Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:38 am 

LOL!!!!!

gay "suckme quickly" site

you funny, me laugh long time

yes they are gay, they have circle jerk sessions all the time...LW is the head jerk off

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:07 am 

I don't like getting in the middle, but that really is a bit rediculos on both ends, as for the price, you could get these rotors laser cut for less than 20 bux each....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:47 am 

Quote:
Hare: Heres the deal on my end, Harvey asked for $60. a rotor, i told him that was too cheap lets make it $70. i added $5. for shipping and we're done

Sounds good to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:26 pm 

Thanks for the extra views. Now, onto the fun...

Cookie jar lol . With a college education you can do better, a weak attempt at best, now go hide behind your fake names and think some more.

Theres no pissing match here, spin it as you like, we all know (except the newbies, the reason for my reply) i am offering products to the group, at no profit for myself, for less than whats out there and at a willing inconvenience to myself.

Limpwire and his aftershit retardsports marked his price down the day after my post, WHY? To be a good guy? To save us Money? An accident? I think not, he is truly the one that hands have long been stuck in the cookie jar, and here is another perfect example.

Did i have them made to screw LW? not even a little, guys get over yourselves, i wouldn't waste my time to stop LW from doing anything, I would only spend time and effort to help other riders not get took by him or others or the “for profit” system.

Where were you guys before when we were talking about rotors on the board?? Oh yeah I got it, waiting and planning what to say when I made my post. PLEASE spare us, are things so dead on the “Piloteers for Profiteers” webpages that you gotta come here and try to play the same old games. It is not like that anymore at hoser’s, its the only place where you can get a straight answer without being setup for a sale. You guys suffer the long dreaded Big Fish in a Little Pond syndrome compiled with the famed “look at me” disorder and a touch of friendly greed. I feel for you and grow up

Go away OR, and by ALL means PLEASE DO get these made for us, $20. or even 40. Bugpac or Zicky, make a commitment here, now, today or tomorrow and i will cancel the rest from Harvey, here is you chance to do something good for the group, instead of hide, talk and buy friends. If it gets us a equal quality rotor at less cost, I am all for it. I would LOVE to slash that price down to $40. a rotor or less and so would harvey. btw These are not laser cut.

And what other parts can you guys help us save big bucks on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:37 pm 

Please post the contact info for laser cut rotors for 20.00. I will take 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm 

get me a dxf file and i will get all you want, i am not out to save the world, i don't plan on pulling any strings to get free cad work done....But i really don't see the need to see who can piss farther....What do you go to work for everyday hare, to donate your time and energy helping save the world? the only reason this is a no profit board is so certain members can get there hands on other peoples shit for nothing.....and the so called queer board or whatever you called it, there is no reference from live-wire or atvnut about this board.....

Im not choosing no ones side, i am not a cult member....Like i said ill say it again, get me a dxf file and i will get all you want laser cut.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:53 pm 

Did someone say free CAD work?

You're looking at about 10-15 minutes max to generate that sucker in 3D.

Hare, put me down for one and when I get it I'll whip that DXF out the same day.

Now, where do I send the money?

So, for 30 bux you can do it in stainless right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:06 pm 

nope were comparing apples to apples here...If you wanna compare apples to oranges, the ebc rotor is a far better product for the money....

I have 1 last question, why did yo drop the price hare, if you were comfortable with the 75.00 what does someone else posting it have anything to do with price....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:01 pm 

Sounds like you know your rotors, please explain why ebc rotors are better, maybe we could improve our product with your help.

How thick are EBC rotors? anybody?

I know Harvey and I am sure he has alot more hassle and time involved than he gots paid for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:00 am 

Not about thickness as much as cooling ability...Cut more holes in it and it will cool better first, use cold rolled steel minimum, as for the difference, the ebc is high carbon steel heat treated, will resist warp far better....

I am not trying to nock your product, it just seems stupid to try and insult everyone else all the time, if you are confident in your product shouldn't matter what they sell theres for....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:23 am 

I am interested in how thick the ebc rotor is , if you don't know that's ok too.

why is the high carbon steel better? just for warping?

I see that they are zinc plated as well, I thought this wasn't good for braking?

