Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stonecity July8-9th
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:52 pm 

I just wanted to see if anyone was planning to attend our Budda Nationals race July 8th and 9th 2006? I'm working on the race plans as well as some other things and would like to have a tenitive idea so i can work out things.

Plans for the racing part will be

Short course / MX racing Saturday July 8th (all classes)

Woods racing for mini-buggies ????, Quads and Bikes on Sunday July 9th

Mini-buggies would run 1st on sunday morning in the woods so we can change the course to the harder course for the quads and bikes.

I need to know how many are interested in the woods race to make my plans for it. I could make it (woods for mini-buggies) work after the mx/short course races on saturday if that would make it better for any drivers. We are going to start earlier on that weekend anyway.

Please post or e-mail me if you are wanting to race. ptrailking@aol.com

Thanks
Phil Stone City Raceway
stonecityranch.com
====================================================================
Team Stoneman will be there!
Is there any bench racers , shop and trailer queens getting out of the a/c and racing this time?
Its lonely at the top

Attachments:
maxair.jpg
maxair.jpg [ 62.82 KiB | Viewed 1075 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:46 pm 

Phil has made some nice track improvements.
Anyone plan on going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:14 pm 

Stoneman wrote:
Phil has made some nice track improvements.
Anyone plan on going?

So how was it?

Who won?

Pilots hold up ok ?

Pictures?

Video?

Give it up mutt! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:52 pm 

heard it really sucked, the dust was terrible, couldnt even race, had to time laps and compare, and the jumps were terrible, know of people that went from pensylvania and carolinas, and MI some said was terrible waiste of time....

And i myself was really looking forward to making that trip one of these days, will really have to reconsider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:51 pm 

don't believe everything your told haha.
I was there and had no problems with the track at all. It was pointed out at the riders meeting that the ONE jump required you to slow down. This was no suprise. Me and my son completed both heat races wheel to wheel. No time trial. It was the other racers that suggested the time trail thing. I opted to race as I have there the past 2 yrs.
I heard one of the guys state, "you have to set the track up for the car". Does anyone else follow that reasoning? Why have the nice shocks if you never set them up for the track conditions? A shock is a terrible thing to waste. Over the past 2 yrs I have seen pilots,oddys,Dez Taz, several VW buggies,etc. race Stonecity without issue. I dunno what the guys from out of state where expecting? It is a offroad track. Sometimes its muddy, sometimes its dusty,sometimes its perfect.

(((Pics Stoneman sent me he will have to fill you in on the details.)))

Stone all you gotta do is click on the edit button for your post here and type away here or by your pics as you normally post pics.

Attachments:
000_0940.jpg
000_0940.jpg [ 88.62 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0941.jpg
000_0941.jpg [ 88.85 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0942.jpg
000_0942.jpg [ 80.23 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0943.jpg
000_0943.jpg [ 86.78 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0944.jpg
000_0944.jpg [ 101.44 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0945.jpg
000_0945.jpg [ 76.58 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0946.jpg
000_0946.jpg [ 98.49 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0947.jpg
000_0947.jpg [ 77.39 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0948.jpg
000_0948.jpg [ 86.02 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0949.jpg
000_0949.jpg [ 93.23 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0950.jpg
000_0950.jpg [ 84.67 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0951.jpg
000_0951.jpg [ 86.11 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0952.jpg
000_0952.jpg [ 94.03 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0953.jpg
000_0953.jpg [ 94.59 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0954.jpg
000_0954.jpg [ 88.66 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]
000_0955.jpg
000_0955.jpg [ 90.19 KiB | Viewed 875 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:04 pm 

"you have to set the track up for the car"

Your kidding right ROTFLMAO

What was the guy driving a FL250?

This the same track you run your 7" travel Pilots on right?

"Sometimes its muddy, sometimes its dusty,sometimes its perfect."

I learned at a early age Off-Road = dust or mud... don't like them then Off-Road is not for you...

Where is the pics I need new material!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:54 pm 

The track takes common sense and listening to me at the drivers meeting (been around this since to 70s). Like Stoneman said him and max have not had a problem. But they know how to back off it is not always who's car can go the fastest that wins. Offroad racing is techincal at some tracks i do not want a high speed corr type race track. I want the little guy with a lower budget to be able to out drive someone. As for the dust we have been dry for the last few weeks and that makes it rough right now it is starting to flood. We watered all night friday. I got 4 hours sleep in three days plus bought 41 nice plaques for this race out of my pocket and still paid back entry money And went thru 56 pizzas. Everyone else was happy and alot came back Sunday. Team stoneman has it together i cannot wait to get my car done as well as my sons to take them on. By the way bugpac have you ever owned, promoted, worked, a race track? Thanks Stoneman for your support it is always very welcome. By the way hoser there is some pics i just have no way to show them. Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:04 pm 

