Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: head job???
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:46 pm 

Any one know about this head??? It comes from aftershit ms was hoping it has some proven history??? I don't care for him much either, but this is second hand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: head job???
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:07 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
Any one know about this head??? It comes from aftershit ms was hoping it has some proven history??? I don't care for him much either, but this is second hand

I don't see what your inquiring about but I do have both the first & second generation water cooled heads from chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts and am pleased with their performance. The second generation head has a removeable dome, is smaller & lighter in design.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:23 am 

Quote:
smaller & lighter in design

Less cooling capaticy less surface area to pickup and carry away heat, the smaller design was because the round stock to make them from takes a huge price jump to make the bigger better heads, I remember him crying about material cost in the chat, it was all about profit not smaller and lighter, its what I like about our little buddy that's just trying to help he spins everything .... The ORIGNAL design he first copied was the ticket, LARGER BETTER, no spin just fact, that's why the ORIGNALS were so big they were built by people who knew what they were doing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: head job???
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:27 am 

Turbotexas wrote:

Got a pic of the head?

Why is it being sold second hand?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:43 am 

Doooh....
I forgot to post the link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 340&rd=1,1

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:38 am 

I wonder what that radiator is off of and how you would mount it his pictures kinda suck.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:49 pm 

Looks almost like a frame is built up around it??? I haven't bid on it yet. But need one for the ody...
Does Northern tool carry the calipers I am going to need to redo my pistons???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:53 pm 

I asked him for more pictures...
I found this what is your opinion on this setup
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &rd=1&rd=1

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:17 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I asked him for more pictures...
I found this what is your opinion on this setup
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &rd=1&rd=1

Looks like the roll of the dice, hard telling what it will take to remove the head if its rusted on, exhaust flange looks like it was made for a special pipe, if so he needs to keep that with the pipe.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:14 pm 

OK I see randy sells the same head at 355... how much does a head gasket cost can't see it on his site??? I am liking the thermosiphon rad in auction, SHINY!!! I just don't want to over spend... I have a rad off my chinese pos I can use with the fan, I would only need a pump...
He has the rand head there also but do these come with nuts and studs etc??? OI think I read these were hard to come by???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:06 pm 

to bad someone wouldn't spin all the cooling fins of the stock jug and make a press fit sleeve so the jug and head were water cooled, that would be slick....also you should be asking what cc the dome is, the dome is removable probbaly so you can use different ones.....not for ease of use etc....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:09 pm 

also to bad we didnt have some exact dimensions, you could probbaly have that head machined cheaper than 340...exspecially if you done up about 3 or 4....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:29 pm 

Well this POS guy took down the listing from E-Bay... This knucklehead was complaining earier on flea bay that no one wanted to buy his crap... How the hell can they when he pulls it off with out warning... Like every one sits in front of their computer ALL DAY LONG with nothing better to do???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0043630340
I wonder if e-bay tolorates this behavior??? No buy it now price offered on this auction...
I wouldn't buy a thing from this clown, his credibility went to sh!t As far as I am concerned...
David

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:52 pm 

again, buy it nows generally disapear after first bid, i had a 95.00 rack on ebay with buy it now for 75.00 bux, the same guy that bid the first time won it in the end for 150.00, if peep that dumb ill play along....turbo, do you use a sniper, being on the road maybe a sniper would be good, i use bidnip.com, sorry for spam hoser.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:06 pm 

bugpac wrote:
again, buy it nows generally disapear after first bid, i had a 95.00 rack on ebay with buy it now for 75.00 bux, the same guy that bid the first time won it in the end for 150.00, if peep that dumb ill play along....turbo, do you use a sniper, being on the road maybe a sniper would be good, i use bidnip.com, sorry for spam hoser.....

I am pissed off but I don't want to shoot the guy???

OK now that You are done laughing what the heck is a sniper???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:09 pm 

a sniper bids for you on ebay with a set #of seconds left, then for the guy sitting there waiting to bid, don't have time, you ever lost in the last few seconds, chances are you got sbniped, you just put in the amount your willing to spend and sniper proxy bids on your behalf....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:11 pm 

to add you cant snipe a item if someone else has put in a higher proxy bid, sniper will only bid to your amount, if someone on ebay has a higher amount the time don't matter....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:05 pm 

This head wasn't won by someone else the SOB yanked it cause he was fixing to loose money on it...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:09 pm 

Mudbogger said he was going to talk to him and see if you guys could make a deal, i don't agree either, he knows what it cost new and he knows what he was willing to part with it for, he should have let it fly, but maymbe mud can arrange something for you 2...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:25 pm 

what are you willing to pay for it please, I'll call the seller in the morning, I'm sorry but he pulled it off Ebay at my advice, if you want to be angry it is me actually you have a disagree with, I couldnt let the guy sell that for such a loss-I know what he paid, he doesnt understand what it is worth and I think we all could help him by mabye a purchase through the board here and away from evilbay.I'll try my best to help you in anyway.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:59 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
what are you willing to pay for it please, I'll call the seller in the morning, I'm sorry but he pulled it off Ebay at my advice, if you want to be angry it is me actually you have a disagree with, I couldnt let the guy sell that for such a loss-I know what he paid, he doesnt understand what it is worth and I think we all could help him by mabye a purchase through the board here and away from evilbay.I'll try my best to help you in anyway.

Thanks but no thanks...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:12 pm 

OK THEN - JUST TRYING TO HELP.

btw- HE sold the item off ebay to someone either here or Ludes-not due to my influence according to him.

Profile E-mail