Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:45 am 

Pilot's first time at Lancelin, like a honeymoon! :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bPcvMV8hSA

Attachments:
SL550304.JPG
SL550304.JPG [ 209.1 KiB | Viewed 579 times ]
SL550306.JPG
SL550306.JPG [ 211.57 KiB | Viewed 579 times ]
SL550308.JPG
SL550308.JPG [ 207.04 KiB | Viewed 579 times ]
SL550309.JPG
SL550309.JPG [ 205.47 KiB | Viewed 579 times ]
SL550311.JPG
SL550311.JPG [ 187.86 KiB | Viewed 579 times ]
SL550312.JPG
SL550312.JPG [ 184.68 KiB | Viewed 579 times ]
SL550310.JPG
SL550310.JPG [ 213.18 KiB | Viewed 537 times ]
SL550307.JPG
SL550307.JPG [ 213.65 KiB | Viewed 536 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:07 pm 

How big of an area Baz? Looks like fun!

Post subject: Dunes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:29 pm 

This looks like a nice open area to ride but it is hard to tell how tall any dunes could be.

Prior to the trip out to Killpecker & St. Anthony the only decent "sand dunes" I'd been on was at Waynoka, Okla. The Big Six trip certainly inspired me to venture out and explore new places even though it does come at a price. Every place seems to have something that would draw you back to it. My visit to St. Anthony was cut short but I'll be back to roost these dunes once again. I also hope to someday make it out to the So. Calif dunes too!

Post subject: Re: Dunes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:37 pm 

Toyman wrote:
This looks like a nice open area to ride but it is hard to tell how tall any dunes could be.

Prior to the trip out to Killpecker & St. Anthony the only decent "sand dunes" I'd been on was at Waynoka, Okla. The Big Six trip certainly inspired me to venture out and explore new places even though it does come at a price. Every place seems to have something that would draw you back to it. My visit to St. Anthony was cut short but I'll be back to roost these dunes once again. I also hope to someday make it out to the So. Calif dunes too!

Will you be ready for the fall trip back out west I need to get back before my kid goes to school since he missed the last trip..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Drakart
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:08 pm 

We are making progress on the Drak restoration at a slow pace. Parts can be very difficult to get as I expected. We have the entire front end completed with new/used A-arms, bushings and ball joints less the steering link which should arrive next week. Need to find a new brake line as I'm finding it impossible to get the old one repaired. I sent the shocks off to Axis to get revalved softer and install a new shaft in the one that got bent during the tow back in. I got a call today from the business owner that resides at the Axis's webb site address in Calif. that they had moved to Penn. so I've got FedEx picking these up to reroute the delivery on Monday. Thanks Axis for keeping your webb site current! Frame has been completely repaired of all damage & repainted. some nice improvements for strength have been made. New roof wing & hood repairs to come next week. Ordered a pair of Kehin PWK 39s that should be here anytime to replace the Mikies that I have nothing good say about.

So to answer your question........ yes,.......... you damn right I'll be ready for another trip out come fall. Get your cars ready boys!

Post subject: Re: Drakart
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:36 pm 

Toyman wrote:
We are making progress on the Drak restoration at a slow pace. Parts can be very difficult to get as I expected. We have the entire front end completed with new/used A-arms, bushings and ball joints less the steering link which should arrive next week. Need to find a new brake line as I'm finding it impossible to get the old one repaired. I sent the shocks off to Axis to get revalved softer and install a new shaft in the one that got bent during the tow back in. I got a call today from the business owner that resides at the Axis's webb site address in Calif. that they had moved to Penn. so I've got FedEx picking these up to reroute the delivery on Monday. Thanks Axis for keeping your webb site current! Frame has been completely repaired of all damage & repainted. some nice improvements for strength have been made. New roof wing & hood repairs to come next week. Ordered a pair of Kehin PWK 39s that should be here anytime to replace the Mikies that I have nothing good say about.

So to answer your question........ yes,.......... you damn right I'll be ready for another trip out come fall. Get your cars ready boys!

I sure am glad to hear it is coming back together, are you waiting for the completion to show us some pictures? Any surprises, or will it look the same?

I am not going to make the late summer trip, new Drak doesn't come 'till mid September, can't wait, don't know what I will do 'till then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:06 am 

G'Day Nuke & Toyman, It's a great place to ride, about 8-900 hectares about 2200 acres. There are some big big dunes here but this year have noticed less of them, I reckon due to the last few years of drought has changed the weather and wind patterns, not alternating evenly between winter and summer wind directions, shaping/forming dunes. It's just not as I remember in years gone by,hope this isn't a warning sign due to global warming :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Drakart
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:55 am 

I sure am glad to hear it is coming back together, are you waiting for the completion to show us some pictures? Any surprises, or will it look the same?

I am not going to make the late summer trip, new Drak doesn't come 'till mid September, can't wait, don't know what I will do 'till then.[/quote

My restoration tech. has been taking some pics. along the way. I'll try to get some posted soon. No real surprises just freshened up everything. Winged roof will be a slightly different design. Suspension & knerfs will be a darker gray. The frame has been repainted "Safety Red" via rattle can. I really liked this color of red and the name got my attention to. :-) I'm still playing with ideas for the body panel color. This could get interesting.