How did you learn so much about brakes and cars and stuff? We know so little about who, what, where you are, clue us in man of mystery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:51 am 

well i would imagine the rotor is as thick as stock to work with the caliper, as for the material, carbon steel is coarser and will allow for more stopping power and better feel, all the zinc is for is corrosion, and we all know a few jabs of the brake will lead to a zinc free surface were the pads wear, and you do know that different brake rotor material use different brake pads, anyhow i have just been around certain things you pickup on over the years, surely I am no brake expert at all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:00 pm 

Zicky wrote:
Quote:
Hare: Heres the deal on my end, Harvey asked for $60. a rotor, i told him that was too cheap lets make it $70. i added $5. for shipping and we're done

Looks like someone got their hand caught in the cookie jar.

Hoser wouldn't it be befitting to get the cheapest price; not tell someone that is too cheap and raise it on the community? Are there favors behind the scenes? Is this possibly benefiting Hare in the costs of future projects? Sure makes me wonder if he is out for the good of the community...

I am all for cheapest price I suggest you buy the cheapest one, Hare is a stand up guy proof of that is his willingness to be honest in public by disclosing the facts as he did, Hare could have easily just made something up and lied to everybody here.

Think about it he could have simply said "News flash I talked Harvey into lowering his prices by 10 bux" then looked like a local hero on the boards.... but no he chose to be honest with EVERYBODY

Sure looks to me that he is out for the good of this community when he is honest and open.

Thanks for making everybody aware that Hare was being a stand up guy and honest too many often miss this important fact about him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:01 pm 

Thanks for that hoser, proof is in the sales, 10 of these disc have been sold and only praise.

I stopped posting cause Bugpac's last post just about sums it all up, he is NO EXPERT.
The way I see it is that hes a pissed off and scared little girl talking big while hiding behind a keyboard. The majority of his posts are trying to manipulate anyone naive enough to listen him set up shots for LW to dunk. he has to come here for a crowd and to use our info cause their piloteer board isn't generating enough revenue for them. Otherwise he wouldn't hide by changing screen names every cpouple of years and HE actually would be providing help and services to US instead of repeating a bunch of one liners and tech talk he heard other people say before still all the while not quite getting it.

I know who you are and that your buddy knows exactly how thick the rotors are because he has them sitting at his house ( sorry I meant "Store") guess that means they are way THINNER than OEM or Harvey's rotors.

BTW most racing preformance rotors (even EBC's) are made from low carbon steel, you guys are mutts.

HMM Let's help the masses, I think we will start listing these on ebay.

Actually I am feeling motivated enough to start using MY dealer discount to offer Ody Pilot products to our verified crew members at bottom line prices (read no profit :-) ). If I do this I may need someone to help as a shipper or front man, I am and will be too busy to deal with it, anyone interested?

You can post here or PM me, no smoke and mirrors on this end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:12 pm 

Hare you are all wrong buddy, i don't give 2 shits what lw has for sale, If the only way you can get respect is to knock down someone else and call them names, so be it.....And the ebc rotor is high carbon steel btw....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:19 pm 

Hare, funny thing is the new quicke site did exactly what they intended, they got you to drop your price.....Its a shame you guys cant all play together....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:52 pm 

bugpac wrote:
Hare, funny thing is the new quicke site did exactly what they intended, they got you to drop your price.....Its a shame you guys cant all play together....

Hmmm sounds like you were in on the whole deal...

Win win for everybody since everybody dropped their prices! too bad LW was gouging the group until Hare fixed it, thanks Hare once again we owe you!

Learn your history before you make comments like you have, we use to all play together until LW changed all that with his LIES , greed and shitty customer service! like it not its a fact, if you go to my old site and do some reading you will see just how dumb he is and how poor of a designer fabricator he is, he talks a good game from the keyboard but the end results of his products show exactly what the guy is and is capable of, you might see a better product now that's not what I am talking about I am talking about the parts and services he sold my friends then lied about, and would not correct the problems with. http://pilotodyssey.com/shocking.mpg

I STRONGLY suggest you do your homework and spend about 30-40hrs reading about the group history of this before you reply, in the past other mutts have come here to run their mouths about something they didnt know and took a real beating lol, those of us that lived the history your about to respond to will not let you off easy if you don't take the time to learn about what your about to comment on... Again read the facts don't listen to what others tell you they are trying to save face.

Thanks again Hare for being a stand up guy and being honest about your efforts to bring us brake disc, I wish I could say the same about the other vendor that takes our money lol

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 pm 

bugpac wrote:

Are you in Ohio now, we noticed your ip comes back form Ohio not Michigan like in the past, we also noticed their are 12 other post from Ohio not Michigan....

No doubt their is a honest explanation to all of this and many would like to hear it.