Also all the other classes(12 i think) plus the pilot class raced and raced very close with pass's at the line some ask for more laps. Only 4 drivers wanted time trials and i accomadated them and will not do that again. So if it sucked how come everyone else raced and no one complained except about doing the time trails (complaint was i wasted time accomodating them for that) but i tried to work with them on their dust concerns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:01 pm 

ptrailking wrote:
By the way hoser there is some pics i just have no way to show them. Phil

Phil if you can email me the pics I will post for you.

pilot400@mchsi.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:12 pm 

ptrailking wrote:
The track takes common sense and listening to me at the drivers meeting (been around this since to 70s). Like Stoneman said him and max have not had a problem. But they know how to back off it is not always who's car can go the fastest that wins. Offroad racing is techincal at some tracks i do not want a high speed corr type race track. I want the little guy with a lower budget to be able to out drive someone. As for the dust we have been dry for the last few weeks and that makes it rough right now it is starting to flood. We watered all night friday. I got 4 hours sleep in three days plus bought 41 nice plaques for this race out of my pocket and still paid back entry money And went thru 56 pizzas. Everyone else was happy and alot came back Sunday. Team stoneman has it together i cannot wait to get my car done as well as my sons to take them on. By the way bugpac have you ever owned, promoted, worked, a race track? Thanks Stoneman for your support it is always very welcome. By the way hoser there is some pics i just have no way to show them. Phil

read my post again, i said i heard, it is a 7 to 8 hr drive for me, obviously i will take into consideration what i hear, i didnt say you or your tracked sucked, i said i heard the weekend race sucked, if you took offense to that sorry, surely none was meant, and no i have never owned ran or managed a track....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:57 pm 

The weekend race was a huge success the only complaints we had was from a small group of mini-buggy drivers. As Stoneman said they had no problem. I have no problem with you but i do have problem with people who have been told something can bit them slow down a use common sense. Then do not listen Out of a very nice crowd they were the only one complaining so i se that as a huge success. I tried to work with them to make it fun for them and agreed to time trials against the advice of all my track workers. If the weekend sucked for them i cannot help that we tried hard for them and could do no more. I have been around racing since the 70s (a long time) and i never went a badmouthed a track when i had a bad weekend and i have had a few including flipping and totaling my car. some times its good sometimes its not so good that is the monster call racing. One thing i learned after becoming a track owner is it is very hard work, long hours, and always someone mad at you. So my hat is of to a owner or promotor. We are having that debate right now with our local fair race promotor. But i going to support him if i can. The internet has made griping about tracks bad. and many tracks have had enough and closed. That will not happen here as i understand both sides of the fence. They had a bad race the other classes including the pilots enjoyed thiers that does not make it a bad race weekend. On a side note i have came to believe that the bigger high horsepower mini's are hard to control on a track they are very fast and need a smoother track than the odys and pilots same thing with the full size buggies. This track works well with the pilots and odys as well as with the quads and bikes. (that's where most of our racers are) the old track did not work well with those and attendance went down now it is back up. The track in Ohio is a better track for the high horsepower mini's but boring for quads. We have been there and my son won the quad class but said it was no fun but that did not make a bad weekend and no it wasn't dusty but flooded with rain and mud that blew my Engine up in my car and we drove 10 hours. We had fun. See where i'm going and as Stoneman can tell you most things go in one ear and out the other with me so no offense taken i was just posting that it was a good weekend for the biggest part of the racers and for us track workers as we enjoyed having everyone there including the bigger mini's and as always team stoneman i did not get any pizza though as it was gone. all 56 of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:39 pm 

ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:14 am 

we need a better close up of the blonde in pic 944

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:39 am 

Is Stone City Raceway still open and racing?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:07 pm 

LOL You have good eyes! Ha Ha I want to know what happened to the sprocket on the one car??? And I want to know who was whining so I don't drive across the country for an off road race and then be forced to do LAPS with a bunch of Sissies??? LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Stonecity July8-9th
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:21 pm 

Stone City will reopen with a totaly new setup for short course that i think all will like. We also will be redoing the woods course with minbuggies and utvs in mind. The short course will be set for the cars the mx track will move to another part and be seperate. Also there will be a new entrance to the track a little farther down the road. I sold the land where the old entrance was plus hopefully i can moniter people sneaking back and tearing the place up. I closed the track a couple years ago For personel reasons. My dad was in bad health for one. Now we are making the plans to revive it with the main reason I started it in the first place. Minibuggies at the fore front. The mx part will be run by my son and a friend and the owner of another track. My focus will be on the short course and woods track. Opening date not sure on that yet as im mostly tearing everything apart and starting new. I hope at least a couple races later in 2011 then more in 2012 and beyond. Thanks to all who have supported the track and to the ones i have met i hope to meet more and see some good racing again. Phil

Profile E-mail