Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:38 pm 

Its no secret the trailing arms on the Pilot are a weak link first rock you hit and they are bent,
what I do is straighten them out then weld on a piece of angle iron to add strength and to
provide a skid plate to deflect rocks and such just like my Tie Rod fix http://pilotodyssey.com/tierod.htm

NOW most of your arm chair experts that hang out in the POOA comunity will tell you
the arms are the weak link and are meant to bend, probably so but my 9 years of hard testing
http://pilotodyssey.com/hosertrip.htm has shown no ill affects from either the trailing arm
mod or the tie rod mod like the arm chair experts ASSume, when these guys boast
their claims even if it sounds good or plausible please ask them to show their math
like I have done because their is all kinds of things out there that look good on paper.

Two more TESTED hoser innovations brought to you FREE by PilotOdyssey.com

NOTE please excuse the exchange between a few members and Pilothawk (darkside mutt) he has since went back and deleted all his comments and left this site with his tail between his legs.

Attachments:
rear-arm-mod.jpg
rear-arm-mod.jpg [ 27.37 KiB | Viewed 8624 times ]
rear-arm-mod1.jpg
rear-arm-mod1.jpg [ 23.52 KiB | Viewed 8624 times ]
rear-arm-mod2.jpg
rear-arm-mod2.jpg [ 24.59 KiB | Viewed 8624 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:39 pm 

These look great - I'll take two...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:45 pm 

PilotNut wrote:
These look great - I'll take two...

Thought so, the two in the pics are the only ones I could find I will dig around some more
to see if I have more, the other 2 might be in the RV, I will weld an angle on the
other one in the pic.

You need all 4 if your going to ride in the rocks like you guys have out East heh

20 bux each you pay the shipping, this is exchange I need your old arms for a core so
I can straighten and modify for the next guy...

Hoserized links.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:57 pm 

Mark just welded up mine for me. I "practiced" my welding "skills" for a bit and let the pro finish. I'll post pics when I get home. We did the front's too. The extra weight shouldn't bother the 760 Rotax ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:12 pm 

asdfg

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:12 pm 

PilotHawK wrote:
Quote:
when these guys boast
their claims even if it sounds good or plausible please ask them to show their math
like I have done

I didn't see any math in your post. I havent seen the angle iron used before, but I have seen several successful control arm repairs posted long before you posted this.

The following pics and text are courtesy of http://www.yellowdogracing.com

The math is here ----> http://pilotodyssey.com/hosertrip.htm

The use of the word "math" is just a phrase people use to get other bystanders to do a little
deeper thinking.

FIY I have post this mod many times in the past maybe you just havent seen them, I post
the details on my old board long before I performed the mod on the basket case Pilot
almost 6 years ago http://pilotodyssey.com/basket2.htm

We have all seen moskitos rube goldburg repair he tested it for what 2 to 3 hours LMAO
I had a link to the moskito repair thing on my web page since the day he post it on his page.

I can think if at least 3 other ways you can get the same result, when I can prove the
way I have been doing it is no longer a fast, cheap, strong and reliable way of repairing
the arms I will try the other ideas I have.

Other Pilot owners have my modified links on their Pilots maybe they will tell you about
them maybe they wont waste their time since you no longer own a Pilot.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:27 pm 

Again this is all just your twisted interpretation of MY great innovations I gave to the
Pilot Odyssey community, now that you and moskito have seen the idea you made
slight changes to my solution to the problem to try and look witty, some are impressed
others send me links in a email and make comments like "riding your coat tails"

See its no big deal once you seen my dual intake mod or my lower links fix, or my
tie rod fix or or my prefilter idea etc, to build on and improve my great ideas, what
would be impressive would be for you or someone else to think up something I havent
already thought up and give it to the Pilot Odyssey world!!!

Like it or NOT I have seen dozens of Pilots and Odysseys wearing most of my innovations from
coast to coast and even some outside the USA (guess I could claim world wide) you
and your minions are looking desperate in your efforts to undo the GOOD I have done
for the Pilot Odyssey community.

If you or your buddys happen to stumble onto something we can use please show
us LMAO

I can see where this is going so I will spell it out for you to save some time,
your picken shit with the chickens ("show your math") = your desperation.