Attachments:
bugpacip.jpg
bugpacip.jpg [ 84.11 KiB | Viewed 1334 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:01 pm 

High carbon ?? where do you get your info? oh that's right your not an expert, but it sure sounded like your trying to sound like an expert.

Well i am expert enough to look at their catalog and read, and there it states their racing calipers are NOT made from high carbon steel, please explain that.

From what I have seen in 25 years of riding and racing are that most rotors are not made from high carbon steel, mid or low carbon maybe, things like springs and stuff are high carbon, most rotors are made from cast iron (yes high in carbon), the reason they use a harden steel and not high carbon steel is that they would be cracking constantly.

The rest is a rant;

Oh yes they have more carbon content than mild steel, but again I am here open to info from anybody that really knows what they are talking about. From the looks of it that ain't you. Shit, your so scared you have to hide like a little bitch, you can't even say who you are or how you think you know so much ( like I asked before and you chose to ignore). Mutt

So again, where is your info coming from and why can't you tell us? If you know little to nothing about EBC why do you pump them or care? Why won't you help us by telling us how thick they are? Mutt

Is you skirt blowing up in your face? Are your panties all wadded up your crack, PMS hormones are kicking hard, you wet yourself and got pissed off at the world just like the rest of the sorority once a month? I think all of the above. Mutt

I am super hard on brakes, a set a pads will last me a race. I know the 2 EBC rotors I have bought for my bikes sucked, the one on the XR600 cracked in less than a month. After that I went with OEM until Harvey started making them for us. Whats your experience? oh that's right, no comment. Mutt

In case you didn't know, what you are doing is not how men behave, we will debate a topic in public, not scared, not hiding away, not worring about hurting someone's feelings, we just wants facts, not caring about being confrontational, trust me on this one, that's how you make a better anything, discussion. Women are the ones i see that can play those little games like you guys. Everything you have said has been a behind a vail of lies and we don't need that shit. Go back over to Kiowa's and create some more fake names asking the same stupid questions design to catch newbie's naive eyes. Odyracer22, HA! You really think people are that dumb? Could i be wrong, of course, but i've seen the same game done that same way at least 5 times and I'm sure a bunch more times i never noticed, its frustrating to see other's fall prey. The same games by the same guys. Mutt

To sum up, Bugpac you are one of a group of PUSSIES!!! You and everybody else knows you are one of maybe 5 or 10 guys that live to hate hoser and steer people instead of help them. You don't need to hide, nor do they, just step up or go away forever, then its over and done. Same old shit, hide behind screen names and come here only to lie and screw with people, yep that's a ((Bad Word)). Mutt

BTW I am a FACT STATER not a name caller, sorry if the shoe fits and you don't like it. Its never too late to change, let go of your false pride, do some hard labor, help someone without benifit to you in anyway (money or stroking ego) and then you might start feeling a little better about yourself. Good luck with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:20 pm 

Hare,

Got mine last week, or should I say the wife did and she set it aside, found it today.

Looks great! I'll dig out the micrometers and make that 3D drawing in the next few days.

Thanks again for providing such a great product at a great price.

I can ship from the west coast if you'd like, right now I'm selling 5-10 items a week on eBay so shipping a few more wouldn't be a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:55 pm 

they have a coating to protect the metal, i would spray it off with brake clean or wipe down with alcohol before installing.

sweet and thanks odystable.

Most of the guys here already have them, they all paid $60. for theirs in person at ECJ, stoneman was the one to send me his used rotor soon after i asked, he got it for free, I paid for mine, if Lee wants he gets one for free and i could care less if he sold it to anybody for any amount for his donation to the cause.

are you sure you want to post it ebay? That would be a great help and be much appriciated. Yes, please.

The cad drawing should help bugpac provide them to us for $20. or even $40 out of stainless. Thanks bugpac, if you don't mind I am cool with regular steel for $20. I will take 20, the sooner the better. Mutt

personally,
I perfer the steel cause it helps disapate heat and saves on pad wear. and thanks for stepping up, I think it helps the sport in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:23 pm 

I don't really want to get into the middle of this argument, however, for the betterment of the group and the general information I can add, I'll state the following:

High carbon steel, low carbon steel, stainless steel, hot rolled, cold rolled, galvanized surfaces ...... blah, blah, blah. IMO, if you can say you have intimate knowledge of the graphs below and can use them together to design a component to fit your specific needs, then I’d say you qualify to call yourself a materials expert. If you can’t, you’re probably just repeating what others have told you. Manufacturers of commercial aftermarket replacement parts (in any industry) thrive on the fact that most people believe (and can’t disprove) the “new and improved” claims they make (at least that’s what 4 out of 5 dentists say …. lmao).

