Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:50 pm 

Now I attack the hole with a large drill bit, its still not center so I had to abuse the bit a little :shock: that's ok its one that came in a coffee can full of other bits I bought at a garage sale for 2 bux..

Attachments:
DSC00496.JPG
DSC00496.JPG [ 87.91 KiB | Viewed 2437 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:51 pm 

Now the hole is large enough I can use the boring bar..

Attachments:
DSC00498.JPG
DSC00498.JPG [ 99.08 KiB | Viewed 2436 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:52 pm 

Hole, time to flip it over and enlarge the other side

Attachments:
DSC00502.JPG
DSC00502.JPG [ 104.8 KiB | Viewed 2435 times ]
DSC00504.JPG
DSC00504.JPG [ 104.38 KiB | Viewed 2435 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:54 pm 

Cutting the other side

Attachments:
DSC00505.JPG
DSC00505.JPG [ 103.02 KiB | Viewed 2434 times ]
DSC00507.JPG
DSC00507.JPG [ 95.3 KiB | Viewed 2434 times ]
DSC00512.JPG
DSC00512.JPG [ 92.79 KiB | Viewed 2434 times ]
DSC00515.JPG
DSC00515.JPG [ 89.32 KiB | Viewed 2434 times ]
DSC00517.JPG
DSC00517.JPG [ 91.96 KiB | Viewed 2434 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:54 pm 

More later or tomorrow...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:43 am 

If a person can be found what about diff cc domes for quick change due to altiude on long trips, say ok to vegas to st anthoney. I had wired some machines for a guy here in wichita that at the time said he would run parts for me. Time to collect. "H' would you be willing to loan out the cool head and dome with a deposit on it for repoduction. Second anybody know if have new made would vilote copyright of lrd's. Any atternoeys out there. Did not want to get in any trouble like dizy with IRS or others. A good name for the head rework would "H-E", "Headanator", By "H". Maybe two style if reworked One for stock to second boar and one for big bore. Or just maybe a reweld insert and recut using stock hole location. Ever ask why Honda egged out the dome and put the hole there in the fist place. That would be one I think the board would be interested in. The 89 head is diff from the 90, know why. Just hopping to get the board asking before they start bolting up new heads. Baz's piston he posted is a good example of why and how it relates to dome cofiq using bolt on mods and why a shave and recut is important with modified motors flowing more air. Still thank it's cool the way you just started cutting. It's make me want to just start wrenching, you know what I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:19 pm 

The 90 head is not painted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:41 pm 

Paint, that it ya sure. I take it the cylinders are the same then as well. I swore the 89 cylinder and heard combustion chamber (cc) were diff form the 90's They accually detuned the 90 a little, compression and porting. I been wrong before so just smack me around a little and I will get out the paint, I like black. That's why I go by Probie. There goes my theroy on using the better 90 cylinder flowand matched ported with the 89 stock head for better preformance on stock piped motors. I just hate tearing things out of my note book. Thanks Stonmean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:45 pm 

adnoh wrote:
If a person can be found what about diff cc domes for quick change due to altiude on long trips, say ok to vegas to st anthoney. I had wired some machines for a guy here in wichita that at the time said he would run parts for me. Time to collect. "H' would you be willing to loan out the cool head and dome with a deposit on it for repoduction. Second anybody know if have new made would vilote copyright of lrd's. Any atternoeys out there. Did not want to get in any trouble like dizy with IRS or others. A good name for the head rework would "H-E", "Headanator", By "H". Maybe two style if reworked One for stock to second boar and one for big bore. Or just maybe a reweld insert and recut using stock hole location. Ever ask why Honda egged out the dome and put the hole there in the fist place. That would be one I think the board would be interested in. The 89 head is diff from the 90, know why. Just hopping to get the board asking before they start bolting up new heads. Baz's piston he posted is a good example of why and how it relates to dome cofiq using bolt on mods and why a shave and recut is important with modified motors flowing more air. Still thank it's cool the way you just started cutting. It's make me want to just start wrenching, you know what I mean.

My head is not a LRD, the LRD and Duncant heads were ALL made by pro design, pro design will make you the same head AND put your name on it for a slight extra charge, I think when I asked it was 20 bux a head for a name, the last time I talked to pro design, actually talked to Tom Durba of Epic designs he is the brother of the pro design guy and does all his machine work, he said he was NOT going to make any more heads when they were gone they were gone.

I have one cool head from pro design and one from duncan racing.

I will send my head out to be copied no problem, they have no interest is selling them or they would be available both duncant and LRD troll the world looking for the guy with more money than brains, sooner or later they will find one willing to buy 50 heads that's why they keep giving the number . http://pilotodyssey.com/duncanheadhtm.htm

The combustion chamber design I would use would be this one unless someone else came up with a better design.
http://pilotodyssey.com/Pilothead.htm

I need to figure out how to draw up the domes and shell for that matter and price them here http://www.emachineshop.com/

Once they were drawn up, one made and tested to ensure it was done correctly then a Pilot owner could just order one direct from emachineshop.com ? and avoid the middle man that will most likely take your money, deliver broken promises, make excuses and have no customer service?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:30 pm 

hoser wrote:
adnoh wrote:
"H" nice work. Are you basing it off of the lrd cool head that once was made for the pilot. Shame the heads are no longer avalible. Maybe LRD or "H" will have a new batch made. Still have the LRD one for mock up.

I still have the pro design cool head to model from, we need to find someone that wants to make them but as fill in work not run a huge batch unless someone wants to finance the big batch...

So anybody that knows machine shop owners the might be looking for some fill in work let me know.

I've got one who is ready to look at the head. He said no problem based on pictures and drawings I sent him,He would like to do them in lots of 10, But He will do fewer
Quanity will drive price,
Hoser, Do you want the contact info? (Your Questions or Suggestions would be smarter than Mine!!)
Just let me know how you want to handle it.

TD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:53 pm 

TD wrote:
hoser wrote:
adnoh wrote:
"H" nice work. Are you basing it off of the lrd cool head that once was made for the pilot. Shame the heads are no longer avalible. Maybe LRD or "H" will have a new batch made. Still have the LRD one for mock up.

I still have the pro design cool head to model from, we need to find someone that wants to make them but as fill in work not run a huge batch unless someone wants to finance the big batch...

So anybody that knows machine shop owners the might be looking for some fill in work let me know.

I've got one who is ready to look at the head. He said no problem based on pictures and drawings I sent him,He would like to do them in lots of 10, But He will do fewer
Quanity will drive price,
Hoser, Do you want the contact info? (Your Questions or Suggestions would be smarter than Mine!!)
Just let me know how you want to handle it.

TD

Send me his address I can send him the pro design head or I can send it to you so you can see what were dealing with then send to him ?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:56 pm 

Hoser, I think you have ashaved head of mine mabye-if so you can use it please.I'll llok here I may have 2-3 of them laying around.
GREAT WORK by the way-bravo for the thought and posting!

Profile E-mail