Thanks for hijacking this thread with your crapola try all you want it still wont
tarnish my GREAT ideas.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:59 pm 

asdf

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:01 pm 

The angle iron is a great way to prevent the rocks from denting up the control arms which would further weaken them. You still have a weak section near the bushing that would allow for give and breakage in the event you wack a tree. When Brooks post his pics you will see that I welded angle iron on all the sides that face the front of the machine even the inside of the rear part of the A arm. Definatley a good investment for real New England rock garden riding.
For $20 that is a heck of a deal. Do you have a bunch of illegals working for you? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:09 pm 

King Kx wrote:
The angle iron is a great way to prevent the rocks from denting up the control arms which would further weaken them. You still have a weak section near the bushing that would allow for give and breakage in the event you wack a tree. When Brooks post his pics you will see that I welded angle iron on all the sides that face the front of the machine even the inside of the rear part of the A arm. Definatley a good investment for real New England rock garden riding.
For $20 that is a heck of a deal. Do you have a bunch of illegals working for you? :-)

Can you post pics of the a arms not sure I follow you, I was thinking of making mini
skid plates like the quads have for the front arms this would give you a lifting effect when
you hit them on the larger rocks heh

No illegals working here I just do them in my spare time and only wish to recover a little
of my shop cost in return, Pnuts brother is a Iron Worker he can probably find scrap
or drop offs of the angle on job sites and do them for him for free?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:53 pm 

I have no problems with the way you have modified the links, but I do have a problem when you try to make others look like a bunch of idiots, and that the ONLY place to learn anything is from you. Whether or not I still own a pilot doesn't matter. If that makes me an "armchair expert" then so be it. What does matter is the way YOU try and portray other peoples' points of view. According to you, lying and dishonesty are strong suits of the "Dark Side" and I/we/they will try and "spin" things and get off topic whenever I/we/they can. This post is not off topic, but a clear demonstration showing how YOU try to make yourself look superior to others. You have always said stand up for the little guy, and that’s what I am doing. Standing up for those of whom you speak who no longer visit this page, or aren't allowed to visit

OH MY GOODNESS, that's UNREAL! If the other sites are so good, why you come here every day and access the tech, etc?don't you and THE OTHERS HAVE YOU OWN SITES FOR YOUR TECH-your own innovations, isnt the name of your page- g2 innovations, seems you protray yourself as a tech guru on the other board THAT your a member of right?It seems to me your pulling the wool over the guys/girls eyes on that page where you are a "tech guru" making yourself look superior to them-all the time using Hosers page, board for your info and I'm guessing never telling a soul over there that "hey I got this info from Hoser, heres a link to his page".Also, it seems to me your speaking up for a certain guy who told us all he wanted out of the POOA, didn't need us,Hoser, the BS, and couldnt wait to sell/give away the FS(to a 14 yr old kid BTW) and get the hell away from us, isnt that true, but your gonna speak up for him after he basicly told everybody in the pooa to go screw-

I do not dispute the fact that you have done good for the pilot and odyssey world. But claiming you are the innovator of all of these ideas...lol. You DO have the most complete technical library on the web as far as pilots go. Most of it can be found in the manual, but there's some good stuff on your pages that can't be found in the manual. All of it "hoser innovation" I doubt it. I guess that now you have achieved world wide fame, nothing anyone else says or does is original. Its just a copy of yet another "hoser innovation" I guess you have a hard time keeping all the invention submission guys from beating your door down

YOURE RIGHT -HE DOES HAVE THE MOST COMPLETE technical section, which YOU access on a daily basis, then you go to the site where youre a "tech guru" and use it, and your fighting for those who can't/ won't come here?WTF? you access this board so much it is unreal, use it and the tech section every day-and you don't understand the MATH?WHO CARES-GO TO YOUR BOARD AND STAY AWAY-oh but that's right you can't because your gonna need the tech section to help the arm chair pilots on that other site.If most of the tech, etc can be found in the manual, why you come to this page every day, access the tech pages on the home page every day?, Im sure Hoser has a hit list on just how many time you come here and get your info, ideas for your page as well as the answers for your arm chair owners on that site you are a "tech guru" on.WHY don't YOU JUST STAY AWAY?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:32 am 

LMFAO!

Muddbogger...You tell him! Freaking idiots can't stay away and also always come to bitch! Sneak around like a kid after the cookie jar. I'm so sick and tired of this fool and the rest of his kind hanging around trying desperatly to make a point, any point meaningful or not. Saying the stupidest things over and over praying this "could be the one" that finally puts them on top of the POOA world but.......You/they have failed again, quite miserably actually! :-) There is a God, Hallelujah!

You know when people are after you, just lets you know your in front!!!

Your wife will be instructed to love you less!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:43 am 

aasd

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:16 am 

Wow I started this thread to help Pilotnut with his trailing arm ills and look where you have taken it,
thanks alot!

