Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Beach Race
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:30 pm 

A few pics from the weekend

Attachments:
File comment: attempt at straightening the top cage - failure
Beach Races 6.07 006.jpg
Beach Races 6.07 006.jpg [ 88.94 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]
File comment: Teh line up
Beach Races 6.07 011.jpg
Beach Races 6.07 011.jpg [ 90 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]
File comment: Hole shot
Beach Races 6.07 030.jpg
Beach Races 6.07 030.jpg [ 111.46 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]
File comment: tabletop
Beach Races 6.07 031.jpg
Beach Races 6.07 031.jpg [ 110.69 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]
File comment: full throttle
Beach Races 6.07 032.jpg
Beach Races 6.07 032.jpg [ 118.59 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]

Post subject: Re: The Beach Race
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:58 pm 

cafercr35 wrote:
A few pics from the weekend

Cool, have more?

I always straighten the cage with it all assembled not taken apart , not saying having it together is better I just never tried it, any pics after you were done?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:32 pm 

How come that guy didn't clear the table top. he he

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:24 pm 

nj rider wrote:
How come that guy didn't clear the table top. he he

He was alittle scared from the nose plant the time before...lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:27 pm 

hoser wrote:

I always straighten the cage with it all assembled not taken apart , not saying having it together is better I just never tried it, any pics after you were done?

I'll take one once I take her out of the trailer. Prolly on Weds. She didn't straighten at all. There is a crack at one of the joints that needs to be rewelded. I'm going to attempt again with the cage fully assembled. It was tweeked to one side....I may have to try some other metthods too.....I will see what the prfessor comes up with once I examine it a bit more. Pics to follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:15 pm 

I thought that beach race was canceled as of a few months ago?? I would have been there if I would have known that it was still on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:32 pm 

cafercr35 wrote:
hoser wrote:

I'll take one once I take her out of the trailer. Prolly on Weds. She didn't straighten at all. There is a crack at one of the joints that needs to be rewelded. I'm going to attempt again with the cage fully assembled. It was tweeked to one side....I may have to try some other metthods too.....I will see what the prfessor comes up with once I examine it a bit more. Pics to follow.

If its bent too much you might need to apply heat with a torch to the area where the tube is most deformed, play with it, use 2-3 jacks in different areas all at the same time, I doubt you can hurt it any at this point, I bet you play with it long enough you can get it back where nobody can tell it was bent up, you might think of some gussets where it bent of your going to weld it up, tack it up good then pull the cage off to weld, get a can of Rustoleum sunrise red and touch it up :-)

don't fuss with it too much you will just crack it up again :shock:

Find a straight top cage save it for the day you sell the Pilot heh

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:34 pm 

King Kx wrote:
I thought that beach race was canceled as of a few months ago?? I would have been there if I would have known that it was still on.

That sucks I wanted to see your briggsbuilt with the 700 in some action pics.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:18 pm 

Some more pics. Sorry i got the lawn dart pics in the wrong order.

I got plenty more, I thought cafer would appreciate me getting these posted right away.

Mike

Attachments:
IMG_2547a.jpg
IMG_2547a.jpg [ 241.01 KiB | Viewed 1067 times ]
IMG_2548a.jpg
IMG_2548a.jpg [ 247.71 KiB | Viewed 1067 times ]
IMG_2608a.jpg
IMG_2608a.jpg [ 288.67 KiB | Viewed 1067 times ]
IMG_2766a.jpg
IMG_2766a.jpg [ 267.29 KiB | Viewed 1067 times ]
IMG_2549a.jpg
IMG_2549a.jpg [ 226.1 KiB | Viewed 1067 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:21 pm 

damn those black rims look sweet, especially straight up :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:37 pm 

Is that what you guy's call a wheelie!!! I might have to come up there to let ya'll teach me how to wheelie like that!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:55 pm 

Nice pics Mike! Thanks for catchin me in the act.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:02 pm 

Quote:
King Kx Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:15 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that beach race was canceled as of a few months ago?? I would have been there if I would have known that it was still on

So what is the story on this race? Why wasn't the word put out that it was back on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:50 pm 

I've got video from day two (in the pouring rain) which includes footage of Cafercr35's "Let's see if I can make a hard right turn while still airborn from the last set of whoops" rollover.

