Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:42 pm 

I will be "stuck" in Las Vegas over the weekend. Seems Arizona won't let me cross there state line with my oversized load that goes to Littleton CO until Monday... Whoa is me... I will be forced to stay in Las Vegas ALL weekend... I am hoping someone out there might want tro meet up and show me around the dunes on the North side of town... A guy can't Gamble all weekend...
David
210-831-8764

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:08 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I will be "stuck" in Las Vegas over the weekend. Seems Arizona won't let me cross there state line with my oversized load that goes to Littleton CO until Monday... Whoa is me... I will be forced to stay in Las Vegas ALL weekend... I am hoping someone out there might want tro meet up and show me around the dunes on the North side of town... A guy can't Gamble all weekend...
David
210-831-8764

All kinds of places to ride here is pics of the Armagosa dunes http://pilotodyssey.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=24

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:13 pm 

Go here
http://www.bitd.com/main/index.php?modu ... er_op=list

Look at those I think 4 of them is the Vegas area

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:14 pm 

Remember this post
http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=2907

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:27 am 

This is where I plan on camping out, on the north side of town... I will have a 13'6" wide load on, so I am limited to where I can go... There is a truck stop just South of the racetrack, and the dunes has a large area I can get in and out of!!!

hoser wrote:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:34 am 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
David
210-831-8764

All kinds of places to ride here is pics of the Armagosa dunes http://pilotodyssey.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=24

I would like to try armogosa before it gets to hot... I have seen these dunes from a distance, and they look huge/tall!!!

It would be neat if we could find a section of desert like in these BITD series for our trip out west to have our own little race!!! jut for grins!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:24 am 

Dad gum the luck... The wide load I had was miraculiosly reduced to a legal diminsion... So now I guess I can try to make a few more places...
Any one in CO ready to ride on Monday???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: lost wages
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:43 pm 

Turbo I hope you dropped a couple buck in the slots in order to put front shocks on or at least win a little fuel money. By the way I look at the arm conv you talked about it does not look half bad. Maybe a little less travel would make it more fiesable. If you look at the still pic and the rolling there diff machines. That got me looking a little clooser. Its hard to triangleate off a single dimm picture. You might want to stop by when your out that way and take a look and get pictures from three diff views.

Post subject: Re: lost wages
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:47 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Turbo I hope you dropped a couple buck in the slots in order to put front shocks on or at least win a little fuel money. By the way I look at the arm conv you talked about it does not look half bad. Maybe a little less travel would make it more fiesable. If you look at the still pic and the rolling there diff machines. That got me looking a little clooser. Its hard to triangleate off a single dimm picture. You might want to stop by when your out that way and take a look and get pictures from three diff views.

How many losers does it take to build a 5000 room motel?

Skip the slots and GO RIDING!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:06 pm 

With the way my luck is going I'm going to play the slots also!!! I got the same rate to go to Denver, even when the load changed diminsions!!! Near 3 grand to go!!!
wHEN i DO GO TO PLAY i ONLY BRING WHAT i CAN AFFORD TO LOSE/... WHICH IS VERY LITTLE RIGHT NOW AS i HAVE MY SITES SET ON A PILOT...
Sorry caplock thing... not yelling...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:11 pm 

hey turbo are you going to look at the one around here?

Post subject: Re: lost wages
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:13 pm 

adnoh wrote:

I will try to go see randy at Odysalvage in KS and see if he has one installed I can look at, and maybe test drive... I am ordering some douglas deep offset rims this week, supposed to be a 4x1 offset used by the guys that add the longtravel +2 arms on quads. this keeps there stance close to stock for some racing rules... I have messed with my toe in, and have put it a little on the toe out side to see if this improves my turning... I re read the manual and they call for a toe out... I also looked at hosers post on the toe out at turn... We will see what happens...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:16 pm 

Oldmanody wrote:
hey turbo are you going to look at the one around here?

Yes I talked to Tom last night, and it might be up my alley... It needs quite a bit of work, and he is sending me some pictures... I don't mind the rebuilding of one, as long as I have something to ride whilre I wait for parts etc...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:10 pm 

good luck and let me know if i can help in anyway

Curtis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:48 pm 

Spent most of the day in Barstow... Mainly working on the brakes... Ain't got them right but I know what I forgot to do...
This is rough country!!! Whoops and big gravel!!! I tightened up my front shocks a 4 notches, and will try to tighten the rears to see if it improves!!! here is a pic... I have more but will wait till I get a high speed connection...

Attachments:
DSCF0876.JPG
DSCF0876.JPG [ 49.75 KiB | Viewed 2028 times ]
DSCF0875.JPG
DSCF0875.JPG [ 59.35 KiB | Viewed 2028 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:03 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
Spent most of the day in Barstow... Mainly working on the brakes... Ain't got them right but I know what I forgot to do...
This is rough country!!! Whoops and big gravel!!! I tightened up my front shocks a 4 notches, and will try to tighten the rears to see if it improves!!! here is a pic... I have more but will wait till I get a high speed connection...