The choice of materials (and coatings for that matter) for this application can vary to extremes depending on the intended use of the component. I think I have enough technical background and experience to say that the design of this component is anything but black and white. However, keeping it simple (kiss theory) should be a very big consideration with a brake rotor.

At the end of the day, what most of us want is something that’s reliable, dependable and affordable with out the expectation that it’s going to last forever. Knowing what I know, I’d have to ask a lot of questions about a $20 brake rotor before I’d put it on my machine.

Vrroom

P.S. – Some of you know (but most probably don’t) that my background is in fabrication technology and material science. I’m always happy to assist anyone, free of charge, that’s trying to design, make and sell buggy parts on a non-profit basis.

Attachments:
TTT diagram.gif
TTT diagram.gif [ 23.24 KiB | Viewed 1265 times ]
FeC Phase diagram.gif
FeC Phase diagram.gif [ 52.09 KiB | Viewed 1265 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:39 pm 

Vrroom wrote:
I don't really want to get into the middle of this argument, however, for the betterment of the group and the general information I can add, I'll state the following:

High carbon steel, low carbon steel, stainless steel, hot rolled, cold rolled, galvanized surfaces ...... blah, blah, blah. IMO, if you can say you have intimate knowledge of the graphs below and can use them together to design a component to fit your specific needs, then I’d say you qualify to call yourself a materials expert. If you can’t, you’re probably just repeating what others have told you. Manufacturers of commercial aftermarket replacement parts (in any industry) thrive on the fact that most people believe (and can’t disprove) the “new and improved” claims they make (at least that’s what 4 out of 5 dentists say …. lmao).

The choice of materials (and coatings for that matter) for this application can vary to extremes depending on the intended use of the component. I think I have enough technical background and experience to say that the design of this component is anything but black and white. However, keeping it simple (kiss theory) should be a very big consideration with a brake rotor.

At the end of the day, what most of us want is something that’s reliable, dependable and affordable with out the expectation that it’s going to last forever. Knowing what I know, I’d have to ask a lot of questions about a $20 brake rotor before I’d put it on my machine.

Vrroom

P.S. – Some of you know (but most probably don’t) that my background is in fabrication technology and material science. I’m always happy to assist anyone, free of charge, that’s trying to design, make and sell buggy parts on a non-profit basis.

If I was going to suggest a material for a Pilot rear disc I would do like Marv at 4x4 tuff did with the long travel Pilot axles that use to be prone to breaking, take a old one and have the material used analyzed to see exactly what the original material was then go from their, the stock disc IMO seems to be the right material, maybe not the best but the right, my rear disc was well abused and 12 years old when it was first replaced.

Time will tell if the material Hare is using is good or not, people also need to keep in mind brake disc and pads are like sprockets and chains, for brakes how long they last will be up to the driver more than anything.

My rear brakes last long time now I learned how to drive, heck the only time I really use any brakes is on tight trails where I cant scrub off speed or in a panic stop.

99% of my braking is done with the front brakes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:48 pm 

Hare, in my opinion, you are acting like a 17 year old girl with all the profanity...
That leaves a bad feeling in me about you, but you are from N.J. and I have been there enough times to see that behavior first hand. That is why I refuse to take my truck or myself to that part of the country...(one bad apple theory applies here.)
Bugpac has several hundred post here and you should have read them before losing your cool...
Bugpac has never tried to sell me anything and we have coresponded several times in the P.M. section. He has always been helpful and considerate...
As far as the different I.P. addresses: I am computer illiterate, but he does drive a truck for a living as I do and he just might be in the different places using an open or wifi system???
Hare your experience and knowledge is of great use to the forums, but I have lost any respect I had for you, after reading your rantings...

Peace Out
David

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:51 am 

Not to get in the middle of things here...but I've known Hare since the first ECJ when it was only a group of 5 out in woods. Since then I've seen that Hare is the type that'll give you the shirt of his back or parts off his buggy. And Terry (Mrs Hare) will provide some excellent backwoods medical care when you get your eyes caked with MD mud.

Turbo - what I'm saying is that Hare is a good guy. I think he's from PA anyway...PilotNut and PilotMan are from NJ....OMG it's true. JK Craig/Mark. :-)