""I guess that's why I'm an "armchair expert"""

WE see whats going on here I didnt point fingers and name names I made a generalization
but you seem to want to point the finger at yourself I find that very strange, next week you
will be telling the world I called you a "armchair expert" this is not the first time you guys
have pulled this crapola over on the general public its sad you guys don't have something
better to do than stir up shit.

FYI I carefully worded my original post for a good reason, it is a reaction to problems I have
had in the past when discussing the same exact subjects, to save space and time I advise others
to question the "armchair experts" who like to rely on theories over actual testing, in the past
we had guys giving expert testimony about my tie rod mod and the mutt don't even own a
Pilot or Odyssey this is why I have to keep telling people "after 9 years no ill affects" and
I point to my riding trips page so they understand I am not just doing 20 laps a year in my
back yard and calling it tested, again this is all just a reaction to a problem someone
else has created its the same reason why we have rules and laws, reactions to mutts and
morons creating problems.

Where are the innovations on your web page, kinda looks like your arrogant
naming your web page G2-Innovations guess its ok for you to toot your own
horn but nobody else can say anything in public about their own innovations.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:27 pm 

More pictures...

Not found in the service manual

Attachments:
DSC00653.JPG
DSC00653.JPG [ 82.87 KiB | Viewed 8309 times ]
DSC00654.JPG
DSC00654.JPG [ 144.23 KiB | Viewed 8309 times ]
DSC00657.JPG
DSC00657.JPG [ 125.13 KiB | Viewed 8309 times ]
DSC00658.JPG
DSC00658.JPG [ 125.23 KiB | Viewed 8309 times ]
DSC00659.JPG
DSC00659.JPG [ 119.36 KiB | Viewed 8309 times ]
DSC00660.JPG
DSC00660.JPG [ 119.18 KiB | Viewed 8309 times ]
DSC00670.JPG
DSC00670.JPG [ 141.76 KiB | Viewed 8309 times ]
DSC00671.JPG
DSC00671.JPG [ 143.59 KiB | Viewed 8309 times ]
DSC00672.JPG
DSC00672.JPG [ 88 KiB | Viewed 8309 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:04 pm 

Hoser,

How much do you charge, er, take in trade for this mod X 3 of course.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:54 am 

Mudbogger your arms have been straighten and hoserized I will be shipping them back tomorrow.

I didnt do anyhting to the forward control arms other than give them a quick ride on the wire wheel to knock off 6 layers of paint...

Attachments:
DSC01892.JPG
DSC01892.JPG [ 90.58 KiB | Viewed 8253 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:05 pm 

I need to get something besides the POS 120v flux core welder I have so I can do this myself........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:11 pm 

I see some grease fittings on those rear hubs. They're not factory, correct? I didn't notice any on mine, but they could be smashed off and filled with crud and paint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:56 am 

King Kx wrote:
I see some grease fittings on those rear hubs. They're not factory, correct? I didn't notice any on mine, but they could be smashed off and filled with crud and paint.

Good eye, almost looks factory huh, the grease fitting is By hoser.. I installed it about 10+ years ago... No water or dust gets in when its full of grease, you gotta be careful when filling it will push the seals out it almost needs a bleed hole too.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:55 am 

Ody_Stable wrote:
I need to get something besides the POS 120v flux core welder I have so I can do this myself........

You can mod yours the same using a POS 120v flux core welder, the biggest problem with them 120v welders is the supply power, most shops and garages I have seen are wired as an after thought, most use 14 gauge wire, go to your main panel and run #10 wire off a NEW 20 amp breaker to a dedicated outlet setup for the welder ONLY, if you need a extension cord use only a short one made from #10 SO cord.

The duty cycle on these welders is usually 20% at best, soon as they start to act up STOP and let it cool 5 min.

Make sure you have the polarity setup for flux core wire if that's what your using.

I seen guys running theirs in the garage and wont run right, you trace the power back and they ran 100' #12 wire from the man panel to the shop... MOST the time they will not run right under this condition.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:54 pm 

Thanks Hoser for them-I apprec it greatly!!
-::

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:35 pm 

Mod performed on Mudbogger's CO. Pilot http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5496

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:46 pm 

Mod performed on Hare's assPilot http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4235

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:57 pm 

hey hoser - those hubs have a grease fitting? Was that added? i don't remember seeing those on my pilot. Did you remove the seals from the new bearings you installed so the grease can flow?

Profile E-mail