Where abouts in Barstow?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:07 am 

Your about 125 miles from DUMONT dunes.

Take 127 north out of Baker for about 32 miles dunes are on the right cant miss them.

Attachments:
barstow to dumont.jpg
barstow to dumont.jpg [ 100.77 KiB | Viewed 2084 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:15 am 

Forgot, on the corner where 15 and 127 meet is MAD GREEK restaurant its open 24 hrs and has semi parking in the rear, I spent the night their, they have great gyros but are kinda pricey.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:02 pm 

I thought about the dumont dunes, but Nuke em said it might be risky getting in... Here at least I have all the comforts within walking distance!!! I can even avoid washing clothes by going shopping!!! LOL Some guys might be coming up from LA today, so I might get a few more miles away from the truck!!! I had a blast yesterday, but only put about 14 miles on the car...

Attachments:
DSCF0867.JPG
DSCF0867.JPG [ 45.4 KiB | Viewed 2067 times ]
DSCF0868.JPG
DSCF0868.JPG [ 37.96 KiB | Viewed 2067 times ]
DSCF0877.JPG
DSCF0877.JPG [ 47.28 KiB | Viewed 2067 times ]
DSCF0878.JPG
DSCF0878.JPG [ 26.12 KiB | Viewed 2067 times ]
DSCF0879.JPG
DSCF0879.JPG [ 26.76 KiB | Viewed 2067 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:49 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I thought about the dumont dunes, but Nuke em said it might be risky getting in... Here at least I have all the comforts within walking distance!!! I can even avoid washing clothes by going shopping!!! LOL Some guys might be coming up from LA today, so I might get a few more miles away from the truck!!! I had a blast yesterday, but only put about 14 miles on the car...

You wont have any problems getting your rig into Dumont just don't be a fool and try to park close to the sand and get stuck hehe

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:40 am 

I am wore out... Had a short ride day, and had to drive the Peterbilt up the road...(Kinda funny feeling driving that now...)
I am continuisly amazed at the quality of this thing... I went up and through some real rough stuff... Mostly because I had already commited my self, and didn't want to roll back down the hill LOL Steep ,and rocky and it didn't bother this ting a bit... not even full throttle on the steepest hill I could find.. I found my self letting off the gas, and pointing this thing...
The Whoops are getting better, or at least I am at getting on the gas and just bounceing from one to the next!!! Still want a little better shock in the front, and have to figure out how not to nose it into some whoops... I don't know if a skid plate will help or not??? With the heavy helmit on this is a strain to my already messed up neck... Seems the j-arm suspension doesn't work well at that angle??? Not really at a nose dart position, just seems to drag the bottom and spray alot of dirt in my face???? only happens every once in a while???

Tommorow Las Vegas!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Lawn Dart
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:28 am 

Cw called that one. When you get your new front T/R shocks you can back off the rears(soften them up in the first two stages) to help with then Lawn Darting. Too stiff in the rear and the fronts bottoming out is one thing that sends the rear skyward. the other is not enought travel for the deep stuff however if you can power to the tops with the new shock you wont sink in and as CW say become a Lawn Dart Show. Ilike to call it ridiing the tops. Check out where the tire dig when the other(quads,ody and pilots) power through and you will see what I mean. Just set at the gates where there wooped out and watch. You will notice whos set up right and wrong. The speed and bounce will tell the story. Pay close attention to new bikes because most of the time there susp. is set up at the factory for bigger ridders and will pogo, to stiff and rebound too slow as well as spring rate to tight.

Post subject: Pogo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:36 am 

When you call works ask for the tech. dept and tell them how your set up and tell them what it doing at what speed and conditions they will point in the right direction. Get it "right direction". Also ask them about shimming the spring to sfoten up the first two stages and bringing in the third stage sooner so you can set your ride height (loosen up the preload adjuster). Shock set up for wood will not work the same as set of for the dunes. If you do both ask for a happy medium valving with comp adjustments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:34 pm 

I don't have much of a prolem in the whoops as long as I am on the throttle...
It's more on landing off a small jump iyt's like the front is heavy and lands hard... Did it today jumping some small dunes in Vegas... hard pack on the other side and ouch!!! Looking at getting something lke this

http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com/raci ... rness.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:54 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I don't have much of a prolem in the whoops as long as I am on the throttle...
It's more on landing off a small jump iyt's like the front is heavy and lands hard... Did it today jumping some small dunes in Vegas... hard pack on the other side and ouch!!! Looking at getting something lke this

http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com/raci ... rness.html

don't forget the neck collar, I went away from the neck collar and replace it with the thick horse collar form Randy that is always on the harness its like 2" thick. I have 3 bad disc in my neck and can tell you it makes a night and day difference.

Profile E-mail