I will try to post or send it to someone who can.

As far as the "race is on/the race is off" - my understanding is that this particular event is historically opened to ATVs and bikes only, Pilots and Odys were not allowed. One of the board members reached out to the promoters and struck a deal to allow Pilots/Odys to run the track in a non-cash/tophy class. Since this was a only a trial, the promoters wanted to keep it small and limited the group to only a few machines. Not an ideal situation but a necessary first step to begin to build a relationship and some good will with the sponsor of the event.

The good news is that everything went very well and the crowd really seemed to enjoy the show which should translate into an invitation back in October - hopefully with additional Pilot/Ody slots and some cash/trophy eligibility.

Who knows - maybe we can generate enough interest to someday warrant our own exclusive Pilot Odyssey Beach Race and Jamboree!!

Then it would litterally be an East COAST Jambo!!

PNut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:57 pm 

p-nut hit the nail on the head, i called the race promoter on wensday 2 days before the event . As of then we were canceled. With a little persuasion they let us come as a demo event. They specified only pilots so there was not any other 350 classes (which i own) or other classes. So i kept it to a tight pilot group that i knew. The last thing i want to do is upset people on this board, because all of the people I met with the passion i love have come from this board. I met hare (incredible honest and incredibley informative person) and so many people were soon to follow; caferracer, mikey123,pilotdick,pilotnut,squarerims,and most of all honest relationships and good people. Were in the begining phases. Of somthing large if ive offended anybody i appoligize.LIVE STRONG

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:17 pm 

Had a blast guys, cept for catching some virus and not the fun to get kind, at least it waited until the drive home to hit me, hope i didn't infect the lot of ya. Nice pictures and video too

Scary but was way fun driving "the home" on the beach after midnight, can't believe we didn't get stuck

night time drags were killer, Terri getting yelled at for her high speed after drag antics that we all were doing.

All the pilots were running great, until Pnut's at the end wouldn't start, my asassian pilot shakedown run went well, only a pipe clamp broke, from my laziness. Great weather on Saturday, keep the dust down weather on Sunday slept in late and got done early.

On the race invite thing, it was only because of a personal relationship that this was first allowed. When it started being posted on other boards it almost ruined it, that was turned back around at the last minute.

This was done so a group of friends that often ride together, could ride together for fun, a big, friendly go cart ride. This could not be turned into a "racer joe" take out contest or for "builders" to run, test, race, promote, exploit or do anything on a "professional" level, there was not room for it. They wouldn't of allow any exotics anyway.

If this happens again it will again be an invational only where stock or near stock pilots are allowed and everyone is wecome. But you MUST trail ride with us IF you plan to race with us, we are always looking for riding buddies that want to ride and have always welcomed everybody. We also have another spot where a race type of event may be held towards the end of this year.

This Saturday in PA and again at ECJ presents some more chances to do just that, trail ride, new people are super welcome to join. Please make sure you and your pilot or odyssey is in decent enough shape to endure an all day PA adventure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:30 pm 

Good to hear from ya Hare, your the reasson I'm here in the first place. As for Sat. PA run , I'm smoked with work & have to keep the misses happy. I also have a bunch of parts in from Randy that I have to do some work on my buddies, (Arty's 350 to get ready for ECJ)ride. So as of today I'm up in the air, if clients let me work till 10 at night I'm there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:50 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
Is that what you guy's call a wheelie!!! I might have to come up there to let ya'll teach me how to wheelie like that!!!

And to think I was letting OFF the gas and wounded up like that...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:03 pm 

the promoters picture taker ain't got nothing on our guys (and especially our girls) but here is the link

http://aidigital.com/

i only looked thru a couple towards the end but didn't see any pilots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:42 pm 

I sent the photog an e-mail and he said "if you ran, we got your picture" but I didn't see anything on the site either. But since we ran after 6pm he may not have stuck around till the end.

I'll send him another e-mail, I'll bet Mikes wife Patty got better pics anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:20 pm 

1 new oem roll cage $400

viewtopic.php?t=3144

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:52 pm 

hoser wrote:

Thanks Hoser - he sold 2 cages - the used and the new...