapped up ready to ship!!! Even went thru the good side I sent just for them to have incase they needed for rebuilding my broken one...
All for What I feel is a good price of $250.00 I am impressed by the fast service and just flat out common courtesy these guy's have!!!
I will start a project thread when I get my axles and all to finish putting this back together...
I also should have my refurbished Digitron unit sitting at home after they re-programed the unit. It was originally set up for a sled, and this is why I was having so many problems with it... Again with in a wek of receiving this they had this done and out the door!!!
I just thought I would post up about the GOOD VENDORS available out there since I have had such crappy luck with one in particular... Why is it every other dealer/vendor I deal with is so willing to help me??? :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:39 am 

Quote:
Why is it every other dealer/vendor I deal with is so willing to help me???

They understand the basic concept of customer service and a happy customer = MO MONEY?

Profile E-mail